• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Lisia & Aarune

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • What do you think of Gamefreak's decision to implement two new characters that represent two unique aspects of Hoenn - contests and secret bases? Do you think they added a lot to the games? Would you have changed them at all? Which do you like better?

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I think they're not really needed, since they don't really add anything new to the games. You can take them out entirely and the game wouldn't change one bit. I don't really find them interesting in the slightest.

Years
  • I think they added absolutely nothing to the game. If you're new to Pokémon and hadn't played the original Hoenn games, I can see why you'd need them. But to me, the scenes with them just took up my time. And I like my time.

I like Aarune better because at least I actually got some stuff out of him talking to me.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I like having Arune around, it made Secret Bases actually feel like it was a feature instead of just a side game. However, I really, really hate Lisia, I'm sorry, I just do. She's obnoxious and annoying. I friggin love contests tho.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Lisia is a time-waster imo. She's just there to annoy the heck out of you, and she doesn't even realize how obnoxious she is since our characters are pretty much the silent type. More over, she's so oblivious to situations. I mean, I got my fans stolen from her only because she appeared into the Lilycove Fan Club. God I hate Lisia.

Aurune is more tolerable at least.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Lisia is a time-waster imo. She's just there to annoy the heck out of you, and she doesn't even realize how obnoxious she is since our characters are pretty much the silent type. More over, she's so oblivious to situations. I mean, I got my fans stolen from her only because she appeared into the Lilycove Fan Club. God I hate Lisia.

Aurune is more tolerable at least.

Agreed with Lisia, when I first encountered her she was VERY annoying and I was like "Shut up! I want to get to Mauville already!" and her theme music is also annoying to listen to. If anything she just exists to delay your journey and nothing more.

Also, NPC's all over Hoenn won't stop bragging about her, like how the Trainer Fan Club in Lilycove is now a Contest Fan Club that worships her like a goddess of sorts and they always talk about how great she is, even one NPC in Sootopolis who asks you if you or Lisia is more popular and he'll give you a TM (guess which the correct answer is to get the TM...)

Does this character even NEED to exist at all? Aarune is fine, but Lisia is just obnoxious, which is a wonder I have barely participated in contests since I've started the game.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Agreed with Lisia, when I first encountered her she was VERY annoying and I was like "Shut up! I want to get to Mauville already!" and her theme music is also annoying to listen to. If anything she just exists to delay your journey and nothing more.

Also, NPC's all over Hoenn won't stop bragging about her, like how the Trainer Fan Club in Lilycove is now a Contest Fan Club that worships her like a goddess of sorts and they always talk about how great she is, even one NPC in Sootopolis who asks you if you or Lisia is more popular and he'll give you a TM (guess which the correct answer is to get the TM...)

Does this character even NEED to exist at all? Aarune is fine, but Lisia is just obnoxious, which is a wonder I have barely participated in contests since I've started the game.

I've been participating in contests since RSE, so obviously I can't just sit down and not play it in the remakes.

However, the cutscenes I had to deal with AFTER. WINNING. EVERY. CONTEST. WATCHING. HER. just makes me mad. At first, I was like, okay sure whatever. And then when I entered the fan club at Lilycove they were all praising. Cue me losing to Lisia once, and then when I entered the fan club again she was all like "oh, having a meeting with your fans?" while stealing all of my fans from me AT. THAT. EXACT. MOMENT. and not realizing what she just did just makes me ARGH!

Sorry, not meaning on hating on Lisia, but there's a limit on how much I could tolerate.

Nakala Pri

Aarune is butt ugly, with that whole beard thing (I detest beards) but he was kinda cool. He wears snazzy outfits and he likes adventures, so he's pretty rad I guess. :D

I guess shopping for base stuff is fun, even though I had 300,000 and went down to 19,000 pretty darned fast. >:(

Lisia was damn right epic! I can see why everyone hates her, she says lots of useless stuff and makes really crappy title names, but her design is really cool and I like the way she talks.

Contests were sorta blegh though.

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Alot of negativity about Lisia, of course these games come from the anime not the characters for the most part but it is an anime based game.
    Lisia and the Aurune kind of make the game feel (For me) a little bit more anime-like.
    Since i'm a big anime fan myself seeing a character that has a personality like that makes the game more enjoyable and the side characters less.. so so.
    Sure they aren't important in anyway, but in the anime of X and Y they had the contests ruled by a particular star (Cant remember her name) With her Fennekin/Braixen, i think they were trying to emulate this in a way. and i think it's also a good way for people who do enjoy contests to feel a bit more competitive especially with the outcome of getting Alterianite, there are far worse things in the game to gripe about than a character with an over enflated ego, but that's just what happens when the young get famous!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • A lot of people on this thread are talking about how much they dislike Lisia, but I honestly found her too one-dimensional and shallow for there to be anything to hate about her. Then again, I didn't get all my fans stolen away from me by her, so I guess she hasn't done anything to piss me off so badly as of yet. As for Aarune, I had similar thoughts. They both feel like characters that were just blindly tacked on to make the two unique features of Hoenn stand out slightly more. I think they should've developed the characters a little more, or made a more developed side-quest surrounding secret bases and super contests, to make people more interested in these features.

Lynnth

Trollbat
    Years
  • I honestly haven't done any of the contests, and so I've only encountered her once. Thus I don't have enough in game experience around her to make up my mind on how I think about her.

BUT the inclusion of her character does give me a bit more canon information about Wallace, and I always love knowing more about characters I like, so information wise, I don't mind her for that bit of information I've managed to find out about Wallace.

Years
  • I really enjoy these characters, Lisia's such a cutie and I do love how she tries to root for you when you participate in a contest, also I love that she's since been revealed as Wallace's niece. But then again we all had a feeling she was going to be related to him.

Aarune on the other hand originally came from Unova, that's very interesting I have to say. I'm not a fan of his goatee but he's an adventurer who loves Secret Bases so that's cool.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Aarune's a swell guy and unobtrusive. The beard is cool, IMO (facial hair is so scarce in Pokemon), but I wish they'd done the marks on his face differently. They look like he hasn't slept in weeks, haha. He doesn't really add much apart from giving a face to the secret base mechanic, though. Lisia is kind of amusing in a ridiculous "living in her own little universe" sort of way, but she could do without eleventy cut-scenes every time you do a contest. She is almost the only one who puts up any sort of challenge in them once you get to face her, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I love it. Especially since Lisia is the only serious competitor in the contest.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wish there was more added to Lisia. The contest side quest felt short... honestly her rival Chaz was a better character...

Aurune...well I wish he appeared more than twice outside of Fortree.

Speaking of these two I have a feeling we'll be seeing them again in DP remakes as those games feature SBs and Contests too. Btw anyone else think Juan is Lisia's uncle? He does do both contests and battles.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I wish there was more added to Lisia. The contest side quest felt short... honestly her rival Chaz was a better character...

Aurune...well I wish he appeared more than twice outside of Fortree.

Speaking of these two I have a feeling we'll be seeing them again in DP remakes as those games feature SBs and Contests too. Btw anyone else think Juan is Lisia's uncle? He does do both contests and battles.

Wallace is confirmed to be Lisia's uncle.

Back