• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Local Tourism!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Obviously, you don't have to divulge this if you aren't comfortable. What kind of things, places, and spectacles attract tourism in your area?

I took the train for my last birthday and saw the White House and Ford's Theater. (which was completely free)!

Years
Grandfather mountain, the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Smoky Mountains can all be accessed via my state- so people come to hike, and take road trips through the national parks to see the mountains and waterfalls, and rent cabins in the woods, especially in autumn when the leaves are turning red and gold. On the coast there also beaches, not the biggest ones, but that's also the attraction- they are the more intimate getaways. The Indigenous Cherokee people also operate villages and museums where visitors can learn about history and their cultural traditions. Another stop is the Nascar Hall of Fame, if you like racing, and the Biltmore Estate for those who want to see antiques and art collections from the Gilded Age.

Years
Depends on how you define "my area." There's an aquarium, a zoo, a zoo that calls itself a wildlife park, a chocolaterie, an apiary and multiple beaches and vinyards all within like 30-60 minutes of me.

Days
Very nice topic @Zeostar !!

In the city where I live, there's accessible National Tiger Reserve and Wildlife Sanctuary, which lies in outskirts of the city, as it's dense forest range there. The difference in weather is clearly noticeable there, as currently the weather here is 38 degree Celsius, but when we go there, then temperature drops around 20 degrees. In rainy days, it's foggy there and gives a nice secluded forest vibes.

Years
A lot of parks and lakes. Majority of the province is nature.
Also, some cruise ships dock in Halifax.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Probably one of the biggest draws here is North America's largest shopping mall.

There's a ton more here though, including a conservatory, a Japanese garden, tons of events and conventions, concerts, sports teams, and loads of shopping and food.

Years
These sort of sights:
Spoiler:

Not an actual photo of where I live specifically, but like... I could definitely take one when Tulip season rolls around again.

Years
The bell tower, Perth mint (a place that manufactures and sells coins), King's Park which is a massive park with a lot of local flora, Elizabeth Quay, Perth zoo, Rottnest Island where you can see quokkas... lots of things. I love the selection despite this city being pretty small compared to others!

Back