• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Linkable?

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2009
    Hi.
    Recently me and my friends have gotten back into playing pokemon games. I am playing the original pokemon red, my friend is playing pokemon silver, and my other friend is playing the new pokemon ruby red version. We want to fight, and i was wondering if it was possible to for each game to link to the other so we can duel? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • None of the versions can battle each other since they aren't compatible. Silver is backwards compatible with Red but they can't battle iirc. Ruby has new game mechanics such as natures and the change of the IVs which makes it totally incompatible.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2009
    None of the versions can battle each other since they aren't compatible. Silver is backwards compatible with Red but they can't battle iirc. Ruby has new game mechanics such as natures and the change of the IVs which makes it totally incompatible.

what do you mean by iirc?
    and so if my two friends played silver and i played red, we could duel?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • If I Recall Correctly

Your two friends would be able to battle but you wouldn't since it won't be compatible.

Back