• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for a platform game developer.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    I know most games around here are RPGs, but I still figured somebody here would know where I can get one that's freeware. I know the 'Lite' version of Game Maker is free, but what's the point when there's probably another program that has most of the stuff of the Pro version for free? (Just like Sphere vs. RMXP.)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I believe that the best option for you would be Construct. The website has several tutorials, one specifically for creating platform games, so you should be set for developing right away. :P

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Wow, that definitely looks like a winner. I'll be dl'ing it in a bit once I look over the features a little more. Thanks. ^_^

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    This software isn't necisarily for RPG's but can be used for one, is free, and 3D.

Unity 3D

THere is a pro version, but why would you need it, it is great without it.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    You can't go wrong with GM, and why can't you just use lite anyways, if thats an issue buy pro.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • From my past expeirences, with Game Maker and RMXP, I would have to say, just save you up some cash and buy RMXP. I know that freeware is what you desire, but Game Maker? I couldn't quiet understand the concept of it.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • From my past expeirences, with Game Maker and RMXP, I would have to say, just save you up some cash and buy RMXP. I know that freeware is what you desire, but Game Maker? I couldn't quiet understand the concept of it.

lol I'm not sure anyone understands the concept of it... I dont like GM either isn't the proversion of GM $20 anyways, personally that says right there stay away to me. the dll crap is annoying and GM uses a sloppy version of C or C++ all reasons why I stay away.

Try AGM(Action Game Maker) Mady by enterbrain.

Back