• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for a new 3DS but cannot find a good deal.

Years
  • Hey

I am looking to purchase a new 3DS but I can't seem to find a good deal online.

I would prefer the new white 3DS with a game.

Edit: How much difference is there with the new 3DS's?

Can anyone help me out I am in the UK :):3c

Sirfetch’d

Gonna move this on over to VG and see if you can get some help there!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Hey Lynds! How are ya! I'm machomuu, mod of this section. It's a pleasure.

I'm from the US, so I can't help too much in terms of where you can find a good deal.

With that in mind, I can help you figure out which 3DS is for you.

Now, there's the 2DS, the 3DS, and the New 3DS. Here, you seem to be looking for a New 3DS, so that's what I'll go into. Now, there are several things that ultimately make the N3DS different from the other two. These would be:
    • The New 3DS is capable of playing games that are either exclusive to the New 3DS or are SNES games on the Virtual Console.
    • The New 3DS has a C-Nub, essentially a right analog stick but A. doesn't move B. is placed above the buttons. It's worth it if you happen to really need a Right Circle Pad and don't want to have to buy the attachment.
    • The non-XL New 3DS has swappable face plates, so you can customize the outside, aesthetically.
    • The Super Stable 3D works wonderfully in comparison to the average 3DS' 3D- it's really something you need to try to gauge it's worth.
    • It has a stronger CPU, so games installed on it load better, downloads go faster, and the internet app is leaps and bounds better

Is it worth it for all that? Eeeeeeh, that all depends on you. I quite enjoy my N3DS XL, but my 3DS is swamped with games and hacked to do abnormal things. Whether it'll be worth it for you really depends on whether you think you will take advantage of its features.

Though I will note, in terms of New 3DS exclusives, there really aren't enough out now that it would be a decision maker for most.

Hope that helps!

Years
  • Thank you.

I don't know I guess I do like to personalise things so the changeable cover plates are a nice perk for me. But not really a necessity. I guess it doesn't bother me too much about exclusives.

One thing I do like are the amibos but I probably won't use them (trying to be realistic)

I'm looking at the 3DS XL limited editions right now.

pkmin3033

Get a New 3DS; the price difference isn't really substantial and you might as well have the additional features. Plus the New 3DS has Xenoblade Chronicles 3D as an exclusive, and you need to experience that if you haven't already in my opinion and you're a fan of JRPGs.

Anyways. machomuu has already outlined the details in differences, so I'll skip that. Being in the UK myself, I miiight be able to help out. I'd advise against the special edition XLs; they're extremely expensive and most of them don't come with games. In fact, I think only the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Majora's Mask ones do.

GAME have a fairly good deal on right now for a White N3DS XL with three Zelda games and, whilst Triforce Heroes is nothing to write home about, the other two are pretty good. The adaptor is a nice bonus, too. Plus reward card points. If you already shop at GAME, it's a nice bonus.

Amazon UK have a lot of deals on New 3DS bundles, but they're from marketplace sellers and I wouldn't recommend them personally. You can pick up a white New 3DS for about £120 or so, so use that as a base price - it'd be cheaper to get the console and game separately than buying the bundle in most cases.

Honestly, I'd suggest getting a white model if that's what you want and then buying the games separately; it'll work out cheaper. Plus they'll be physical copies rather than digital pre-installs. Generally better.

User Anon 1848

Can't be bothered sourcing but I've read that there's going to be a new handheld console from Nintendo next year. Nintendo NX I believe the working title is? Point is you might wanna hold off until that comes out unless it's going to be a newer version of the wii u instead of a newer DS system. Part of me wonders if they'll try to merge both.

Years
  • I read somewhere it's not going to be a handheld console.

I want to play Pokemon Moon, so next year is not an option for me I'm not patient at all.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Another perk to the new 3DS that I've noticed... is that the 3D itself is much better. It will detect your face or whatever and try to adjust the 3D. On the previous one, the 3D doesn't work as well as it should. So, the 3D on the new 3DS is a huge improvement for Nintendo.

I live in the US myself, so I also can't really offer any results on where to find a cheaper model. :c

Back