• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LOST

Druid

she's not anyone...
Years
  • So anyone else watch one of the best mystery/sci-fi/drama shows on television? If so, do you watch it casually, or are you like me, analyzing every plot point (Lostie to the bone) of every episode?

Either way, the writers have created a masterpiece that can appeal to anyone, as it is so diverse in its characters that almost everyone can relate to someone.

Discuss.

Ayselipera

Well when it first came out I watched a few episodes and I was interested in it, but then I forgot about one week. Which led to another week... and so on. So as of this point I have no idea what is going on. I don't plan on watching any of it either until the very last episode. Which is this month I think? I feel like I need to see the finale since it's a pretty popular show and I do honestly want to know if they get off that island. >:o

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
  • Yeah, the finale's this month. The Sunday after next I think... Trust me, though, if you haven't seen much if any of season 4/5/6, it won't make any sense what's going on. :P I mean, there have been a ton of plot points and such that really took that long to explain. XD

That's the big problem with the show, you can really only miss one episode or stuff get's confusing. It is rewarding to watch every season, though.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I've stopped watching it as much when Charlie died :/ He was my favorite character. I stilll watch it, just not as much. && lately, I've not been watching it, so I'm really behind. When I do watch it, I am too analytical, so much that one time I had to go somewhere else to watch it =/

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
  • Charlie isn't completely gone - as with any character, there are always flashbacks and flashforwards that show that character again.

Also, season six brings Charlie some more dialogue...

EDIT: I just realized how stupid that post made lost sound. Let me assure you: Not all characters who die come back.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I'm a huge Lost fan, but kinda disappointed with the latest episode. Its intention was to answer questions but all it seem to have done was leave more questions.

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
  • I'm a huge Lost fan, but kinda disappointed with the latest episode. Its intention was to answer questions but all it seem to have done was leave more questions.

I know! Now we're just asking questions about the questions.

Of course, a line in the episode was "Every question I answer will lead to another."

Maybe it's a hint. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Yeah, I noticed her saying that. I think, at this point, expecting everything to get answered is unreasonable. There are so many questions, but only 2 episodes left. I can only hope it all makes sense and finishes well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    So anyone else watch one of the best mystery/sci-fi/drama shows on television? If so, do you watch it casually, or are you like me, analyzing every plot point (Lostie to the bone) of every episode?

Either way, the writers have created a masterpiece that can appeal to anyone, as it is so diverse in its characters that almost everyone can relate to someone.

Discuss.

Wow... That is the best post I have ever seen on this forum - besides my own, of course. You hit the nail on the head, buddy. I take my hat off to you.

It is good to see that I am up to speed with the yanks in terms of episodes left. I am confident that the series will be wrapped up in fine style!

All right chaps, list your top five favourite characters. I'll start us off:

1. Locke
    2. The Man in Black
    3. Sawyer
    4. Jacob
    5. Desmond

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    My favorite characters vary, but I'd say it goes something like

1.) Locke
    2.) Ben Linus
    3.) Man in Black
    4.) Sayid
    5.) Sawyer

Least favorite characters are Hugo, Kate, and Sun. I find their storylines so boring.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
  • 1. Ben
    2. Locke
    3. Hugo
    4. Miles
    5. Sayid

I'm a really huge fan of Lost, particularly this last season. I think of more television was like Lost, people in general would be better for it. So much crap on television, but the Lost writers take their stuff seriously; it's like a great Greek play or classic literature. I love all the symbolism.

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
  • Well, it's over. Any thoughts?

And my favourites are really hard for me to choose, but it goes something like this, though as I watch episodes it is constantly changing.

1. Juliet *pre-season 5 finale*
    2. Hurley/Hugo
    3. Ben
    4. Desmond
    5. Claire

Years
  • I've been watching the Nuzlocke comic which is loaded with lost references, but since I never watched the show, I don't understand any. Maybe I should take the time to watch it...

Years
  • Great last episode.

Ever since the writers said the last shot of the last episode was going to be a single thing, I knew exactly it would be that.

WARNING: LAST IMAGE SAID HERE:
    Spoiler:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I love this show, and I thought the ending was awesome (but I shant say more for fear of spoilers... :P) As for my favorite characters?

1. Ben: His actor even said he thought of the show as his own personal comedy! XD
    2. Hurley: He is a genuinely nice person, a rare breed.
    3. Daniel: No real reason. :)
    4. Richard: He had a cool back story.
    5. Sun: Corporate coups rock. XP

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • The final episodes was one of the best pieces of television i've seen. Beautifully written, brilliantly executed.

I stayed up til 5am to watch it on Monday morning (It was simulcast here with the US so it aired at 5am), and watched the re-run last night. It was just as touching as the first time i'd seen it.

I've been following LOST right from the start and I can't believe it's all over but all good things must end. I'm happy with the ending, even though i've seen people complaining that it was predictable. And the final scene that Cpt Fabio spoilered was absolutely spot-on, a superb way to end the show.

Fave characters (In no particular order):
    1. Jack
    2. Faraday (I loved him in The Constant)
    3. Hurley
    4. Ben
    5. Locke
    Honourable mentions to Desmond and Sawyer.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    The finale was... perfect. I hope that I get to see another television show half as good as that in my life - false hope, perhaps?

Going to be awesome when I have a Lost marathon in a few years time. Then again, and again.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    The finale was... perfect. I hope that I get to see another television show half as good as that in my life - false hope, perhaps?

Going to be awesome when I have a Lost marathon in a few years time. Then again, and again.

I agree completely the finale was the perfect way to end the show, and it's still bittersweet.

As far as another show as good as Lost I doubt will see one like it, but if you like sy-fi type shows then you should check out Supernatural it's also very well written.

Back