• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LMG Web Design

.LMG.

Yeah! Custom User Title!
Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    Well this is my site. I'm going to be a web designer when am older so I want to get used to designing. I'm designing free layouts so just contact me. (Not that this site is not complete. I just want to here if the design is good or not)
    PLEASE RATE (I give it a 7/10)

Link In Sig

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • The layout is really smooth, sleek; attractive. Looks all futuristic. <3 It would look better if the gradient in the background was fixed imo, that's just me. You have... no content at all though. ._.

.LMG.

Yeah! Custom User Title!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    The layout is really smooth, sleek; attractive. Looks all futuristic. <3 It would look better if the gradient in the background was fixed imo, that's just me. You have... no content at all though. ._.
    thanks for the tip and yeah i dont have time to finish it right now

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • OK, I'm inferring from your post, and your lack of content, that you just want comments about your layout.

It's very sleek and aesthetically appealing. From a design point-of-view, it looks quite spectacular. However, why is the text an image?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Why is your content an image? Why are you actively depriving the possibility of visitors being able to ctrl-f, resizing your text, being able to choose a font, and making accessibility a nightmare for them?

Javascript menus for your hover-overs? Why? In my experience, most of the sites that "require" Javascript are just being lazy. There's no reason you should NEED my browser to support JS solely to do some cute animation or load CSS or display static content. Most of the problems could be solved by putting something useful in the original page source and then changing it with JS when necessary, rather than filling in empty space with JS. We managed static sites just fine ten years ago without any Javascript at all; I don't see why we need it now.

Granted, if you have some cool doodad that simply cannot work without client-side scripting, then by all means use Javascript all you want. But keep in mind that not everyone has it for one reason or another, and even Google Maps works without it.

.LMG.

Yeah! Custom User Title!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    Why is your content an image? Why are you actively depriving the possibility of visitors being able to ctrl-f, resizing your text, being able to choose a font, and making accessibility a nightmare for them?

Javascript menus for your hover-overs? Why? In my experience, most of the sites that "require" Javascript are just being lazy. There's no reason you should NEED my browser to support JS solely to do some cute animation or load CSS or display static content. Most of the problems could be solved by putting something useful in the original page source and then changing it with JS when necessary, rather than filling in empty space with JS. We managed static sites just fine ten years ago without any Javascript at all; I don't see why we need it now.

Granted, if you have some cool doodad that simply cannot work without client-side scripting, then by all means use Javascript all you want. But keep in mind that not everyone has it for one reason or another, and even Google Maps works without it.
    ok ill try and change the navigation if its that bad
    and the text is a picture because it was just a temporary thing. im planning on changing the layout soon an try to look more professional.

(reason for the name: its soon to be my web design company.)
    (And there are alot of cons on this page because im only 15 and just started to learn all of this)

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Not really a fan of the hover, CSS/Javascript or otherwise, I think it's just ugly. The basic layout looks alright, although it looks like you just got lazy with the .PSD so you left the text as an image. Also, I don't understand why your CSS isn't all in the same location? Also, not really a problem, but using <strong> tags should be for text you want to be stressed, as it might be rendered differently in some browsers. Same goes for <em> over <i>, it might be rendered differently, and as such, you should use them sparingly. And even still, you could just add "font-weight: bold;" to whatever class or id you may be defining. Just helping you out for later designs.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • The gradients are choppy, the heading/navigation font feels juvenile and inappropriate for a professional site, and the layout itself is very generic. The large gap between page heading and text area is not aesthetically pleasing. In addition, your copyright text either uses default font or Times; either way, it does not suit the rest of the site.

Back