• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LOST

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I also loved the finale and I don't think it's deserving of a lot of the hate it's getting. I think the people who're hating on it don't understand it, I know I had to explain it to my family because they didn't understand what the island was, what the flash sideways was, if they were alive or dead, etc. It was the perfect show and I'll really miss it.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I also loved the finale and I don't think it's deserving of a lot of the hate it's getting. I think the people who're hating on it don't understand it, I know I had to explain it to my family because they didn't understand what the island was, what the flash sideways was, if they were alive or dead, etc. It was the perfect show and I'll really miss it.

Exactly!! Some people were upset because they never got questions to some of the answers but the finale stressed what the show was about the whole time; The characters.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    I agree completely the finale was the perfect way to end the show, and it's still bittersweet.

As far as another show as good as Lost I doubt will see one like it, but if you like sy-fi type shows then you should check out Supernatural it's also very well written.

One of a kind indeed!

I don't really take much of an interest in television programs. Supernatural? I would rather watch paint dry. I am considering watching Twin Peaks, and/or Fringe; so if anybody here knows anything abut those shows, that would be helpful.

Other than that, I really enjoyed a show called The Mole. I know that there were five seasons over here from 2000-2005, and I am quite certain that I didn't watch them all. It would also be enjoyable to watch series of that program that operated in other countries.

Of course, Noddy is a timeless classic; so I should look into gaining access to some episodes of that.

Alex: I don't even bothering explaining Lost to other people; I prefer to leave them with their hackneyed sitcoms and corny drama shows.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I have never, ever cried at a television show so hard as I did at the LOST finale. The whole montage with Jack between worlds...it was so sad. Especially when even Desmond believed that the flash-sideways world was a parallel universe, and not what it ended up being. ;_;

As for my favourite characters:-

01. Benjamin Linus. Always and forever. His "I did it all for the Island!" explanation for everything was just so sad when he faced off with Jacob, and he realised that he'd just been doing everything for himself. Michael Emerson is such a powerful actor.
    02. Jack Shepherd. I didn't realise how much I would miss his character until the finale, and I spent a good couple of seasons wishing he would STFU. But he had a great character development arc, and I think Matthew Fox played the part admirably.
    03. Hurley Reyes. How can you not love Hurley? A lot of people pegged him as comic relief, but he was an important part of the show, and the last two episodes where his optimism received a huge dent just made me howl. It ain't over 'till the fat guy cries, and then please feel free to sob your heart out with him ;_;
    04. Desmond Hume. But I am highly biased in that I am just basically head-over-the-heels in love with his actor, so. XD
    05. Juliet Burke. Again, I am a tiny bit in love with her and her actress, so this is biased. But I love how she was with Sawyer, and how they found each other again. Magic. ♥

My reaction to the finale surprises me so much. Usually when a show I love is over I get over it quite quickly, but I'm still really upset over LOST being gone. DAMN YOU SHOW. I can't even get addicted to FlashForward now 'cause that's been cancelled. *shakes fist*

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
  • @TheUltimateSacrifice

I also plan on running through the show again, only now I will be able to laugh at some of the small easter eggs and such. Few, if any shows will convince you to watch over 100 hours of television again.
    I have no idea if Twin Peaks is any good, but I do enjoy Fringe. The problem with watching Fringe after LOST is that it is a lot more episodic than LOST ever was. There are episodes that leave you wondering what the point was, and it isn't better than LOST for sure. It does provide the mystery and the surprise that we all got from our favourite "deserted" island. If you remember that some episodes relate to the plot and others don't, the characters, in my opinion, should turn the show into something worth watching for sure.

And I had the luxury of attemping to explain the finale to people who had only seen the pilot, Tabula Rasa and Walkabout.

"So did they all get off the island in the end?"
    "Uhm..."
    "So I heard they were all dead all along, right?"
    "Yeah, about that..."

@Alex

I don't understand the hate either. Sure, there will always be people who get so caught up in mythological and mechanical questions like "How old is Jacob?" and "Where did Christian's body go?" that they forget the characters. But what I don't understand is the overwhelming percentage of the LOST community that didn't understand the final scene, didn't know what it meant and they just assumed that it must have been rushed or something.

Everything has been leading up to this point. All of the on-island development, the flashbacks, and the flash-forwards guided us through the lives of these people. And now we see them overcoming their problems to truly let go and die alone. At least, that's how I see the "sideways world", if you can still call it that.

If you think about the end of season one, what were your biggest questions? For me at least, it was what's in the hatch?! Yet in a blur of story that question became who's in the hatch?! It's the same thing with what's the smoke monster?! I think that's the thing we keep forgetting - it's always been about the people. It's not about where the magic box came from, it's about who's in it. In my opinion, the people who have problems with the finale are the people who haven't yet let go of all of the mechanical questions of the show and moved on to: who are these people and how have they affected each other?

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • LOST is a masterpiece.. amazing writing and great acting.. and not to mention heavy breathing and scenic backdrops. I love all of those. (:
    I'll just put my top 5 character choices in spoiler tags, seeing as how I let a little bit of spoiling leak into it.

Spoiler:

Back