• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Link Cable Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2022
    Me and my brother are playing silver and gold. We want to trade/battle pokemon but we have run into an unforutnate problem. We are both using gameboy advance SP's with gameboy colour gams in them ( gold and silver. )

Which link cable would we have to use to allow trades/battles? Or would we have to buy two gameboy colours and the respective link cable required for them?

*Wasn't sure where this thread should go seeming as it's a link cable question as well as gold/silver.

Thanks in advance.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yes, you need a Game Boy Color and the cable for those to get them to link up. The Q&A thread is the place for all questions, provided they are about RBYG/GSC, or the Game Boy and cables themselves. Only thing you can't ask about in there is ROMs and emulators, which would go in the Emulation section.

Edit:
    donavannj said:
    You can use a Game Boy link cable in a Game Boy Advance with a Game Boy or Game Boy Color game, Syd. Just for future reference. I used to do this all the time when I wanted to trade between my Silver and my Yellow.

Locked.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back