• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Longest songs in your library?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    What are the longest songs in your library? Do you actually listen to them? If so, how many times have you listened to them all the way through?

My longest track is Impossible Soul - Sufjan Stevens @ 25:35. I've only listened to it all the way through twice.

Other long tracks include:
    Duk Koo Kim - Sun Kill Moon @ 14:33
    The Poet and the Pendulum - Nightwish @ 13:55
    Merry Happy - Kate Nash @13:10
    Grandpa's Interview - Neil Young @ 12:58
    To Binge (feat. Little Dragon) - Gorillaz @ 12:54

Ayselipera

The top two longest I have are two Pink Floyd songs, but I don't even listen to them that much at all I haven't even gone through either of those songs a full time. The rest are all classical pieces that range between 14 to 10 minutes which I've listened through many times and then between that I have two MGMT songs that are between 13 and 12 minutes that I've listened till the end tons of times through my phone, but using my library alone it's only been a handful.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Longest one I have is Frances the Mute by The Mars Volta. It's 14:36. The top 5 longest songs in my library are all TMV songs, actually. lol

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The longest song in my library is the suite to the Tapestry of Nations parade that used to run at the EPCOT Center at Walt Disney World. Clocks in at 24 minutes.

After that, some Final Fantasy tunes at 23 and 21 minutes.

Years
  • The longest track that I have in my music library isn't really a song as such but an amateur recording of a live performance by The Edmund Fitzgerald which goes for 36 minutes and 53 seconds. The next two are songs which have 15+ minute gaps of silence between the start and the end (which are "240 Years Before Your Time" off the Black Keys' first album (23:21) and "The Live Artex" by Damn Arms (20:02)).

Not counting those, the longest songs in my library are:

1. "The Diamond Sea" by Sonic Youth - 19:36 (there is an alternate version of this song which goes for longer which I don't have)
    2. "Blaise Bailey Finnegan III" by Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 17:45 (second track off a two-song EP which is 28:36 all up)
    3. "Idylla" by Audiocæneat - 16:14 (more post rock - I'm not a huge fan of the speaking parts of this, but the music is so good)

Whistle A Tune

Keep breathing
    Years
  • Apparently I don't enjoy very long songs.

My two longest are ScheiBe (DJ White Shadow Mugler Remix) by Lady Gaga [9:35] and then All Around the World by Oasis [9:20]. After that they fall down to 6 minutes...lol impressive right?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • The only song that's the longest in my library (double checked a bazillion times lmao) is Anberlin's "*Fin" from the album Cities. It's 8:36. I haven't listened to a song that goes beyond that.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • According to iTunes, the top 4 in terms of longest songs are all Chopin pieces performed by Krystian Zimmerman, and are about 10-15 minutes in length each. While I don't listen to them as often as I do certain other songs on my iPod, they still get listened to relatively infrequently. As far as more modern music goes:

1) Led Zeppelin - Achilles' Last Stand: 10:22 (Listened to once; don't really like the song but am an album completist)
    2) Janelle Monae - BaBopBye Ya: 8:48 (Listened to more and more over the past month, as it's technically taken me this long to see how good it is)
    3) Led Zeppelin - Kashmir: 8:28 (One of my favourite songs ever, so I listen to it a lot)
    4) Fleet Foxes - The Shrine/An Argument: 8:08 (I really like this song; not the best one on the album, but if it comes on shuffle I'll listen to it; I really like the split nature, which certainly makes it deserve its long run-time)
    5) Regina Spektor - Pavlov's Daughter: 7:40 (Honestly, I really need to be in the right frame of mind to listen to this; it's Regina at her most Regina-est and so it takes getting into a certain type of place to really appreciate what she's trying to do with this song)

So, that's about it. Longer songs don't inherently make them unlistenable, but they need to honestly sustain themselves over a their run-time in order to stay in my rotation. Achilles' Last Stand does not; Kashmir very much does!

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
    Years
  • A Glee megamix I downloaded off Youtube. It's around 14 minutes long and it's only part 1 lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have a few DJ sets, symphonies and 1 track albums that clock in at 1+ hours. I got a deadmau5 recording which is 2 hours, lol, but I won't count those.

Goldie - Mother, 60:19.
    One hour of D&B goodness.

Jeremy Soule - Skyrim Atmospheres, 42:34.
    4th CD of the Skyrim OST, it's just background ambience from the game. Listened to it quite a few times recently.

Radio Massacre International - Frozen North IV, 40:15.
    Electronic/ambient.

Miles Davis' album Dark Magus is 4 25 minute long tracks of them just jamming out. If you like Miles then check it out, not many people have heard of it for some strange reason considering Miles' fame.

Then there's just a ton of electronic, soundtrack, classical, post and progressive rock tracks that are around 20 minutes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Delìrium Còrdia by Fantômas, at 1:14:17, is the longest I've had.
    I've not listened through the whole thing, it's unsettling.

The longest I currently have is Jaasta Syntynyt / Varjojen Virta by Moonsorrow, at 30:10, which I've had play in its entirety at times.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • )If I don't include the Drama Tracks (longest: Tales of Symphonia: 32:23 and the D.Gray-man Dinner party 16:21), the album compilation of Princess Monoke OST (1:03:08) and the live recording of the Ocarina Melody Suite (14:26), the longest actual song would be "No way out" (Rurouni Kenshin Movie -13:53). It's quite a boring song, so I kind of skip it all the time.

The next songs are:
    Nyan Nyan Special Service Medly (both with and without vocals) - 12:24/6 [Macross Frontier OST]
    A Grasping Truth - 9:00 [Fire Emblem 10 OST]
    Warriors Suite - 8:25 [Rurouni Kenshin OST]
    Emperor of Eternal Darkness - 7:51 [Õkami OST]

I only listen frequently to the boldend once. I have quite a lot of songs between 6 and 7 minutes long. I listen to most of those when they come up.

Years
  • Manowar - Achilles, Agony and Ecstasy and 8 parts - 28:38
    Dio - Magica Story - 18:26
    Limbonic Art - In Mourning Mystique - 14:41
    Overall 29 (if I counted correctly) songs with over 10 minutes.

I haven't really listened to the first two a lot, but I really like In Mourning Mystique.

Years
  • The longest one I have is Black Spider 2 by Mogwai at 30:27, which I have only listened to a few times. Next is All Imperfect Love Song by World's End Girlfriend at 25:35, which I listen to a bit more. After them come three tracks from Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven by Godspeed You! Black Emperor all over 22 minutes in length. Haven't listened to those in a while.

Then there are several dozen other tracks around 10 to 20 minutes in length. These ones I listen to more since they have a bit more variety. There are also a couple of drama tracks and songs with "secret" songs attached at the ends which have long stretches of nothing between them, but I skipped those from the list.

Years
  • Well '9027 km' by OK Go is the longest "song" in my library at 34:47; I use quotes because it's more like a hidden track (it's the sound of the lead singers girlfriend sleeping). Antistar by Massive Attack is the longest actual song I have at 19:41. I have never listened all the way through either of these.

Pudz

Incredible Edible Vegetarian
    Years
  • Longest songs in your library?

Probably Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I've got lots of DJ mixes, the longest at 2 hours, and ranging between that and like 30 mins. But not including those, the top 3 longest single tracks are:
    Truth (ft. Emily Richards) - Kinetics - 39:40
    All Imperfect Love Song - World's End Girlfriend - 25:35
    Wind II - Geotic - 19:05

They are all very much ambient songs, the first is liquid dnb, but good to chill to. I've listened to Kinetics 3 times according to iTunes (but a shortened version a lot more), Geotic and World's End Girlfriend I have listened to most of a few times, though not a full play though according to iTunes.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • The longest song in my library is an extended version of N's farewell music from Pokémon B/W at 24:25 and I have listened to it 6 times. And the second is an extended Lavender Town music at 11:38 which I have listened to 4 times.

Both are lyricless musics from games, that I have used as background music before.

TY

Longest i got yet is Pendulum: Toxic Shock 8:01
    Some D&B stuff i like

BeliVuk

Pokemon Stadium 64 Player
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2012
    Probably "Suicide" by Frankie Teardrop.

It's probably the creepiest song ever :p

Back