• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Loneliness

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Very curious.

When was the last time you felt lonely?
    How do you cope with the feeling of loneliness?
    What do you do to get out of feeling lonely?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I haven't felt truly lonely in awhile. I mean I'm alone a lot, but I don't have that empty feeling.

But whenever I do feel that loneliness, I'll just listen to music or watch TV. The voices make me feel like someone's there with me. I'll get engrossed in what I'm doing and just sorta forget I'm lonely. It's really the same approach as when I'm stressed out.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I feel lonely very often. I'm a lonely person, really. I don't have a lot of friends and I have trouble making new friends. The only person I really hang out with is my boyfriend, and I am not really quite sure how I would be without him.

Coping with being so lonely is eh...I kinda wish I had a big group of friends sometimes, but I've always been this way. As a kid, I always liked to play alone and found it a hassle having to work/play with others. Though now that I'm older, it does kind of hurt me sometimes. At one point, I literally had no friends to go to and I was depressed and so socially distraught, I couldn't speak to anyone. I went days without uttering a word, if that puts it into perspective for you. So with that, I learned you need to have someone in your life to talk to and enjoy company with, or you end up like that. I can't express how badly I never want to return to that.

To get over loneliness, I pile up my plushies and bury my face in them. v_v They're fuzzy and cute. Or I just play a game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I feel lonely now.How I deal with it, well I dont have a good way of doing that. I feel lonely surrounded by others sometimes. I'll try and distract myself by going online, TV, games and it helps a little, though it dosent make me any less alone.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Uh a few days ago. n_n"
    I dealt with it by telling myself that I don't need those specific people and stuff. It had been a stressful day, which is probably what triggered it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think the last time I was lonely was on Thanksgiving break. I was on campus by myself and my boyfriend was at home which always means he's not online to talk much and I didn't hang out with anyone, I was just alone most of the time. Strangely enough, I dealt with it by talking to my mom. We have the kind of relationship where I can call her and we can talk for 6 hours while we both do other things, and it eased up on the loneliness thing.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I feel lonely surrounded by others sometimes.

This, oh yes. I forgot to mention this. I have social anxiety so when I'm in large crowds, I often feel even more lonely than when I'm just in my room by myself. That makes me upset and nervous and such and it drives me nuts. What I really hate is when I get the courage to say something and try to blend in with the group and be part of it, but I get ignored or something. Then I just assume I'm dumb or something and I just shut everyone out. lol :(

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    This year is lonelier than the last. I spend most of my free time just comparing the previous year with this one. Last year, I was popular. This year, no one notices me. This and that. Every day, I feel lonely for a minimum of two minutes. I think it's because me and my best friends are in different classes.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
  • Sometimes I feel lonely everywhere I go. On deviantART, sort of. But I got a lot of friends and supporters though some never talk, even when I post art.

On here, it's my main reason I think of that. Originally I wanted to make a thread of this on the OVP a few weeks back, lol. But seriously, sometimes I feel like that. Especially when I try talking to people in their profile, they see my page and say nothing. Even at some forum posts, it's the same thing.

On Youtube, it's weird that I got 56 subscribers that do nothing. Also in real life, I'm sometimes by my self in class or lunch. I'm somewhat anti-social, even my sisters say it. No offense to others.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Both my dog and my cat died last week back in Canada with my family. My boyfriend was in Bristol, and so I ended up crying alone. I know I am not truly lonely, but I did feel a sense of loneliness because I wasn't there to see them bury my old pets..

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't recall the last time I was lonely, but I cope with my loneliness by reading books or playing video games.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • I don't really feel all that alone, I have myself to talk to. but sometimes when I see my friends having fun and I can't relate, I just can't help but feel all lonely and stuff.

Cid

Years
  • The last time I felt lonely would probably be a particular weekend in the recent past. I can't actually remember the exact time, but the situation was that I was left alone for like a day in my uncle's house in the city, near where I currently study but very far from the place I call home. That was when my bro left for home after he was done doing stuff near my university. And I had to do stuff for my own welfare, clean around and pick up my own trash, like I was actually expected to from the deal I struck with my parents to live here. But even then, I still felt lonely.

I guess I just easily get into the idea of people always being with me, that the moment I'm left alone, I get depressed. And the only way I know how to cope is to just lie in bed, or keep myself busy. So yeah, I do just that. Get in the internet, play a video game, read a good book, do school work, etc. Or sometimes I just wallow in sadness, but it often doesn't last, I think.

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    I'm a big introvert so it's tough for me to feel lonely. I'd have to say the last time though a couple of weeks ago late at night where no one was around. Sometimes my mind wants to be social at some of the worst times.

Years
  • I feel lonely most times, I know I have my small family, but I still get that empty feeling alot since I don't have any irl friends anymore lol.

I deal with it by reading, or writing all my feelings down or venting through art. It helps a bit, but if that fails I'll just grab a video game or try to start a conversations with my mom O:.

Back