• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Little Busters!

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    Hi! I was just wondering if there were any Little Busters! fans around here. It was a 2 cour anime that aired Oct 2012 - Apr 2013 with a second season called Refrain airing during the last Fall season. It's based on a Visual Novel by Key, the same people who made Clannad, Kanon, and Air, and it's my favorite series of all time.

Here's the synopsis from MAL:
    MyAnimeList said:
    When tragedy struck Riki Naoe as a child, he was rescued from grief over his parents' deaths when four other kids "recruited" him for their group—the "Little Busters." Now in high school, Riki and the other Busters are still fast friends, and though their vision of being heroes for justice may have faded, they'd still do anything for each other. Which is why Riki is now on TWO special missions. The not so secret one: recruiting new members so the Busters can form a baseball team. Preferably FEMALE recruits, as the current dude/babe ratio is an inconvenient 4 to 1. The OTHER mission, though... That's the strange one. Because Riki and Rin, the group's singular girl, are receiving odd messages, delivered by cats, concerning the existence of a "secret world" and assigning them tasks they have to complete. Were their youthful dreams of being crusaders not so fanciful after all? Or is there something even more vital at stake? Between steeling his courage to talk to girls, dealing with his own narcolepsy and facing his feelings concerning Rin, Riki may just need the strength of a superhero to solve the ultimate mystery of the Little Busters!

It currently has an OVA series coming out too, which is covering three extra routes from EX, and expansion of the original VN.

If you haven't watched it, please give it a try! The first season isn't AMAZING but the second season is what redeems itself!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • This one's a must watch in my list. Although not really high on my priority list tbh and that's why I'm not really downloading it like right now. :p But I'll definitely get to it eventually. Heard REALLY good stuff about the second season.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Oh no! Little Busters! It's bringing all the feels back--GAAAH!

But seriously this anime was great, both seasons. Like all of Key's works that I've seen, it really tugged at les heartstrings until the very end.

Oh, I haven't seen the OVA though. I should get around to that.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Wow, I haven't heard of this before. Maybe I'll try to give it a go when I'm done with what I'm watching right now :) Been looking for something that's good.

Back