• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#Loucas' Gallery

loucas

100% hot
Years
  • Hey it's not much, But here it is :)

I've been doing pixel art for a month now, i use GraphicsGale Free Version.
    i'm not a pro, i still have problems with anti-aliasing, and i have no idea about Transparency.

Here are the trainers i'v done so far..

#Loucas' Gallery
    #Loucas' Gallery
    #Loucas' Gallery
    #Loucas' Gallery

and here are some fakemon, some i've posted somewhere before.

#Loucas' Gallery

#Loucas' Gallery

#Loucas' Gallery

please tell me what i need to improve... i would really appreciate it :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Your fakemon designs are awesome. Also that tail of the little rat has too much anti-aliasing, so it doesn't fit the whole sprite.

Are you trying to mirror the official style from the games? O:

Years
  • Ooh, these are great! I really like the base and shading colors you chose for the first fake, it looks wonderful. <3 I do agree with Logi that there's a little too much anti-aliasing on the tail (and ears) of the yellow mouse fake, so try to work on that when you're able. Kind of confused by the pose of the third trainer as well; his position looks a bit awkward, though that could just be me.

You're very talented so keep it up, want to see more from you!

loucas

100% hot
    Years
  • Your fakemon designs are awesome. Also that tail of the little rat has too much anti-aliasing, so it doesn't fit the whole sprite.

Are you trying to mirror the official style from the games? O:

thank you, i always thought there's something a little of about it, thank you very much :)

Kind of confused by the pose of the third trainer as well; his position looks a bit awkward, though that could just be me.

You're very talented so keep it up, want to see more from you!

yeah, my brother initially thought i was going for the oppa gangnam trend there -___-

thank you so much!
    i've been working on for new fakes from scratch, hasn't much time to finish though because of school. but there's more comin' :)

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • The trainers seem a bit larger than normal, in addition to there being a couple of the limbs/poses looking weird. There's also a couple of minor shading issues, but don't get too hung up on that.
    The fakemon look AMAZING. No problems at all, doubt I could do any better. xD

loucas

100% hot
    Years
  • hi guys, i'm back with a little something.
    so, i'm working on this fakemon for days now but i can't seem to make the color pallete right.

here's the concept.
    it's should represent death
    front legs and body chained
    wings and hind legs coming out from other dimension represented by fire/fog/smoke.

here it is, not done yet, i need your suggestions guys, thanks

#Loucas' Gallery
    #Loucas' Gallery

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • I like the one on the left a lot more, but I think the pallette should be darker, featuring more blacks and maybe some gray's and purples, since this is death we're talking about, but that's just my opinion. The shading looks great, and I really can't wait to see the finished product.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2015
    Some trainers need more working, but I think they are good already. I would modify the first one, those shoes are strange :S

loucas

100% hot
    Years
  • my pc bailed on me, i lost all the things i'm working at the moment -_____- i'll try to redo them all, or start from scratch all over again.

update:
    #Loucas' Gallery

Twiglet
    Grass/Normal​

my latest sprite, i just made it and finished it in about 20 minutes or so, i thought my thread needed an update or it will be closed. err, it's not that polished, and i think the pallet is kinda off.

Last edited:

Blaid

Have you seen any rupee?
    Years
  • Wow, really good designs. Sprites and fakes looks very well but they need to fix some things. For example, your shadow style. Imagine that the sun is just on the left when you're doing sprites. You forgot some shadows in one or two sprites, but they are little details. Don't forget that little detais can make a master art. And you could add BW style shadows to sprites. xD You're quite good at sprites, yep. I'll be waiting for see more of your sprites!

heyo

HEYO!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Your fakemon look great! And I agree with Cosmotone about the newer ones that represent death; I'd add darker and more colors associated with fire. Keep up the good work, though!

Back