• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looks VS Personality...which is most important?

Which matters most in a BF/GF?

• Looks.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Personality. (type of person they are, ect.)

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters

Too-Angel

Remix Lover
Years
  • I look for personallities to a person. I don't look to the person's neither
    attractive or not. We all are the same, not personallities. There are some changes containing personallities to other people. Not all of us are all the same. For myself, I look for the personallity of this person.

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • that wasnt the issue!!!!!!!!!! the issue was about how it contradics the popular opinion of looks sparking the initial attraction!

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    I went with personity since most I don't want somebody mean hearted. Now a days, looks can be completely changed.

Soph

Years
  • look all i want is a discussion on a different side of this topic. it can be unsafe but it can be perfectly okay too. stop getting off topic! i was offering a new way to look at this topic now would some on offwen an honest opnioon instead of a judgmental remark!

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Internet relations rely solely on the mind, people can use lies much easier, so latiosspud has a good point about internet relations not being safe at all.

Soph

Years
  • *looks frustarted* WELL IM TALKING ABOUT THE SAFE ONES THEN! far OUT all i said was that love over the internet is one form that does not rely on looks, therefore it contradicts the statemntt that love is mainly based on looks. THAT is the topic, not how safe it is!

Gengar

Funny? Lookin' for me?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 28, 2004
    I go with Personality ; but in my school looks matter :( I dont like that. I cant help that im "ugly". >.<;; But , I know a girl in one of my classes that I said "Gosh , Im ugly!" She just said "Who?" I said "Me.." She said "I know."

NOT FAIR! >.<; Not fair at all. Some people are very bitter and sweet , like me for example! Im honest , and well known. But Im not popular! Im just "cool". My school is stupid , that's my say. If someone hates me because THEY thing im ugly then they aint a very good friend!

Another thing , I find myself sweet , and sometimes a bit nasty on the hand , but hey , Im honest. I can give you 1 girl name I like. Emily (She's the one who said Im ugly. :( ) Im not ugly. I know she know's that.

Can anyone help me with above?

22sa

Years
  • Soph said:
    *looks frustarted* WELL IM TALKING ABOUT THE SAFE ONES THEN! far OUT all i said was that love over the internet is one form that does not rely on looks, therefore it contradicts the statemntt that love is mainly based on looks. THAT is the topic, not how safe it is!
    Who said love is mainly based on looks? lol. Safe ones? I don't know, I mean you can always phone each other anyways...

(IRL) Let's see... Looks to attract and please your partner (and yourself sort of), personality to keep the relationship going, and a brain to actually have something to talk about.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    All's I can say Gengar is, just you wait, in some years, you will be the only good looking one. and everybody else will be oogly.

Soph, I don't think that it is exactly online love is save, because for all you know, the person you are in "love" with, is just some perverted old guy.But I won't bring that up.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Gengar said:
    I go with Personality ; but in my school looks matter :( I dont like that. I cant help that im "ugly". >.<;; But , I know a girl in one of my classes that I said "Gosh , Im ugly!" She just said "Who?" I said "Me.." She said "I know."

NOT FAIR! >.<; Not fair at all. Some people are very bitter and sweet , like me for example! Im honest , and well known. But Im not popular! Im just "cool". My school is stupid , that's my say. If someone hates me because THEY thing im ugly then they aint a very good friend!

Another thing , I find myself sweet , and sometimes a bit nasty on the hand , but hey , Im honest. I can give you 1 girl name I like. Emily (She's the one who said Im ugly. :( ) Im not ugly. I know she know's that.

Congratulation Gengar! You're finally out of the matrix and into the world!

Welcome to reality...

Years
  • Gengar said:

Is the girl you like good-looking? Cause if she is, you're being very hypocritical.

22sa

Years
  • Gengar said:
    What did you expect, after you called yourself ugly? They probly think it's just for attention.

Are you sure you can't help that you're ugly by the way? What about people with ugly personalities and feel they can't change? Anyway, if you are really good inside, than your outside would be covered by your inside, in a way.
    Being cool is pretty good, but you know, there's price to everything. And being cool has it's price.

Gengar

Funny? Lookin' for me?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 28, 2004
    latiosspud said:
    Is the girl you like good-looking? Cause if she is, you're being very hypocritical.

First of all what is hypocritical? Another thing , yeah she's good looking. 0.o()

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • hypocritical: to be a hypocrite. A hypocrite is a person who contradicts himself (usually in terms of his/her/its actions and beliefs).

and since you said "yes she's good looking" you've just got yourself a "Hypocrite Stamp" from me.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • PokeTrainerCarol said:
    Whoa...look how long a conversation about looks vs. personality can get! With nothing offtopic...that's pretty amazing!

True, it is kind of stupid to like someone because of how they look. It's mostly personality but matters, but there are just some people that care more about looks... u_u which isn't fair, because a person not very good looking could be the most beautiful person in the inside. But they're not given a chance, you know why.

I don't really complain or ask or care much about my looks, but as a normal person living in this world I do care about myself -_- but what I try the most is to be a nice person. I'm not an "ugly" person, but I would never just go around saying I look good. I usually say I look bad to my mother...it sounds better than saying I look good...but my mom disagrees with me when I say I look bad u_u

And no, it's not both or nothing latiosspud. It's mostly a little bit of each, but personality is always better than looks. I really wouldn't want someone that scared me with looks, and I can't say I wouldn't mind, I'm tryin' to be sincere here, but it would be worse if the person annoyed me to death.

Did I make myself clear? Probably not. XD I have a strange feeling I went like "yes...but yes...but no....but no....but yes but no" and so on XP

well it's perfectly clear for me...

looks spark interest to start a new friendship, while personality is the true object behind the scene to start the friendship and to push it beyond its limitless limit (oxymoron but you know what i mean... hopefully)

and i just have to hate those people who just call themselve "i'm pretty"... very arrogant and a stuck-up those ppl are... especially those one who have no shame to even call themselve " oh i know... i'm such a 'sexy' beast". (i hate *all* ppl who call themselve by that if it's by their own will) Ignorant fools like that care a lot about looks. >_<

Gengar

Funny? Lookin' for me?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 28, 2004
    I dont think looks is EVERYTHING , it's not! It's barley anything in my book. (Sacrifice : Charnel *I didnt know you could read*) Well , the reason I like Emily is cause' she's energetic' etc...

Back