• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Looking for a Specific Hacking Tool (If it even exists)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2015
    Hey all

Hope that this is not a query that has been answered elsewhere. My google-fu was unable to find an answer though.

First off: I am very much a consumer of hacking tools. I know very little about coding and ROMs themselves. But I enjoy playing hacks, using the Randomizer and recently was trying out PPRE. It was during the latter I thought of this again, although it has something I've been curious about before.

My specific query is has there ever been a tool that allows you to replace ALL wild pokemon of one particular species with another. Example: I want to replace all the wild rattata in Soul Silver with mudkip of an equal level and equivalent rarity in each area.

With PPRE this can be done, but the only way I can see how is to individually change each instance of a wild rattata with a mudkip, This can take a while.

I figure there must be a way to do it because the pokemon randomizer has the option to randomize wild pokemon on a global level: so it will change all wild ratata in the rom into another random pokemon. But I want to know if there is a way or tool that can do that specifically rather than randomly. So basically a "Find + Replace" tool. Again, I don't know much about actual coding and such, so if this is simply not possible then that's fine

Much obliged for the assistance :)

Back