• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Link's R/B/Y Monotype Challenge

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    These seem to suddenly be catching on, and I found my old Blue version, so I thought, what the heck? I love these Monotype challenges and thought it would be cool to open my very first one. I didn't see a rule saying I had to ask for permission from a mod, so correct me if I'm wrong! Anyways, let me get onto the rules:

Rules
    .You may keep your starter (This includes Pikachu in Yellow, or course)
    .You may have a HM slave on your team, but it must be only to teach HM's to! You may not battle with this pokemon at all! If you're forced to battle with this pokemon because you ran out of your others, then lose on purpose. It should be easy if you never train it, right?
    .No hacking pokemon using something like a GameShark! Yeah, that is cheating! (PM me to request using something like this if you just have to use it) You may, though, use the glitches in the game, including the Mew one on the nugget bridge.
    .You may trade pokemon from other games at the very beginning of the game as long as they fall in the 2-10 level range.
    .This will not be a race. Take your time at an easy (or mega fast) pace. Try to update every one or two days with news about your journey.

And now to the types......

Types (There will be one person per type)
    Grass- Jake
    Fire- L'Viaquez
    Water- DarkTyphlosion157
    Normal- Brien
    Flying- Kevmysta
    Bug- Water PKMN Trainer
    Electric-
    Fighting- JollyRoger25
    Ground-
    Rock- runner12326
    Poison- Dark_Link12
    Psychic- Joey the Cockroach

If I missed a type, let me know please. I left ice out on purpose because of the lack of ice pokemon in the 1st gen. games. Once you sign-up and I say you're in, you may start your challenge. Good luck to everybody!

(.:God:. [or however you type your name] I think you were the one who started this Monotype thing in the first place, right? Anyways, I'll give you credit since you've already had a similiar challenge.)

If somebody could make banners, that would be great. I've tried already and they stunk! A prize? I'm not sure of one yet, but I'll try to think of a good one. So far, it'll probably be a freebie pokemon of any type of your choice for the challenge!

Last edited:

woooooohooooooooooooo

Hardcore trainer? i think so
    Years
    Seem's sweet
    I'll Take electric
    And since im doing it on Blue version and i have
    no yellow Can i Use my gameshark to get my starter pokemon to be a magnemite or electabuzz?

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To wooooohoooooooooo: You can keep your beginner pokemon no matter what it is. You can capture a Pikachu at the beginning and then you'll have your beginner and the Pikachu until you can capture pokemon like Electabuzz and Magnamite.

DarkTyphlosion: Okay, you're in.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I claim fire!

Yes, this is going to be so fun. :>

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    To L'Viaquez: Okay, I'll add you

To pokehunter123: Okay, I'll add you as well. There are slight differences between the two generations of games. I like red and blue because they are so classical.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    But pikachu is so mehh.
    And i don't like using starters in challenges :<
    But i guess ill have to take it :[

I guess you can use it so you can get one electric pokemon so you'll have that plus Pikachu so you can put your starter away. It's a while before a lot of electric pokemon appear. You have permission to use it one time only. Say thank you. :)

woooooohooooooooooooo

Hardcore trainer? i think so
    Years
    I guess you can use it so you can get one electric pokemon so you'll have that plus Pikachu so you can put your starter away. It's a while before a lot of electric pokemon appear. You have permission to use it one time only. Say thank you. :)

:o Don't demand me on what to say :p but thanks ^.^
    And then also i want to use it because the first non electric move pikachu learns is slam but at lvl 20 i beleive

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    I thought I would go ahead and post my first update about my adventure since I just turned off my Blue version.

Day One
    Just started my game. I named myself Blue and my rival Red. Creative, I know.

-Received a Bulbasaur as my starter (almost forgot that it is a poison type as well)
    -lost to my rival (it was a fluke I swear!!)
    -got the pokedex from Professor Oak
    -went to route 2 and captured a level 2 Nidoran Female

That's all for the moment!

Current Team
    Bulbasaur- Level 5
    Nidoran Female- Level 2

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    We're free to exploit R/B/Y's insanely fun glitches right? As long as we don't use them to break any rules?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 23, 2008
    Day 1:

Called myself AJ and my rival Link
    Started with Squirtle to make my life easier
    Defeated Link in the lab
    Delivered Oak's Parcel
    Got Pokedex
    Went into to Viridian Forest and caught a lvl 5 Caterpie
    Currently trying to train Caterpie

Current Team: