• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for Beta Testers!!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    To those asking to be beta testers:

No need to ask at all actually, there is a signup form at eldynn.com

Thanks,
    Joe

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the absence, its been really busy around here.

To answer a few questions:

It's tough to say when the beta will officially begin. Originally I was thinking October 15th, I'll stick to that date for now but more likely itll be closer to the 20th. I'm swamped with school work right now (college doesn't leave much room for anything else) so I'll play it by ear. I'm thinking about launching into beta with a few less features than originally planned and just adding them throughout the beta, that way I can at least have people on the site giving feedback and testing things out.

As for those wishing to help out as moderators, I think this will be a better plan...

Could those seeking to assist as a mod please PM me? It'll make things much easier for me since I'll have you all right in my inbox instead of having to hunt and peck through the thread. The mods will carry the authority on the site. It's very similar to moderating a forum, although I will admit, it's a little more complicated for certain things. For example, disputes over item trades, fair play/cheaters, errors cropping up and all sorts of additional issues will have to be dealt with.

I request that anyone wanting to be interviewed for a moderator position be at least 15/16 years of age. You don't HAVE to be, theres certainly no "cut off", but I don't want to be interviewing people that can barely string a sentence together, hehe. Basically, I'm looking for maturity, intelligence,and individuals that can handle a position of authority and keep their emotions in check.

thanks

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • You're really starting to bother me you know.

I mean, not only is your sig far too large, why haven't you read the thread... or even the post above yours!?

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • I signed up for a beta tester and PM'd you about being a moderator. I think I could make a great mod but that is completely up to you. The game looks great and I cannot wait to try it out.

@ Game Master: Don't you think you can be a bit more patient? If you actually took the time to read the entire thread, then you would have known that he said the beta would be released sometime between October 15-20th. Plus, slim down your sig.

@ Darkness Lugia: Again, this goes with reading the entire post. And this was even answered on the first post, to be exact. Just read the first post and you will see that he tells you to go to a site, sign up with your name and email address, and then confirm your email address. The process takes a simple 3 minutes. Here is the link to the site: eldynn.com

Hope I helped.

Last edited:

Saiya-jin

This Toyshops Goin To War
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    I'll Beta test it, and i'd like to be a Moderator, I fit all your qualifacations

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2008
    I've been making some very nice progress with the site. I'll be sending out a message to the beta testers shortly.

As for the potential mods, I responded to all of your PM's.

The 20th looks like a perfect launch date for the beta. It's a Monday and allows me to get that full weekend in and do what I have to. I hate giving out exact dates since I really don't like keeping people waiting or disappointed.

Don't get all hyped up or hold me to anything. In fact, treat me like I'm another vaporware pusher who comes through promising everything and delivering on nothing. Hehe, the less pressure the better as far as I'm concerned. This is all for fun for me. It's my passion and a challenge that I'm having a lot of fun producing. But the last thing I want is for it to become a chore or another "job".

Thanks guys

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • I've been making some very nice progress with the site. I'll be sending out a message to the beta testers shortly.

As for the potential mods, I responded to all of your PM's.

The 20th looks like a perfect launch date for the beta. It's a Monday and allows me to get that full weekend in and do what I have to. I hate giving out exact dates since I really don't like keeping people waiting or disappointed.

Don't get all hyped up or hold me to anything. In fact, treat me like I'm another vaporware pusher who comes through promising everything and delivering on nothing. Hehe, the less pressure the better as far as I'm concerned. This is all for fun for me. It's my passion and a challenge that I'm having a lot of fun producing. But the last thing I want is for it to become a chore or another "job".

Thanks guys

The longer it takes, the better it will be, right?

I feel like a noob now. I always read my PMs before I read threads I had posted in. I asked you in the PM if you had any clue on an exact release date, and, after reading this post, I know it is possibly the 20th.

But yeah, just let the game be fun for yourself. The biggest turnoff in game development is feeling as if it is a job or a chore. Believe me, that is why I gave up on my game. So just have fun with it.

Back