• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Live-Action "Bleach" movie adaptation: Do it

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'd actually like to see this happen, as long as they don't pull a Death Note, and decide to change it's genre, plot, and character names. :/ That's what's rumored about the DN movie anyhoo, since they wanna make it similar to an American horror flim. Ew. If they go through with Bleach, I hope they at least give it decent actors, and keep the character names.

I'm worried about them changing it too much, because if they do it'll defeat the purpose.

Years
    I honestly don't care about Bleach, but live adaptations are usually bad. Case in point: Dragonball. I'm not really a fan of Dragonball either, but when I saw the live adaptation it was painful for all the reasons Drew mentions.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm definitely not looking forward to this.
    99% chance I'll watch it anyway. xD

I actually would be slightly okay with it if they changed the names.
    Because, quite frankly, the idea of to hearing American actors pronounce "Ichigo Kurosaki" or "Rukia Kuchiki" just makes me dread the fate of my ear drums.

Who else can't wait for bad CG?! :DD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Why do people make bad movies based off of bad anime?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Like Vernikova said I hope it's going to be about his mother. I don't want to see him kill Aizen in the movie.

Why do people make bad movies based off of bad anime?

Bad movies, majority of them. Bad anime? I guess it was after the first season.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    Americans acting as Japanese people??? Oh no. If they can get the looks right in this movie with decent actors, hey, I may watch it.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I might watch it, but I'm not really looking forward to it since I left the Bleach fandom and I am definetely not a live action fanatic.

Let's just see if it's okay though.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    The one manga I know that ended up being well adapted to movie is 20th Century Boys, but there's no magic nor swordsmen fighting there.

Living Desert

Lock up your daughters...
    Years
    It's Dragon Ball Evolution all over again.

I agree, considering that this is the most appropriate title if they ever decide to produce a sequel film for the DB evolution series:

"Dragonball Z EVOLUTION: Exactly 1.75 Hours Of Film Showcasing A Terribly Uncool On-Screen Version Of Vegeta And Some Poorly Woven-In Side Crap About A Planet Named Namek, All Culminating In The Inevitably Contrived Battle Between The New Guy Playing Goku And Frieza, An Intergalactic Overlord/Drag Queen. 20th Century Fox Accepts No Responsibility For It's Arrogant Attempt At Profitiing Off What Is Clearly Going To Be A Piece of Janemba Terd Adaptation, Or Any Shame Said Flick May Bring to The Original Anime TV Series And It's Faithful Following. FAIL FAIL FAIL HAHAHA wdgaf."

They can pretty much stay as far away from Bleach as possible imo. Anyone have any experience with filing restraining orders?

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Meh whatever. Live Action Bleach? Bring it. If they get good actors, I'll support it whether they look like the characters or not just like The Last Airbender. I guess It'll be kind of hard to act with what's supported so far, most of the characters don't really have much to them honestly.

And IMO, DBE was a decent movie, when it's NOT compared to the thing it was suppose to be based off of. Chun-Li was just a bad movie all together, related to series base or not.

Last edited:

~Sage_Trainer~

Sage Trainer
    Years
    See, if they can stay true enough to the story and not change too much (better, anything) I'll love it. I watched DBE and it was good, except it was supposed to be based off of Dragonball...

If Dragonball the manga had never existed, it might've been a good movie.

Now, if they don't end up doing a Dragonball Evolution with this, I'll be happy.

Zet

Years
    Back