• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looks or personality

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
    Some people fix their photos, anyway, so I have been in this position before. He was, sorry to say, highly unattractive in person. I continued dating him anyway, because I reminded myself that I could have easily been in his position, and because he made me laugh all the time.

However, insecurity makes a person ugly when it's taken out on the partner. I spent more days after that ditching everything to cheer him up, and many more days insisting that my friends are only friends. It became toxic and made me depressed. One day he even posed as his mother online and said that he attempted suicide and was in the hospital because I was a terrible girlfriend. Suicide is already touchy for me, as I attempted it myself before even "meeting" this guy. So it destroyed me. I called his house phone and I figured out that it was a huge lie for attention. That was it for me. :/

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    To be honest, I'd still date them regardless and see how it goes. Looks isn't everything to me... it's what's on the inside that counts. I'd say that for me, it's 10% looks and 90% personality.

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
    Looks count, granted not as much as how they treat me or their personality to start. I would be extremely weary of online relationships anyway. They tend to lead to unneeded stress and upset (speaking from personal experience)

Years
    Definitely personality for me. Sometimes there are physical aspects to a person that cannot be controlled, and it would be rude and heartless to push someone off in a relationship solely because they didn't appear physically attractive to your liking.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    Its both for most but there are people who fall on the extremes of both spectrums, again it all depends on what that individual wants to gain from the relationship.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    Its both for most but there are people who fall on the extremes of either spectrums, again it all depends on what that individual wants to gain from the relationship.

Years
    Well, considering I am rather ugly, I can't really say that looks matter? Because since I am, I'd be lucky if anyone dated me.
    Therefore, I want to make sure they treat me well despite that, though my personality is no prize either.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Haha tough question.

I'd see how it goes. I'd test the waters with the relationships, because first off and internet relationship is A LOT different that a physical, face-face one.

Years
    This sounds like one of those pick two: looks, personality or intelligence. Thankfully it's not. The likelihood of me ever dating anyone online is not very high. But if that did happen, I'm not sure. It would depend on what kind of ugly the person is. Like, do they just not take care of themself? 'Cause if so, I'd definitely have to break it off. How can you respect someone else if you can't even respect yourself? If it's ugly to the extreme but an amazing personality, I'd try it out, but the odds of ever seeing their face again would be very slim...

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I didn't know what to expect when I met my sweetpea. We met online - he lived 1,5h away from me - and met up at a local Timmie's in my city. I knew he was on a weight loss mission; he was about 230lbs when I met him, and I was around 235lbs. He's never had a serious relationship before because no one wanted him due to his weight. I still thought he was the most handsome guy ever, though; I could see past the weight (which he sought to lose) and distinguish his masculine features beyond face-value.

He's 172lbs right now, and I'm hovering around 217lbs as of today. I gained some weight, he's fluctuated, but his progress is amazing. Girls flirt with him now and I have to be careful that they don't try to poach him. I'm very protective, and he's inexperienced with women and not used to the attention, so he doesn't really understand what's inappropriate. Hafta teach him along the way, I suppose.

I didn't ditch him, and I wouldn't. I'm always concerned he'll ditch me because I have low self-esteem and really devalue myself, but he always reassures me that I'm the only girl for him, and he moves in with me in thirty-one days. It's all going well :)

I think people who ditch for looks are superficial and quite honestly, are just bad people. I can understand a lack of physically-relevant sexual attraction, but it's no different than dating a super hot guy only for sex even though he's a douchebag. It's just the reverse scenario. Both are distasteful personality traits.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I have friends of all sorts and I never judge a person on looks alone. I may find people with stereotypical good looks more attractive, but if their personality is terrible, then I have no attraction to them. If they're not "great" looking, but their personality is awesome, then I am more attracted to them.

This applies for friendships and relationships. I can't stand good looking people with terrible personalities.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd take both but neither one has to be amazing for me. Just enough of both qualities for me not to get a headache whenever she talks or for me not to want to put a paper bag over said female's head if she ever wants to kiss me now.

Back