• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for some help

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Okay, chaos gave me an idea for a future layout of PN, but I have absolutely no idea how I would design it, or code it for that matter @_@

Basically, what he suggested was to do a tab-like thing with the news categories. Something like what Smogon has at the moment I assume.

What I'd like to do then is to have a single column (right hand side) where I could put the remainder of the navigation, and the stuff currently in the right hand one.

I'd have to cut some stuff out of the navigation, of course, and somehow categorize all the categories.

What do you all think of such an idea?

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    wtf...I'm DarkCircuit XD

Sounds good to me~ a lot more unique I guess. Smogon just wants to birth sites akin to his own >O He must *really* love tabs.

Anyways, it does sound pretty good. It's worth a try. Possibly extremely hard CSS though @_@;

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I think it is a good idea, since PN is a total news service it should have a more news oriented feel.

aRedMoon

Years
    DarkCircuit said:
    wtf...I'm DarkCircuit XD

Sounds good to me~ a lot more unique I guess. Smogon just wants to birth sites akin to his own >O He must *really* love tabs.

Anyways, it does sound pretty good. It's worth a try. Possibly extremely hard CSS though @_@;
    The tab idea would work great for PN's purpose though. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Koroku said:
    The tab idea would work great for PN's purpose though. :)
    Yeah, I agree o.o;

*could totally see it*

If I were you, I'd get started on that layou XD

Years
    DarkCircuit said:
    wtf...I'm DarkCircuit XD

I suggest stuff I think will work for sites. JKaizer, I said I would be able to help here and there with a layout possibly. You might want to find other more dedicated staffers though for your site, since I'm kind of off and on doing my own stuff.

aRedMoon

Years
    I don't want to trouble you though, there are plenty of people here that have said they'd help me in the past and should now pay up to that promise. *glares around*

Shall I start naming off people that were supposed to write me stuff for PV?

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Hey I helped out at PocketNews in the past ;P

And not to mention the once planned empire of TPHQ XD

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    You had made me Co Webby of PV :3 but we got in a fight I say I quit PN and PV....

:3 you know the rest

aRedMoon

Years
    Stay away from this thread Paul, I won't touch any of your stuff.

Blaze: I'm talking about the first PV.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Paul, do you know how to code in SSI and CSS ;P

Edit: Yeah, I was a news poster :3 which I DID do until I forgot my login password XD

aRedMoon

Years
    Revo said:
    Paul, do you know how to code in SSI and CSS ;P

Edit: Yeah, I was a news poster :3 which I DID do until I forgot my login password XD
    That has nothing to do with this. -_-

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Sorry, musta been confused about what you asked me. However I will help in anyway I can. :D

My designing skills are getting good ;P

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
    Thats a great idea Greg. If the plan works out, I could see a very nice tabbed layout. :D

I cant really help, because I have no knolage of CSS. But I do know how to code with SSI.

aRedMoon

Years
    ...I'd have ABSOLUTELY no idea how to do that though.

Can you do flash->normal html links?

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
    Yeah, I suppose you could. I miss Victory Road's flash banner. It would be neat to see something like that also. All we need is a good flash artist

Back