• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Little things that annoy?

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Fourth Gen Pokemon aren't that good; Most look bad, play bad, and sound bad. There are exceptions, like a few legends, and previous-generation evolutions (Eletrivire!!!)

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    hahah yeah i hate pika too, they build up a huge rep for it to be the best poek evur (ash's uberchu) then make it hard to get ex. pikachu in RB, ugh all i find r weedles!!! adn then the kids find out it sucks, at least now its easy to catch but it dissopoints little kids knowing uberchus are impossible to get w/o AR...

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I also hated the playable DP girl just because of her clothes. Comparing both hats, the boy's definitely better IMO.

The fact that the pixie trio shares the same type. I wouldn't mind if they all had different second types. Mew copycats.

The DP dex. They don't have a colour option in the Search function to search unobtained Pokémon.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    'Clone' Pokemon. Like Beautifly being similar to Butterfree - I'd rather have something different instead of wasting numbers...

Also, all this talk about IVs and EVs. Pokemon have became nothing but objects for destruction and bragging.

MegaMushroom07

Animal Crossing Most-Wanted
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    Pokemon have always been used for destruction and bragging.

Well, no. You don't use something to brag, you use something to do something which you can brag about.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Yes, but when people choose Pokemon they don't even like just to defeat someone is very annoying to me. I don't see the point in soft-resetting for natures, HP etc. My Pokemon have done well in-game and over wi-fi so far, and I don't EV and IV.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    2. Word to Itachi. Wobbuffet with lipstick. Lol whut?

It's female Wobbuffet's D/P sprite. Some genius decided to put freakin' lipsticks on it. >.<

Aaaand...I've got to agree that that is the most disturbing thing I've ever witnessed in a pokémon game. o.o

Also, male Gengar's sprite in D/P. I'm sorry, but the positioning of that tail...am I the only one who misinterpreted that one? x.O

Finally, Pidgeot's Emerald animation. Seriously, it looks like some ten-year old's first attempt at a Flash animation. xP

Years
    One thing that annoys me is how such a large percentage of legendaries are Psychic type. I don't know much about the D/P legendaries, but there are certainly enough Psychic-type legendaries in the first three generations. Are they implying that this type is "superior" to other types?

Another thing that annoys me is how Charmander and Cyndaquil (and their evolved forms) have the same base stats. The only major differences I see are their first evolution levels (16/14) and their slightly different movesets. It's bad enough that they're the same type (Charizard excluded, since it has a Flying element), but do they have to have the same base stats and practically the same movesets as well?
    I guess the fact that they're in different breeding groups adds a bit of variety, but still, two Fire-type starters with identical base stats is a bit much.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    It's female Wobbuffet's D/P sprite. Some genius decided to put freakin' lipsticks on it. >.<

I know. I just use "lol whut" as an alternative to a WTF moment. XD It's probably not the correct way to use the phrase, but it still gets across the same tone of, "Wow, what just happened here?"

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    You know what really anooyed me in D/P? I'm in the Battle Tower one fight away from the Tower Tycoon and the only Pokemon I have left is my Empoleon. Then the trainer springs a Parasect with Dry Skin on me, and I didn't have any moves besides Water on it. That just added to how much I really hate it.

Insomnium

♥ ~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    Most of the new 4th generation pokemon annoy me. It seems like they're running out of ideas. {I love Gastrodon, though! =D}

Also, the IV & EV thing seems kinda silly.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Yes, I haven't got a problem with people using them, it's just when people dis other people's Pokemon for having so many EVs etc...

Another annoyance is when a trainer gets the ! over their head, then waits 5 seconds before they approach you...

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Another annoyance is when a trainer gets the ! over their head, then waits 5 seconds before they approach you...

Oi! Agreed. I swear it wasn't that way back in RSE and before. Why they decided to add that neat little feature in DP is beyond me.

Oh, and another thing to add to the list of things that annoy me: moments when the game is "saving a lot of data." Back in RBY to FrLg, if you caught a Pokemon or passed a milestone in the game, the wait time was always the same when you saved. Now, after you hit a milestone, if you're running low on battery and don't have the charger handy, your milestone is as good as gone. Otherwise, you can set the game down, get up, go to the bathroom, maybe make a sandwich, come back, and it'll just get off the save screen.

Back