• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for a Scanner. Guidance needed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Hi, I'm looking for a cheap scanner that will scan some pencil drawings. What are some cheap scanners that work pretty well and are compatible with a Compaq Presario C500?

shot571

A max price would be nice. How much are you willing to pay?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Yes.

As far as personal drawings go, I should think any scanner will be fine. I've a LiDE 25, goes up to 1200dpi, but I generally leave 200 as enough.

For an example, below's a sketch I did not long ago, scanned at 200dpi.
    It has been cropped and the contrast adjusted, but hasn't been resized. I'd highly recommend having a program that can perform these operations if you haven't already; I use XnView; you can use Photoshop or whatever, but those I find are a bit 'heavy' for doing little things, take a while to start up and there's a lot of windows and so on...
    The scanned image looks better once downsized to proportions realistic for general use, mind, and a higher dpi setting will make a better image.
    (The drawing itself is a bit crap really, but that's since I intend to vector it at some point.)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back