• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Limited Deluxe Edition!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Just a quick question I was wondering while browsing iTunes.

When do you take the step to buy (or illegally download!) a deluxe version album, compared to the basic one? Is it because of a bonus track you really like that isn't available on the basic one? Is it because you want to support the artist the most you can?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Generally I will only go for the deluxe editions if it is not too much more expensive, and weighing up what is actually in it.
    Anything other than bonus songs, and I won't buy it. I buy CDs for the music, not really the packaging and everything.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I only buy about 4-5 albums per year, so it's normally quite an event anyway. If the option to buy a LIMITED DELUXE EDITION (ZOMG!) is available, so long as it's not prohibitively expensive and comes with at least something good - like a decent track or maybe some song lyrics in a PDF file - I'll probably get it. If I bought more music than I do, though, I imagine I'd end up hesitating somewhat before each purchase.

Years
    I usually buy the deluxe edition simply for the extra goodies therein, usually extra tracks, b-sides, etc. But it depends on the band, there are some I love to support, like Rise Against, because I identify with what they stand for.

Years
    I'll usually download the bonus tracks, simply because it's another song by the band that I can listen to. Most bands in my music library don't release albums with bonus tracks, but the ones that do I always download. In some cases the bonus song is the best track on the album. I didn't really enjoy Dr. Dog's album We All Belong, but the bonus track (which was a cover) was really great.

Years
    I like to buy deluxe editions because sometimes the album art is different, packaging is better, the bonus songs are amazing!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I generally download deluxe editions when available, even though some tracks aren't really worth the buy at times. But yes, it's usually to support the artist. However, I don't necessarily obtain all my music legally. :x

Back