• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen looking for advice on EV training

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    hello so its been awhile since ive played any pokemon games what so ever (platinum release) and i was wondering if anyone had any tips for EV training in this generation...it seems like you can fully EV train a pokemon without having it touch a battle through super training..or is there a better way? i would greatly appreciate any feed back and if you guys know anyway i can get a togepi can you let me know i want one for my team

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    There are a lot of good guides to EV training on YouTube. I'm new at it also, so I can't help you much. Pokerus and lucky egg help a ton. Horde battles give out a lot of EV's. Certain pokemon give out certain EV's. Example: weepinbell give attack iv's. So, turn on experience share, get pokerus, and lucky egg. Get a high level pokemon that know surf or earthquake to one shot each of them at the same time. You will be breezing through it. First, breed for good iv's and nature and egg moves, if any. I hope this helps!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    As mentioned, horde battles are really good ways to get EVs, especially if you have PokeRus. It all depends on preference though I guess, some people do prefer Super Training. And if you have some money, I like to buy the vitamins to get that first 200 (100 for each stat in most standard EV sets) out of the way.

Years
    There are a lot of good guides to EV training on YouTube. I'm new at it also, so I can't help you much. Pokerus and lucky egg help a ton. Horde battles give out a lot of EV's. Certain pokemon give out certain EV's. Example: weepinbell give attack iv's. So, turn on experience share, get pokerus, and lucky egg. Get a high level pokemon that know surf or earthquake to one shot each of them at the same time. You will be breezing through it. First, breed for good iv's and nature and egg moves, if any. I hope this helps!

The lucky egg only increases exp. Points earned, all pkmn in your team will have EVs earned if exp.share is on.
    Horde battling is the fastest method. Things you need to know to get the best out of it.
    1. Evolution: in past games and I'm pretty sure the same with x and y, don't EV train a pre evolution unless you plan on never evolving it, you will not get the full stat increase because effort values will be lost on evolution due to the pokemons base stat value changing, so hit up them berry fields and cross mutation til you get all the EV berries or chord reset bags because your gonna wanna wipe the evs clean after you have fully evolved the pokemon you want to EV train
    2. Macho brace: while not the best item it does double the EV's earned ( only for the Pokemon holding it: even with exp. Share on ex. Your facing a horde of wingul. Your team is galvantula holding a macho brace and salamence holding nothing: galvantula will receive 10 speed EV's due to macho brace, however salamencs will only recieve the normal 5 )
    3. Power items: the crown to the set, these guys make EV training a breeze. They will add 4 evs to any amount of EV earned when you knock out a pokemon, sooo you face a horde of win gull with the power anklet on and instead of getting 5 evs you will recieve 25 evs.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Answered, so closed. (I'd argue that Super Training is more fun though, and really just as viable a method as any other, just easier due to the lack of needing to battle).

Try the Q&A thread sticky at the top of this section next time you have a question about the games, please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back