• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Lisia & Aarune

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I think they're pretty unnecessary. I do really like the side story and challenge that you're given with Lisia and everything, but Idk... Maybe they were necessary for all of the additions that they added to both contests and Secret Bases, but everyone managed just fine without them in Ruby and Sapphire, so it's hard to say. I do like how they added the DPPt flag system in with the Secret Bases now, too.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I think they just do what any other NPC could have fulfilled. The Secret Base HQ is super filler, and there was already an NPC that introduced us to Secret Bases in RSE, so it didn't make a lick of difference to me. As far as Lisia goes, she was also filler because I was under the impression someone like Juan would be fulfilling her role, and I already don't do contests very much (yet?) so it's the same thing here - no difference made to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Lisia made me wonder how much rule 34 has been done of these particular games yet. It's the outfit, you know? Anyway, nice to have a rival for contests, I think (and assuming she ends up being much of one; I haven't progressed much in contests), however their personality may be. The lack of any real storyline in contests never gave much motivation to bother with them in the original R/S so I like her for what she's worth. Her personality doesn't bother me – seems par for the course with Pokemon. Her lines make for easier reading than those of BuzzNav, at the very least.

I think Aarune looks a bit odd with those... bags(?) under his eyes. Aside from that, nice guy bursting with enthusiasm in a way that really does make him seem like a grown man still well in touch with his inner child, or something. I felt a bit bad to realise he only has one monster after troubling him for a battle, but he took his two-hit loss like nothing gets to him and he lives for the present. Nice when the gameplay serves to characterise someone.

Last edited:

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • Lisia was completely unneeded. I found her to be very annoying. All it did was make it so that it took longer to go to the next city in the story. I do like Aarune though. He was cool. Although he looked like he hadn't slept in weeks and looked a lot older than 25. xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I don't know if Lisia's whole purpose was to get into the idol bandwagon in Japan or to bring more eye candy to the male audience, even though she could be the same age as your character due to sharing the same size, making her choice of outfit both questionable and morally wrong for western viewers. Aarune also felt unneeded, as you could any generic NPC take his place to explain secret bases to you.

Alot of negativity about Lisia, of course these games come from the anime not the characters for the most part but it is an anime based game.
    Lisia and the Aurune kind of make the game feel (For me) a little bit more anime-like.
    Since i'm a big anime fan myself seeing a character that has a personality like that makes the game more enjoyable and the side characters less.. so so.
    Sure they aren't important in anyway, but in the anime of X and Y they had the contests ruled by a particular star (Cant remember her name) With her Fennekin/Braixen, i think they were trying to emulate this in a way. and i think it's also a good way for people who do enjoy contests to feel a bit more competitive especially with the outcome of getting Alterianite, there are far worse things in the game to gripe about than a character with an over enflated ego, but that's just what happens when the young get famous!
    The games came first before the anime, which was a year later.

pvnk-as-fvck

depressed little mess
    Years
  • Lisia is SO. ANNOYING.
    Every time I win a contest it's always ruined by her! "By the way, there's someone waiting for you in the blah blah room."
    Oh gee, I wonder who it is?
    Her rival is also annoying. I would like being in contests more if a cut scene didn't happen every time I won.
    Aaurune is okay, if I'm being honest I was rather happy to find him because I could start decorating my secret base-after seeing all those secret base spots on the journey through Hoenn I wanted to make a secret base already.
    I love how there's a bunch of secret places on Routes 130-13? I forgot which routes haha.
    Anyways, I don't think Nintendo should've added those characters in the game but there's nothing we can do about it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I had already forgot about them until I read this. Basically I really didn't care about them. I thought they were neither good nor bad just there. Unless you really bother with contests I don't see why you would remember Lisia that much. I never play the contests so that explains that. I actually do a lot with the secret bases so you'd think I'd have Aarune in mind, but I usually just pass him buy my items and leave.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    I like Lisia. She's cute, and I don't find her annoying, I find her entertaining. Plus, as someone said on the first page, I like finding out more info on Wallace, who's like. My favorite. So there's that.

I'm kinda neutral on Aarune. He's just kinda...there? Like, I don't dislike him, but I don't really like him either.

Overall, I don't mind that they added the characters. I'm glad the game is more than just a remake of Ruby and Sapphire, it's got new elements as well.

Years
  • I don't really give a fuck about them besides their appearances. The only thing I liked about Lisia was her appearance. I'm not sure about Aarune, I think I ignored him all the time.

Years
  • I don't remember much from Aarune, but Lisia was cute and she made a funny little appearance early in the game while you were first in Slateport. Since I haven't completed any though, I haven't seen much of her since then.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • For Lisia, I've only conpleted 3 contests, those beung Cleverness, Coolness, and I believe Cuteness, and I haven't seen her since finishing the Cool one with my Cosplay Pikachu. Which is very disappointing to me, as I love good tidbits of random storyline. I liked the progression between her and Chaz and my character, and I've even seen Chaz and Macherie a couple times in contests, but where is Lisia and Ali? Also, is there more story when you finish all the segments....?
    As for Aarune, he was pretty neat. I like Secret Bases so I didn't mind him, plus I tend to feed off others' excitement and appearantly game characters count too. XD I've seen him in Fortree a couple times and don't mind talking to him, the only thing I didn't like was how he forced me to temporarily use that secret base as a default. I already have a base I use in every Hoenn game, outside of Lilycove in a Bush near Regi....steel? with a small lake, grass, and berry soil. :3 but for a while my base was set as that for others to see. >.> I still think it was pretty nice to see that randomly generous NPC was given a bigger part. :3

But seriously does Lisia and Chaz have any more storyline? ._.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Wow... I didn't think that people disliked Lisia so much :( I thought she was cute and a nice new addition to integrate contests into the story more instead of them just being "there." I think Aarune was also nice, he made secret bases more of a thing especially now that they're more prominent with Streetpass and all.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I really don't like how little they are integrated into the story. I mean, during the months leading up to the release of the game, I really thought they would be a bigger part of the story. Their designs and concept are really great. However, they only seem to be part of what they represent. I don't even use those much so I can't see them often. Sad.

Years
  • I thought it was a nice change of pace. Lisia was a bit on the annoying side, but not that much of an issue in my opinion. Aarune did his job; secret bases were drastically altered, so it was good for them to bring in a new 'expert' to go along with it. Fit perfectly.

Wouldn't have cared if they didn't exist, either. Just nice, fun, generally irrelevant additions to the game.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Wouldn't have cared if they didn't exist, either. Just nice, fun, generally irrelevant additions to the game.

This is why I am not really fond of both. They add almost practically nothing to the game. Plus, they had a special thing for them when they were revealed. I thought it was M-Flygon confirmation

Back