• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lots of users..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I'm just curious, but there seems to be a lot of "new users" today on PC that are just here to annoy us. I know there are some out there, but today it seems more people sign up just for that reason, Is this a normal number? or are there more annoyers just today because it's a holiday?

I bring this up because it was a situation like this that eventually brought down NSider (Nintendo's official forums).

P.S.-Sorry if this is in the wrong spot... or if it shouldn't be here at all.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Well in my experience on other forums there is absolutely nothing you can do to the new trouble makers. There are still going to be more like them.

This forum is one of the most active I have ever been on. It even goes down occasionally due to the amount of people on it. I believe that a very high number of users registers every day

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    It's not unusual to see a lot of new users sign up here, it happens most days. And as for the spammers, they come in everyone in a while, but the staff takes care of it really well.

.Azelf

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2008
    Well in my experience on other forums there is absolutely nothing you can do to the new trouble makers. There are still going to be more like them.

This forum is one of the most active I have ever been on. It even goes down occasionally due to the amount of people on it. I believe that a very high number of users registers every day

Yes, I have to agree. More users will register everyday. If they get annoying and spam and whatnot report them to the forum moderator or a higher staff member.

I have been on forums for about 5 years now.. This is the best by far forum in all of my years. I may have been like those trouble makers when I first started out, but now I'm better than them.

Lobo

Pidgeotto used Fly.
    Years
  • I just joined today. Probably because of the holiday and the fact I dont really celebrate Easter. I guess I just had a lot more free time than I normally do. This forum seems to be a lot friendlier to newer users. I know on other forums I visit, anyone who has a join date within a year or so gets no respect. The majority of users I have seen have an '07 or '08 join date here.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I bring this up because it was a situation like this that eventually brought down NSider (Nintendo's official forums).

I wouldn't worry aboout it. Like the others have said, this sort of thing just happens to boards now and then. I can't think of a single board I've ever been on that's never had a spammer attack. All you can really do about it is report those posts to the proper people, and even then, all the proper people can do is clean up the forums, ban the proper people, and hope that holds. =/ Even then, you really can't stop the trolls' friends.

As far as I know, a troll would have to be doing something out of the ordinary to trigger a crash. Given the size and activity of PC and the quality of trolls we've had today, I'm certain that PC's prepared for it and that we'll only get the sexually frustrated brand of troll.

That said, don't feed the trolls. Other than that, relax. It's most likely not going to do anything to us.

As for actual, legit new members, it's probably because it's a weekend. I wouldn't worry about that either. PC's one of the high-popularity boards, rivaling SPPf and BMGf (possibly even surpassing the latter, although I don't often pay attention to the who's online portion of BMGf anyway). It's bound to have high days and low days, and as I've said before, I'm certain PC's staff are doing whatever they can to keep the board up and running, especially after last week's fun time.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The report button is located next to the "online" sign in legacy mode, and in standard, next to the post number in the right hand corner.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Reporting twice by mistake isn't breaking the rules, but they won't attend the report/notice it any faster (because for one, they could be offline) if you report multiple times. Unless you mean you're reporting two different posts by the same member.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Depending on his amount of infraction points, and what he actually did, if it was a minor offence, and he hadn't broken the rules before, then he won't.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    calm down...
    we can't make a mod do stuff...
    it's up to them if they think that the certain person.member you reported is righteous for a ban or a warning... :\

Anyways, since new members tend to register a lot, do the mods delete/erase inactive accounts..?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    They don't delete accounts... and besides, with more accounts, higher member list... better statistic. XD

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    yeah but, more members, more member lists, more inactive accounts, more headaches thinking of a good username... xD

oh well... hm...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Orange Meganium: How about we just let the Staff use their own judgment and let them do the work. If they see it fit to ban someone they will, if they see it fit just to give an infraction then they will. The only thing you members need to do is report the person and that's it for you (unless some Staff member asks you about this or that, and even then that's rare).

destinedjagold: Well for one thing, it's up to the Admins if they delete accounts or not (that is out of the hands of the Mods). And no, we don't really delete inactive accounts. I mean we have done it in the past (we've deleted like 30,000 members) but it doesn't happen like every month, or even every year. We only delete accounts if we have to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back