• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for Good Battle Videos to Commentate

Years
  • Hello, everyone. I manage a small blog and have Youtube channel where I commentate my friend and I's games; however, this week, there was a problem! Basically, two of us were out of town this weekend, so we did not play.

As such, I have no games to commentate. That's why I need games. Post your battle video's number to look up, maybe with a brief description of why it was interesting.

I'm looking primarily for single matchups, 6v6, using pokemon not banned by Smogon.

However, if you look at our blog (the link to which is below, in my sig), you will see we do not play by the same rules as Smogon, because Smogon plays off the cartridge, under a different set of more predictable circumstances. Basically, if your match involves something like swift swim and drizzle, and is a good match, go ahead and upload it, that will not disqualify it. Furthermore, if your game is essentially an Ubers matchup, but also is a good match, go ahead and post the number, if you sell it well enough in your description, I may choose it.

Thank you very much everyone. One last thing: if you wish you or your opponent to go by certain names which are not used in the actual game, please post that as well, otherwise I will be using your in-game names. Thanks again.

kelario26

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Looked at your blog and I have to say, it was pretty good.

While I do not have any battle videos to be commentated, I would like to commentate, though please note my voice has not changed yet.

Years
  • @Kelario - Thanks a lot, I have not figured out how to do efficient remote dual casting yet, but if I do and decide to mix it up with members of this board, I would be glad to have you join me.

@Luigi - Is there a way to upload battles in HGSS? If there is, that's fine, I have experience in that metagame, and I'd be plenty happy to see good battles within that period.

kelario26

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Don't take this offensively, but I didn't mean dual casting. I meant as a separate commentator, cooperating with another.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ah, I think I know what you mean. Well, if I were going to have other single-operating casters, the other people I play most of my games with (such as TTC or my brother) would probably be the ones I would choose, sorry.

However, don't let that stop you from doing some commentating on your own. I believe the more people who are creating Pokemon content, the more prevalent and popular it can become. If you want to do some work of your own and put it on youtube, go for it! PM it to me, or whatever, I'd gladly watch.

Luigi264

just call me Dr. Eggman
    Years
  • i have a battle video that you may use. its a 3v3 and it essentially shows the usefulness of Shedinja.

video No. 35-31886-01074

do let me know what you think, thanks

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
  • If I may ask, is there a way to get battle video files onto your computer? I've been searching around and haven't really had any direct way to just look up in a database a ton of games that I could just watch on my computer.

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
    Years
  • I have some platinum battles you can use if you commentate on them.

65-35133-14669
    This was me against a rock type gym from the light league. Basically, the gym leaders needed to have 3 pokemon that were their gym type and the other 3 were fair game.
    His snorlax was sooooooo annoying! But I won't get into details too much. I suggest not watching it before commentating. Go into it blind I guess you could say.

41-55345-16457
    This was the very first wifi battle I ever did. Its a really good match and really close too.

These are on Platinum.

Years
  • Hey i know you are looking for 6v6 single battles but i dont have any of those right now. I do have a 4v4 rotation battle though. its a quick battle though. so if you are still looking for videos here's the video no: 63-77657-48357
    yeah its 5th gen black version.

Years
  • If I may ask, is there a way to get battle video files onto your computer? I've been searching around and haven't really had any direct way to just look up in a database a ton of games that I could just watch on my computer.

To my knowledge, it's not possible. I wish it was, it would be much easier to frap them, instead of having to set up a camera+DS rig. If Nintendo would do this, a lot of people would be grateful, and I think it would be put them as chess in competitive gaming to Starcraft's role as... some faster-paced card game or board game? Jacks? I don't know.

To everyone else, thanks a bunch for these videos, I'll do my best to get them up as soon as possible, though I did just get a new job with inconsistent hours, which is messing up my daily schedule. Regardless of that, I hope I can get all these videos up by the end of the week.

Years
  • So, I have casted what games I could.

K-Van, I'll send you a PM as well, but the second video you referred me to did not work, WFC said no video existed with such number. I don't know if Nintendo removes videos after a time, or if maybe you mistyped the number, but either way, sorry, I couldn't get access to it. The same thing happened to staryu_beast's video.

Luigi264, I got yours up fine, I'll send a PM with the link to you as well as soon as it upload, though I am leaving for work soon, so that might not be til late.

If anyone wants to see these battles, or more, or you two don't want to wait for tonight to find them, just search for EliteFourCasting on youtube, that's our channel, and they should be easy to find from there.

Thanks much for the videos, I'm always looking for more, so please, post away!

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
    Years
  • Strange that it didn't work... I will see if I can repost it. Now I have to see if I can get my wifi to work for my platinum...

Here is a 5th gen one...
    98-68466-55409

Years
  • Howdy. I have a bunch of battle videos which you could comentate on.

Drakow VS Shinkou (not from this forum) Video ID: 93-70561-69410
    Drakow VS ShinySalamence888 Video ID: 80-72624-62751
    Drakow VS Eleken Video ID: 74-88678-43357
    Drakow VS k-van Video ID: 47-20618-70082

Cheers.

Back