• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looks like we're near the end.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
  • That's right, the end of another year. A long 12 months/365 days/52 weeks. For some people it would have flown by like a leaf in the breeze, for others it would have been the hardest 12 months of their life. I'm sure everyone's had their ups and downs, some people would say this is the best year ever, others would say it's the worst. Everyone's opinions of this year will be different, so that's why I've made this thread. To give people the chance to talk about how their '09 year went and to see how this year went for others as well.

So as we count down the last 10 or 9 days left of the year, people can start posting about how their year went and what kind of attitude they would like to leave the year with, along with the expections and events they're looking forward to for 2010.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I had a decent year. It, as you said, had it's ups and downs. Around the end of the year (November-December), was probably where it started to go downhill for me. My grades have slipped, and I've gotten into more and more arguments with each passing day with my mom, and they were horrible. In some cases I felt bad. In others, I was serious with the stuff I've said behind her back. The good thing is, this is the year I finally turned 16. :D

I hope for 2010 to be a hell of a lot better than this year. I will start to pay more attention in school. I want to try and get a job, so I must apply at different places. I also want to be an excellent skater, not a professional, but an excellent one. So, I hope to get a new skateboard and practice.

Last edited:

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • 09 started out great, life couldn't have been any better. now towards the end, I keep wondering how everything happened so fast, with all the drama and crap life likes to dish out. who knows about 2010, i suppose more ups and downs, but that's life, a bunch of speed bumps and smooth sailings.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Woo, here comes a new decade!

I swear to G-d, if someone replies saying "2010 isn't a new decade!" I will kill you all. That's like saying 1980 was part of the 1970's so go die! D:<

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • I'm very glad that this year has ended; it's been a drag, really. PC isn't what it used to be, but maybe that will change next year. I've gotten into a lot of arguments with numerous people (a ton of them being on here) and I regret it. Of course, there's people that just won't change, and I guess I'll just learn to deal with it.

School has been rough, thanks to me adjusting to high school and all. My grades are slipping some, but the only thing I can do now is sit back and hope I'll do well next semester. I've met some great people this year; some I still converse with, others I dislike.

And to be honest, I couldn't really care less about celebrities dying. They're people too, and they'll have their time. No one is invincible just because they're famous. And just because more people know about their death than some person's family member doesn't call for someone to care. Chances are you don't know the celebrity, so you shouldn't care about their death as much as you should someone you actually know.

All in all, I've had an alright 2009. Well, a few days from now, that year will become nothing more than history, and I can't say I'll miss it.

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
  • I liked 2005 much more than its following years.

This year sucked because I moved from Hawaii to Arizona. Last year sucked because of the drama.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    For the most part, it is supposedly my busiest year ever, but in the last two weeks, it's the easiest two weeks.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • How the Blasphemy did this year go by so fast. I still remember the last day of 8th grade for me. That was one of the saddest days of my life; it felt like I lost 200 friends on that day... oh wait, I kinda did. This year was more like a spaceship crashing back to earth than skyrocking to Mars. If I had the chance to fix it, I would totally go back to the beginning of this year and repair them. ... [/sigh]

Cheers, Earth, for still surviving, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    This time, I'm not going to get into a tl;dr, surprisingly, but to put it simply; this year has been insanely rough. I'm just glad things are gradually looking up, as of recently. (Dec 6th on-wards.)

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I've changed a great deal since '08. I've become more honest, and that also means that I've become more cruel. I've grown more mature, and I've also developed a chain smoking habit.

So over all, a good year, I think.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • 2009 was a joke. There were a few good things that happened, but the rest of it can R.I.P. I'm going to try and make 2010 at least 20 times better:p

Back