• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Look at this image and answer.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Half full. I try to look on the bright side of life.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I don't think I'd ever use emptiness as a metric in determining the volume of a glass of water. Even if the glass were only filled a third of the way up, I'd always say: "it's a third full" rather than "it's two thirds empty". I guess this ties in with me being a realistic optimist: I'd like things to turn out good, but I know that in certain instances that isn't the case.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
    i only see the water surface..other than that...it's all empty..

i'm neutral person but known as changable from time to time...i leave life to take me wherever it sails..like the sea waves...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    to answer your question, it is half full. But that doesn't mean I am 100% optimistic through and through. In my VERY HONEST OPINION, the glass is half-filled with a liquid. I tend to be a realist at times.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Half Full as I always say on these questions. I always try my best to look on the brighter side of life and can be pretty optimistic when I want to be... most of the time that is xD

Years
    I'm a huge pessimist usually. I only become optimistic when I know things are going to turn out all right... or if I really want them to, so much so I'll delude myself. Wish I could say I was a realist but I'm always too negative about things.

Clearly it is no longer full, but it was when I poured it!
    Oddly, though, I'd consider that glass half full or half empty depending on how I want to say it that day. But probably usually half empty.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I think the majority of people would say half-full, mostly because I think that's a default way of expressing things and "half-empty" just honestly sounds clunky. I usually say it like this: it could be either half-full or half-empty, depending on the progression. If someone was filling it but stopped halfway, it's half-full. If someone was drinking it, but was interrupted halfway, then it's half-empty. In the most pedantic terms possible, it can't be considered "half-full" because it wasn't on the way to becoming more full to begin with. It was trying to become empty by being drunk, and only progressed halfway on the path to becoming empty.
    But, of course, this is not really a way to determine if someone is optimistic or pessimistic. xD

I'm an optimist mostly. I always think how happy I am about my situation and often find things that are fortunate and look forward to good things and try to focus on them. Then even when I'm feeling negative about something, I'm really great at looking at the bright side and finding a positive aspect at something that's mostly negative. This actually really helps at keeping me from having a problem with things.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I say half-full, even though when I was younger I remember saying 'half-empty', and people would always correct me and explain why every time. So I'm not sure if my saying 'half-full' in sincere, or conditioned. >.>;

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
    I can't get myself to think if that glass half full or half empty... i think it depends if someone filled the cup or drank some of it or it just evaporated.... like I said I can't decide

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2016
    Half-empty. That said, I don't think it matters whether a person sees it as half-empty or half-full. It just depends on the person.

I don't view myself as a pessimistic person or an optimistic person, so I figure I'm more neutral than anything else.

Back