• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Location, Location

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In the main games, we have gone through around six regions so far--Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and last, but not least, Kalos. They're all consisted of various towns, cities, and routes.

Of the regions that we have gotten to explore so far, which would we consider to be the most memorable, and why? Which region is our personal favorite, and of all its locations, which would we say we're more fond of?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    My most memorable region is Hoenn!

I've just had so many memories with the region...it's the same generation where I've made my two best friends IRL, and we've had so much fun with link cable battles and all! Not to mentiom the addition of the Battle Frontier in Emerald made things even more fun and interesting. This is the region where I've started makimg great friendships that last, so I'll never forget those memories.

Your answer was lovely :)

Years
  • Unova for me, because it's just got so much that I connect with.

It has really cool-looking Pokemon, the best team of Gym Leaders, the best Elite Four, and some of the most unique and mysterious characters in the series, not to mention extremely picturesque locations. I recall the very first time I played Black & White and it was just an amazing experience.

Years
  • Johto is my favorite. I have the most memories associated with it, even though my first Pokemon games were Red and Blue. I just love the overall region, the gyms, Pokemon designs, etc. What's not to love about Johto honestly.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • The bizarre part of this is that my favorite region use to be my hands down least favorite; Hoenn. Back when I originally tried to get into Emerald version (both attempts failed around the same point), a large contribution to my disliking of the game came from disliking the region. It felt oddly, almost confusingly, laid out... and I thought it looked kind of bland. That said, I gave up on Emerald, both times, around the third or fourth Gym, and later learned I had not seen ANY of what made Hoenn special.

So... I tried Alpha Sapphire. It was completely updated, had the new 3D graphics, had access to all the Pokemon and new Megas... I figured if I was EVER going to like Hoenn, it'd be now. Played through Alpha Sapphire, wasn't... the most in love with it up to about the third gym, and then after that point it not only became my favorite game in the series, but Hoenn became my favorite region. The fact that I played Platinum before I played Emerald likely did not help my original impression of Hoenn, as I personally despise the GBA's graphics and the game felt very limited by comparison. The remakes were what I needed to open my eyes to how beautiful, and memorable, Hoenn actually is.

My least favorite... either Unova or Johto. Unova for the simple fact that, while it has some really interesting locations and I LOVE the chasm... the actual layout is incredibly uninspired and boring (it's just an oval.) The pacing also did not help... Johto, on the other hand, just kind of feels... boring. It's funny, because Johto was the first region I ever experienced, but when I finally got to see more of Kanto I realized how... samey Johto was to it, and since I don't really find Kanto all that interesting either... Johto just feels absolutely bland next to it. It's not bad by any stretch, but it's just not really... good, either.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Definitely Unova! I love how unique everything is. It never gets repetitive, and seeing the seasons in-game made it really come to life for me. :3 Plus with the additions made in BW2, it's one of the biggest regions out there and I always have fun exploring it.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Sinnoh wins it for me. Aside a bunch of nostalgia that goes to that region, I think was an interesting region to explore. It showed many different types of cities and routes. The centered Mt Coronet could not only be entered from many sides, but you had access to the top too, making it reappear in regularly throughout the story line.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    In the main games, we have gone through around six regions so far--Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and last, but not least, Kalos. They're all consisted of various towns, cities, and routes.

Of the regions that we have gotten to explore so far, which would we consider to be the most memorable, and why? Which region is our personal favorite, and of all its locations, which would we say we're more fond of?

I hate you I was gonna create this topic! {XD}

The region that is on top of my favorite list is the Hoenn region, 'a tropical region that is full of adventure' is how I'll describe the said region. Lilycove, Soothopolis, Verdanturf, Fortree are of my favorite cities/town. Additionally I love the diving mechanic as well. :)

Years
  • hoenn because it felt like a real adventure. unova is a close second due to the picturesque locations like hikari said.

Team_green

Roan Blini
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    Johto for me because it reminds me of a new adventure, thats exactly what it was back when gold and silver came out.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Unova for a few reasons. Gen 5 is my fave generation, fave starters, and also I just love exploring Unova. The music was great - especially Driftveil City's theme, and Nimbasa is a fun city with it's little theme park. Some of the best imaginative gyms too, especially in B/W2 with the updates to them. Elesa's gym was my favourite in both games.

Years
  • Hoenn for me, and not just because I've played through Emerald hundreds of times, the ORAS games look even more amazing. There are so many nice places and ideas in the Hoenn region. There are different environments and it's all very well designed. I agree that the Battle Frontier is a very nice addition to the game, definitely making it more memorable and keeping you engaged post E4. It's such a beautiful place.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
    Years
  • I'm definitely a Sinnohbaby.

For one, there's just so much nostalgia associated with the Sinnoh games. To think that in a year, it will be Diamond's 10 year anniversary. It was the game that got me into the Pokemon Franchise full time, and that probably has a lot to do with why I feel so strongly about that region. In my opinion, Dialga and Palkia are the best main story legendaries that there are in the Pokemon games to date. The pokemon in the fourth gen are all original and are by far my favorites out there. Oh, and by far the Hardest Elite Four with Cynthia rounding it out.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • For me it is tied between Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Hoenn because it has so many beautiful routes, cities and the whole tropical feel really makes it stand out from the rest. It also introduced so many awesome Pokemon that make up a good majority of my overall favourites.

Sinnoh is also one of my favourites because of how well built up it is. Mt. Coronet connects so many of the main areas of Sinnoh together making the Region so much more accessible. Diamond and Pearl are also the games that felt like a turning point for me in which I really started to grasp a deeper play of Pokemon.

Back