• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lost of Interest? D:

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Well slowly, it has felt like I'm losing interest in Pokemon. x:
    From being inactive on the forums to not even touching my Soul Silver after beating just the 3rd gym, it just seems like rinse and repeat. Same situation on every game, every tv episode, every thread.

I'm not the only one that has had this feeling am I?

Ice Queen

I Love May
    Years
    I love Pokemon, yes i sometime feel like i cant even touch my Pokemon games but i still like it and the anime i love to. i could never hate Pokemon. so no i dont feel the same as you.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I keep getting the feeling I really want to play...then not bothering.

My main problem is that I spend so long planning my teams, I go off the pokémon before I've even got my starter from the regional professor xD

Do you know what I advise you to do though? Leave all your pokémon stuff alone for a while. Be it 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, or even until you get Black/White....when you go back to them, it'll seem nicer. Trust me, I'd stopped playing pokémon in about January 2009, I noticed Platinum was coming out in March, but totally forgot about it...even though it meant I missed the Secret Key Wi-Fi Event, when I eventually got it randomly in July, it was so much fun, I even came back to pc after almost a year of absense.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Meh... I suppose. We won't talk about my inactiveness on the forums here, because frankly it had nothing to do with my interest in the series itself, but it's really because I can't do much at all with my games. I keep telling myself that eventually I'm going to beat SS again with that Steel monotype, or finally bring Platinum to a conclusion, but then I lose interest and want to start the game over... but don't, since I don't want to lose my Pokémon and my other DS has mysteriously disappeared. I guess I'm at a stalemate, and that's why I'm not really as interested in both the games and the forum? (I am still active in the roleplaying community, however.)

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
    Usually, the only time that I lose interest in Pokemon is when I catch a new team member and have this OCD urge to level grind it up to catch up with the rest of my team, then I go through roughly an hour of laziness and keep on putting it off until I get my next urge to play Pokemon again, (usually a few weeks later) and start a new game. Then it's pretty much rinse and repeat.

But, getting back to your point. They can't really change the fundamentals of pokemon; 8 gym leaders, a gang of villains, pokedex quest, etc. I'll admit the Pokemon franchise is repetitive, but it has to keep it's main qualities, or else it would a completely new game all together.

I do have high hopes for the next game in the B/W saga (let's presume it's Grey)
    Every generation, the third game in each respective saga has had more drastic differences in regards to storyline, 3D capabilities, graphics, tilesets, etc. And I'm expecting no less from 'Pokemon Grey'. o:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yeah, I sometimes have a lack of interest in playing the games as well...but it always comes back after a while. I usually just move onto a different game franchise for the time being or the such. XD

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I have gotten tired of actually playing the game it's self so I went to trading, then I got tired of general trading so I went to event trading, then I got tired of that so I just post around on multiple pokemon forums even though I really don't do much with the game it's. I helped people after I got done playing and after awhile it became a pain and too time consuming. So right now I just don't have the time for the game and I have competing interests like anime and school. I am sure I will be ready to get back into the games once Black and White is released in NA but for now I just don't care for it. I have gotten back into the anime which I haven't watched routinely since the end of Johto saga. Or the end of Hoenn.

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
    The only thing that puts me off sometimes is knowing that I have to level my team up when they are all low leveled. :3

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I can be a bit inactive, but it's not because I am really losing interest in Pokemon. Most of the time I just don't really know what to say on a certain subject because I have already spoken on it 1,000 times or I am just not really in the mood to discuss a certain thing at the moment. I have lost interest in Pokemon a bit more than I used to, but it always comes back because Pokemon was a huge part of my life as a child, and it is something that I will never be able to fully turn my back on. Most of the people who were into Pokemon with me in their childhood grew out of it or are hiding it really well. I don't bother.
    I guess I just kind of forget about it sometimes. That's all. If I lost interest in Pokemon all together then, well, you'd never see me again. I would only go totally inactive right now if this forum was completely inactive.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2010
    I'm not interested in Pokemon whatsoever unless they hold guns. Much like a Magzmar.

Years
    I almost lost all interest in pokemon back in 11th grade. I had pokemon red version and I loved it. me and my charizard were best of friends. When the world let me down, I always had "Burny" But one day I went to my friends house and came home to find out my mother had thrown away my gameboy. I cried for weeks. But I found a new one at a garage sale. XD. I will never lose hope. Some people have music to cope with pain. I have the will to CATCH THEM ALL

sorry if this is a lame first post

Ayselipera

I'm pretty sure that's just a common human trait. A lot of times when I'm really involved in something Pokemon or not I eventually go through a dry spell. Which is a period of time where I'm not at all involved in whatever activity I was so passionate about earlier. I would say I've been going through that type of period right now seeing as I haven't touched my Pokemon games in months and I haven't been too active on the forums for the past week or so. I think eventually you might come back to the games after a long time. As I said I often won't play any of my DS games never mind Pokemon games for months. Then one day it will just hit me that I should restart an old game. Breaks are essential! :)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I haven't totally lost interest per se, but I have become more sporadic in playing any actual Pokemon games. XD

I started a poison monotype run on HG two weeks ago and I haven't picked it up since catching a Spinarak and a Zubat on that first day. XD

MewParade

MewMewPewParade
    Years
    I know exactly what you mean. The games all do the same exact thing. Professor tells you about teh Pokemanz, you get a rival, you get a Pokemon. With that Pokemon you get more Pokemon. Then HOLY SHIZ IT'S BAD PEEPLE. You beat the baddies, get all your badges. Everyone tells you how talented and great you are. Then, you beat the Elite Four and Champion, and again, everyone tells you how great you are.

But, and I emphasize BUT, it's not like I hate Pokemon. I love it a lot, actually. There are some variants between the plots, and at least you're in different regions, looking for different Pokemon. And the gameplay is addicting, IMO. I think that's why I've been hooked since I was pretty much a toddler. :3

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
    You are not alone, they need to change the games so it's not rinse and repeat also, you should be able to choose more stuff like clothing from hair to feet and all.. I only wi-fi battle now ~_~

Bolens

Soul Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Your not alone, I have lost all but only a little bit of interest. I only hack for the fun of it, that's all.

Yeah, your not alone. I have lost all but all my interest, I just stick to hacking them for right now.

Last edited:

Geranyl

Resident Pikachu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Yeah, I feel exactly the same. But you know what? I actually just came back from a half-year's absence from PC, and I'm more excited about it than ever.

Dunno... sounds like you should try doing something interesting here... get involved in hack projects, art, or even the slowly dying Roleplay section... Just do something, so you won't have to sit and think about what exactly you're doing.

And Pokemon is all about repetitiveness.

Yuii

PokéBreeder
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2011
    I feel the same way... But trading and switching around pokemon games keeps the spirit alive! :D

Back