• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen lol is team galactic that dumb?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It makes me wonder; if Pokémon were to suddenly have extremely amazing AI, would everyone complain about it instead?

I for one would actually love it if this happened. I think Platinum already improved this but if in game players were competitive it would be awesome.

warudo.kun!

I see what you did there.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    I never took Team Galactic seriously anyway. I mean seriously. Look at their hair. >_>;

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Unless you've trained ridiculously high or are just grinding it, the game is difficult enough. Think about it; Nintendo still thinks that the largest fanbase for Pokemon is like 8-12 year olds. I know a kid that's like seven who plays Platinum.
    So, to answer the question - Mars isn't supposed to be that hard to beat.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    I never took Team Galactic seriously anyway. I mean seriously. Look at their hair. >_>;

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEIR HAIR IS AMAZING.
    ... I'm kidding, of course.

I dunno. Maybe Mars did what I do; cross her fingers and hoper her karma wasn't bad enough that Bronzong would hit itself. (If I decide to barrel up to the Elite Four without any training after the 8th Gym, I'm typically using the same strategy by the third trainer.)

Or maybe she'd loaned her last Full Restore to Jupiter. Or maybe she actually hates Bronzong as much as the rest of us do and gets a perverse pleasure out of watching hers faint. Or maybe on an unconscious level she wants to see Cyrus's plan fail. Or maybe she was trying to get a Full Restore out of her pocket but couldn't get it out before Bronzong hit itself. (Hey, that dress is pretty skin-tight.)

Hey, everyone else has contributed the answers that use "game mechanics" logic. (Everyone else has contributed the same answers about ten times. ¬.¬) I'll gladly provide the "in the game universe" logic.

Banned
    Years
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEIR HAIR IS AMAZING.
    ... I'm kidding, of course.

I dunno. Maybe Mars did what I do; cross her fingers and hoper her karma wasn't bad enough that Bronzong would hit itself. (If I decide to barrel up to the Elite Four without any training after the 8th Gym, I'm typically using the same strategy by the third trainer.)

Or maybe she'd loaned her last Full Restore to Jupiter. Or maybe she actually hates Bronzong as much as the rest of us do and gets a perverse pleasure out of watching hers faint. Or maybe on an unconscious level she wants to see Cyrus's plan fail. Or maybe she was trying to get a Full Restore out of her pocket but couldn't get it out before Bronzong hit itself. (Hey, that dress is pretty skin-tight.)

Hey, everyone else has contributed the answers that use "game mechanics" logic. (Everyone else has contributed the same answers about ten times. ¬.¬) I'll gladly provide the "in the game universe" logic.
    ahem you get items out of your bag

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    ahem you get items out of your bag

[clears throat with an 'ahem' sound] The protagonists do.

Where, exactly, does Mars haul around a bag? O_o And yes, you're missing Curt's point completely. We're all talking about game logic, and Curt openly says he's talking about in-universe logic. And what do you do? Say '[ahem] You get items out of your bag.' Game logic.

Years
    I have an idea that all trainers, if they have items, can only use them once in every certain amount of turns. For example, the the Pokemon League, they can only use one Full Restore.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Mars is the. um. Red-haired one, right?
    Well yeah, Team Galactic IS that stupid
    (Eterna HQ ftl. Battled them anyway.),
    but I'm not sure if you're being person-specific.

Well, she's not important since she has no
    sprite animation, so I guess she's just meant
    to be a pushover, whose seemingly strong due to
    the (only) 3 pokemon she carries..

I wonder what happens if Mars met competitive online battling
    and EV Training.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I must say that I battled one in Eterna City, and they didn't use their super potion, or whatever potion they have when they were on red.

Maybe they didn't have one but they didn't use it anytime before.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    When designing the game, Nintendo made it so they do not have any type of healing and/or stat boosting items. (Like: Hyper Potions, Full Heals, X Attacks, etc.)

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
    I have an idea that all trainers, if they have items, can only use them once in every certain amount of turns. For example, the the Pokemon League, they can only use one Full Restore.

Nope, on one occaision one of the E4 used 3 Full Restores on me. That was just unlucky I guess, I'm not sure, but they usually only use 2. But this is usually when your pokes are still Level 50-60 when you first go to the Pokemon League, can't always one shot them.

Back