• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Living things that are not pokemon

Simon Science

Scientist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2015
    This idea came into my mind when i was looking at threads.What things in the pokemon world that we know for a fact is NOT pokemon? Here i wil only cite examples from the games even if i would like some comments showing things from the shows and other media.

The Humans:
    Possible pokemon too, but without more evidence seperating the two, they should still be considered seperate entities.
    Pokerus; Quote from nurse joy:"Your Pokémon appear to have tiny life forms stuck to them."
    Seafood creatures: see the shoal shell item
    Mushrooms: See tiny, big and balm mushroom items
    Decomposition bacteria: Because you can turn berries in to mulch som sort of decomposition must occur.

Holy shiz the plants
    We get to the good part:
    Grass(the plant not type):Not pokemon, and is alive. includes side grasses like flowers and ext.
    All of the berries: Probably some of the best examples of living things not pokemon. They are evrywhere, and the are alive.
    Apricorn:Also alive plant things
    The trees: came into my mine a bit late, but all the trees are still something alive that isint pokemon.
    the algee: In ORAS, when you dive underwater you can see algee, and thats alive, and not a pokemon.
    The moss:Glitering cave desc:Lose all sense of direction as you wander through this cave, where Luminous Moss glows emerald green.
    Wheat in some shape or form: yes somehow they need grain to create pasteries in some shape or form.
    Medicinal herbs: Self explanatory
    Watermelons: Look at berry juice item, thats clearly a watermelon
    lemons: lemonade exists
    Tea: tea as a drink exist and thus tea plants are a thing

last but not least; Stuff i could not find specific species to:
    Miracle seed, absorb bulb, big root, all come from some kind of plant but never describes what plant.

Hope you enjoyed!

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
    This idea came into my mind when i was looking at threads.What things in the pokemon world that we know for a fact is NOT pokemon? Here i wil only cite examples from the games even if i would like some comments showing things from the shows and other media.

The Humans:
    Possible pokemon too, but without more evidence seperating the two, they should still be considered seperate entities.
    Pokerus; Quote from nurse joy:"Your Pokémon appear to have tiny life forms stuck to them."
    Seafood creatures: see the shoal shell item
    Mushrooms: See tiny, big and balm mushroom items
    Decomposition bacteria: Because you can turn berries in to mulch som sort of decomposition must occur.

Holy shiz the plants
    We get to the good part:
    Grass(the plant not type):Not pokemon, and is alive. includes side grasses like flowers and ext.
    All of the berries: Probably some of the best examples of living things not pokemon. They are evrywhere, and the are alive.
    Apricorn:Also alive plant things
    The trees: came into my mine a bit late, but all the trees are still something alive that isint pokemon.
    the algee: In ORAS, when you dive underwater you can see algee, and thats alive, and not a pokemon.
    The moss:Glitering cave desc:Lose all sense of direction as you wander through this cave, where Luminous Moss glows emerald green.
    Wheat in some shape or form: yes somehow they need grain to create pasteries in some shape or form.
    Medicinal herbs: Self explanatory
    Watermelons: Look at berry juice item, thats clearly a watermelon
    lemons: lemonade exists
    Tea: tea as a drink exist and thus tea plants are a thing

last but not least; Stuff i could not find specific species to:
    Miracle seed, absorb bulb, big root, all come from some kind of plant but never describes what plant.

Hope you enjoyed!

Don't forget the Indian elephants!

Years
    It's suggested several times, especially in Generation 4, that humans evolved from Pokémon and that Darwin evolution makes all Pokémon related to different extents with Mew as a common ancestor to most modern Pokémon and one ancient bird Pokémon from Generation 5 as the as the ancestor to all other bird Pokémon. I suppose it's also possible that all forms of life evolved from Pokémon. Sunflowers, for example, could have evolved from the Pokémon, Sunflora. All fungi could have evolved from fungi Pokémon. The existence of Aura in "every living creature" could be remnants of the Pokémon ancestry that all non-Pokémon living creatures posses; perhaps the Aura diminished in as certain Pokémon evolved until they were shadows of their former selves, losing what defined them as Pokémon: their powers, abilities and types.

Years
    A question I have that may pertain to this topic:

Does anybody in the Pokemon world eat meat? If so, it must be either pokemon meat (Slowpoke Tail?) or human meat. There are probably a lot of vegetarians running around.

Years
    A question I have that may pertain to this topic:

Does anybody in the Pokemon world eat meat? If so, it must be either pokemon meat (Slowpoke Tail?) or human meat. There are probably a lot of vegetarians running around.

They consume Milktank's milk, but it's possible that they also have plant milk. Slowpoke tails are considered delicious and that's a plot point in Generation 2. There's actually a lot of references to Pokémon as food throughout the main canon games in Pokédex entries, random dialogue and stories. A myth in Sinnoh is that ancient humans would pick clean the bones of Pokémon they ate and then return the bones to where the Pokémon was found so that it could reincarnate. There's something about a guy with a sword who would slay Pokémon and eat them as well. Some Pokémon are implied to eat other Pokémon as well as humans given the chance. This sort of information largely goes ignored in the anime with a few rare exceptions in the original series where these was a fantasy scene depicting a sliced and cooked Magikarp on a dish and references to Farfetch'd being endangered because they're hunted for their meat by humans.

Back