• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Limited Edition!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Borderlands-2-Ultimate-Loot-Chest-Limited-Edition.jpg

There are days when I just look into my drawer (I...can't afford a gaming shelf yet), see all the goods I got from Limited Editions and Day Ones, and really have to wonder to myself "Was this really worth it?" Hell, sometimes I find myself buying games solely because they have a limited edition. Of course, there are other times when I do just want things for the sake of collection, and I constantly worry that not nabbing something early will force me to pay a fortune later. The collector's life is suffer...and I barely touch the surface!

So, with that in mind, how do you guys feel about collecting games (or items, memorabilia, etc.) or buying things just for the novelty of owning them? Are you the type that'd pay...at least moderately more money for the sake of getting a Limited Edition?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • The bobble head from the pictures is cheap as hell.

On topic I love collectors editions, but I find there are less and less, now becoming boring "ultimate" or "gold" editions that just come with one exclusive skin, seasons pass, and play it a little early.

I have every halo since ODST's legendary edition, borderlands, feud ex HR, skyrim, FO4 and a whole bunch of others.

I think mw2 was the coolest since it have working NVGs.

I just like to display the newest stuff. I have started selling off old stuff and disappointment games stuff (like fo4s pipboy and my h5 cheap statue)

Years
  • I'm not too big of a fan of collector's editions and little memorabilia like pamphlets and stickers and bobble heads. I generally just purchase a game for the experience of playing that game :P I've never actually bought any collector's editions, but I have been gifted a few, and to me personally, it's not worth the extra money, but if you're a fan of collecting things, by all means go ahead.

Some of the things in these bundles are actually kinda cool, though. Like Arsenic said, the MW2 thing had night vision goggles, so I wouldn't say that the extra things you get are worthless.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I love a good steelbook case. And boy, that picture you posted reminds me of those Scholastic flyers that had a bunch of books and other goodies included if you paid $100 or so.

My favorite thing I have though is a Kane talking bobblehead from the Command & Conquer series.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • The only limited edition I have is Ni no Kuni DS in Japanese. I have no idea how I found that one used in my country, but I'll never have that much luck. Big box aside, it comes with a standard sized hardcover book probably featuring the game's lore and bestiary, but I can't read that since it's in moon runes.

Since it's always optional, it's a cool thing for fans and people who like to collect. As long as it's physical goods like objects and game's OST and not exclusive content that could be locked for people not buying that edition. Not sure about Limited, but don't Day 1 edition sometimes include cosmetic DLC that's exclusive?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • The only limited edition that I have is Painkiller: Hell & Damnation, which weirdly enough, is quite sold often in our stores. So much for it being "limited". But hey, its not a bad game though.

Then there's Overwatch Origins edition for me since well, it was the best thing i could get for Overwatch where i get some of the content. And i get that lovely lovely box.

To me, if its really that worth it, then i buy the limited edition since it makes me feel a lot more complete, and the gratification of owning such makes me feel proud to be a consumer of the video game medium ;)

Years
  • I have the Limited Edition of No Man's Sky, I honestly could have just gone for the standard edition, because the game to put it nicely didn't live up to the hype that it put out. I have or rather had the Pokemon Soul Silver combo pack that included a little Lugia figure and the Pokewalker (Idk if that counts). I have the physical deluxe edition of Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (idk if that counts). I'm getting the Back to School edition of Corpse Party, which includes two figures and a CD soundtrack.

I typically don't do Limited Editions, considering I only have three. Did NMS cause it actually had things that interested me, samething goes with Lego SW. Only reason why I'm getting the Limited Edition (Back to School Edition) of CP is because its the only way to get the physical copy lol

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I have over 10 LEs and I'm pretty satisfied with them.
    Buying LE usually convinces me to buy some game day 1.
    I can't really justify buying the game for the full price but the bonus goodies justify the price.

And sometimes, it makes me buy used game for a bit bigger price. :D

Obviously talking about weeb games.

Back