• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for Beta Testers!!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    Hmmm, I hope I'm allowed to post about a non pokemon related game I'm working on. I read through the rules and did not see any prohibition, so hopefully this will be ok.

Moving on, the reason I am requesting assistance from this board is because I am working on a game/site that really appeals to the Pokemon "demographic" per say. What I mean by that is you guys know anime, know gaming, and clearly have experience playing the type of game I'm actually making. The fact that this is a development forum is even better, since you guys will actually understand the process and technical aspects.

So let me cut to the chase. I am building an online game/community. It's like a cross between Neopets, Pokemon, and World Of Warcraft (but a very slight touch) in terms of look and feel. Tough to fathom, I know. It also contains some of the features you'd find on sites like Gaia Online, Roliana, etc, in that users can customize their own avatars and buy/sell/trade items. I'm not even sure whether or not to call it a game or call it a website, since technically its both. Think Gaia with MMORPG elements and pets. My head is spinning trying to explain this... its been a long day.

I need beta testers to give me a hand. There's not all that much required of you, basically just use the site and enjoy it and provide feedback. I have some perks for the beta people, namely when the site goes live you guys get a massive head start, equipment, status, and I'll be selecting my initial staff of moderators from the beta peeps.

If this sounds like something you are interested in, you can sign up at eldynn.com. Basically what I'm doing is compiling a list of people interested in helping so I can tap into it when the beta officially launches. This is a closed beta, so only the people on the list will have access.

Sorry if I'm a little tough to follow right now, I'm tired, hungry (!), and cranky. It's been a long day and I need a little R&R.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    Sure, the link to the sign up is kind of buried up there since i can't post a valid link until i have 15 posts.

So here it is again : eldynn.com

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    You'll be notified when the beta goes live. Right now I'm getting a group together so we have enough people, hence the signup page.

thanks

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2008
    i Signed up! if you would like to know a little testing experience here it is:

Warhammer online
    WoW: Wrath of the lich king (curently playing)
    Age of Conan

As you can see mostly retail games but i would love to test your game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    Right now I have a handful of testers and will probably hold out for a few more. Part of the beta will involve stress testing the server cluster, so I need to be sure I have enough to put some load on the hardware.

Anyone can be a beta tester, no need to ask, just go to the site at eldynn.com and put in your info. thanks guys!

kay3o

B)
    Years
  • i have rpg maker 2003

I laughed really, really hard right there.

Anyway..

But sure dude I'll help Beta Test, It sounds like something I would be interested in. I've played all the games that you've listed, and this sounds like something I'd like.

So yeah I'm up for it.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
    Years
  • i signed up late last night. been a while since i even heard about neo pets. lol but yea didnt liek wow as much though. but ill give ya shot sounds interresting so ya.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    Well, when I said World of Warcraft I meant that in a *very* slight way. I am not building a massive 3d world like WOW. I simply meant that there are MMORPG elements in Eldynn. For instance, one of the main features of the site is a questing system where your character travels throughout the various zones, talks to npcs, battles monsters, other users, etc. But this is all done in 2d from the browser window.

I'm sure there are sites out there like this, I really doubt mine is the first. It's like Gaia Online on steroids. But even when I say that, I'm not comparing myself to the huge staff at Gaia... I'm just saying it has the community and avatar customization and then a whole RPG world on top of that.

It seemed to me to be the missing link from all those types of sites. IE: I buy my Gaia avatar some crazy fire sword... but then what? I can't use it for anything! It just looks cool. With Eldynn, there would be stats attached to that piece of equipment and an actual intrinsic value beyond just looking cool. You could go off and lob some heads off with it. You could melt it down for raw materials to construct something else (yeah theres a forge and a mine and all that good stuff) orrrrr you could just look cool if you really wanted. That's the difference in simple terms.

The site is about 60-70% done. I should have been almost completely done by now (been working on it since March 2008) but I had some setbacks and started to burn out so I ended up taking a break which pushed everything back.

Thanks for all your input guys, I really appreciate the support/help this forum has given me. I haven't checked, but is there a way for me to donate to the forum?

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    Anyone have any experience as a moderator? Will be needing a few...

Basically if you are mature, calm, and logical, you are what I'm looking for.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • I would like to join because Neopets was kick ass.

Also I'd like to try out for moderatorship.
    I've GM'd a Maple Story private server (And ran it), and moderated several forums, and I'd like to think I have the traits you listed

Also, please make sure this has half-decent graphics. As in, don't make it look anything at all like Gaia because that looks like balls.

crzyone9584

Years
  • Anyone have any experience as a moderator? Will be needing a few...

Basically if you are mature, calm, and logical, you are what I'm looking for.

i was a admin on a site that went down a few years back about the xbox and 360. still talk to the creator. was a moderator/support person for itwex free hosting. went down do to lack of funds.

im relax and i dont take sides till i heard both sides.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    Thanks, I'll keep you guys in mind for mods. I'll probably PM you both in a bit so I can ask you some basic questions and get to know your personalities a bit more.

crzyone9584

Years
  • Thanks, I'll keep you guys in mind for mods. I'll probably PM you both in a bit so I can ask you some basic questions and get to know your personalities a bit more.

ok kool. this week is kinda crazy though. alot of things for my school. so if i dont get back to u right away its just cuz im out for my college classes.

Back