• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Living National Pokedex for ORAS

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    For those that have completed a living national pokedex, will you be transferring over your pokemon to ORAS?

I personally will be very early on, just so I can obtain a shiny charm early on and dedicate more time to finding shiny pokemon throughout the game.

I personally don't plan on using any of the transferred pokemon for the story or battles, as I plan on building my team from scratch using solely pokemon available in game.

Also, once I transfer over my pokemon to ORAS, can i transfer them back to x & y?

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    Still working on my living national Pokedex, but yes, I'll probably transfer a bunch of them over using the Pokebank near the start of the game for the same reason.

I'm sure you can transfer them back easily to X & Y, either through trading, or using the Pokebank (the faster option).

Years
    When I will finish the game first, I'll try to complete the national dex as soon as I can. I can always hunt for shinies in Pokemon X though, I have the shiny charm there.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Actually if it works like XY the more pokemon you catched the more chance you will get a critical capture.

Years
    Yes, I will complete the Pokedex on the first day, if that's possible :P

PS. I completed the Pokedex on July 11 too :O

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I tried to complete the Pokedex in XY but stopped as I got too busy and a little bored honestly. I will probably try to complete it in ORAS though, since it's my favorite game and it seems fitting to have everything caught in a game I love. I also have a lot of fully evolved Pokemon I want to transfer to ORAS that I didn't have in XY, so it will also probably be a lot easier.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    You can't obtain the Shiny Charm in XY until you've beaten the game as far as I know? So yeah, assuming it's the same there's no hurry in transferring all your Pokemon over

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    You can't obtain the Shiny Charm in XY until you've beaten the game as far as I know? So yeah, assuming it's the same there's no hurry in transferring all your Pokemon over

damn, i never thought of this. your absolutely right. you can't get the shiny charm until you get the national dex which is only unlocked after defeating the elite four.........

isael-21

Just a computer guy
    Years
    I wanted to, but looking at all of the Pokemon I need to complete it in X...

For those that have completed a living national pokedex

Oh... xD

I'm still stuck in X's Pokedex completion. It sucks to see the impossible trades on the GTS.

This is my punishment for all the bad things I've done T_T

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I'm planning on starting my living Pokédex once OR/AS comes out. I was too busy breeding and doing competitive on XY. I'm only planning to transfer the ones that are unobtainable in the new games though.

Back