• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking to start to collect with my daughters

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    Hello Everyone

I am looking to start collecting Pokemon cards with my daughters and to also learn how to play the game with them. Does anyone have any advice on what cards/series I should start out with. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    For playing, a good way to start is to look for sets called Trainer Kits. These come with two pre-made 30-card decks and instructions on how to play through a game with them, turn-by-turn. Your daughters and you just have to follow the instructions to get a basic idea on how a typical game of the TCG is played.

There are two Trainer Kits that I'm aware of: Latios & Latias or Pikachu Libre & Suicune.

Then once you understand the basics, you can buy the other premade decks that come out for each set and try to play those on your own.

Back