• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Lobby] Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Introduction

Welcome to Hogwarts! In a moment, you will enter through this door and join your classmates. But before you can take your seat you must be sorted into your houses. These are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now, while you're here your houses will be your family. Any achievements will earn you points, any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will be awarded the house cup.
    - Minerva McGonagall, Head of Gryffindor House

Welcome to this Harry-Potter based, Mafia game organized by me! If you are familiar with mafia games, then good for you. If not, then do not worry. I will tell you how to struggle in this game. Although heavily based on a mafia game, this game is also heavily modified to fit the Hogwarts topic. Enjoy yourself.

Game Overview

This game is based on mafia, which have roots in EpicMafia. In this game, forum members will play as one of the following roles:

Headmaster (Albus Dumbledore) - will be the one to make the final decisions and approve decisions from both sides of the game. Each side will have a "leader" that must report to the headmaster the final decision of their side. The headmaster will be me.

Staff and Students - this consists of the staff members and students. House masters fall into this category. The people in this role are the ones who will vote to see who will be jailed and executed.

Voldemort's Followers - people in this role can be anyone. Those who play in this role are still like staff and students, except that during nighttime they will have a meeting of who will be murdered. They should do their best to act as regular staff and students as possible.

Game Phases

There will be 4 phases in this game. Each phase will be described below:

• Sign-up - this is the phase of when members who want to join shall post here to say that they do. Sign-ups will be finished once the headmaster thinks that it's time. To those who want to join, they must have this word somewhere in their post: Accio. Failure to do, and your sign-up will be ignored.

• Role Configuration - in this phase the headmaster will confirm the members who have joined. Once confirmed, roles will be handed out via PM. Be careful on making your role secret. Only select staff and select students will be named. Others will be students, normal students. The 4 house masters will be revealed and cannot be jailed, murdered, or executed.

• Start - in this phase, the game starts. This will be split into 2 main-phases: Daytime and Nighttime. After daytime and nighttime has finished, it will be considered a "day".

Daytime

- this time, the sun will be in the sky. It will be bright outside. It has 2 other sub-phases:

• Morning - the start of the day. During this time everyone must go to their respective classes. No-one should post in this thread, because that will be considered "loitering in the halls" and is a suspicious act. Prefects and house masters can post in the thread during this time.
    • Afternoon - during this time, you can post in this thread to discuss who should be jailed and/or executed. If there are any "suspicious act" that happened during either in the morning or the night, house masters shall also discuss what should be done to the person jailed.

Nighttime

- this time, the sun will be down. It will be dark outside. It has 2 other sub-phases:

• Evening - the discussions in the afternoon shall be continued. Also, at this time evil staff and students shall also start voting on who to be murdered. They should not post in here other than voting on who to jail and/or execute as students and staff. Evil staff and students must have a way of communication for their evil-doings.
    • Night - Everyone will be asleep. Anyone who posts here shall be jailed as that will be considered as a suspicious act. The leader of evil staff and students should submit to the headmaster the person who is murdered.

Status

- there are 5 statuses in this game.

• Normal - those who are in perfect condition.
    • Jailed - those who are jailed can post here and say that they did nothing wrong to prove themselves.
    • Executed - people who are jailed are the only persons that can be executed. They will be executed because they have been proven guilty. Innocent executed people will be highlighted in green and those who are guilty will be highlighted in red. Those who are executed cannot post in this game anymore.
    • Murdered - these are the people who are murdered by Voldemort's followers. Their names will be highlighted in blue. Those murdered cannot post in this game anymore.
    • Petrified - petrified people cannot post in the thread for 2 days (2 complete daytime and nighttime cycles, not literal days). Their names will be highlighted in grey.
    • Victory - will be achieved if the following conditions are met:
    For staff and students - all evil staff and students, revealed and unrevealed, are either jailed, executed, or murdered.
    For evil staff and students - if unrevealed staff are either executed or murdered.

The headmaster will be the one to announce if either one of the conditions are met.

Game Roles

These are the roles that will be given to the players. Only a few will be revealed.

Staff and Students
    Spoiler:

Voldemort's Followers
    Spoiler:

Rules

1. Please abide in the OT rules and PC rules.
    2. No godmodding.
    3. No flaming of any sorts.
    4. Read the OP frequently. It may help you during the game.
    5. Never cheat.
    6. Never give out your identity. The headmaster will be the one to do that.
    7. Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Accio Wand!

Mhmm, I would love to join~
    Added, thanks for joining! Sammy knows how to use Accio spell, as well. Very impressive!
    Add me as well. If PPG fails, at least we got this :3

also, your thread output looks a lot like mine >:[
    Ah, ah, ah! You're forgetting a little bit of detail.

And I never did noticed that. xD Sorry.

EDIT: After a bit of consideration, I've decided that Filius Flitwick and Pomona Sprout's role are now optional. Although, keep an eye out as the headmaster might "hire" someone to be them.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Accio win.

There you go Zevran.
    Thank you very much. Nostalgic. I also committed this when I first signed up for PPG. xD I hope you become active! ^^;

EDIT: Gregory Goyle's position is now optional, as well
    EDIT2: Also is Rubeus Haggrid.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    ?How do we get our parts?
    It will be PM'd to you by the headmaster once the sign-ups are finished.
    Accio!

Might as well participate here as well. :3
    THANK YOU! ^^;
    Accio! I would let to join please! However I'm sorta new to this kind of games. But I'm a huge Harry Potter fan! Can someone assist me? ^^
    Don't worry, its just an easy game! Thanks for joining! ^^;

NOTE: If the headmaster orders you to do something, you must follow!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Accio I heard you like mudkips?

Yeah... that means sign me up, or I'll Avada Kedavra your ass :D

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Status
    Not open for further replies.