• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love--- does it hurt or not?

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    I find it to be bad.

I thought I was in love once, I was wrong.

All we did was fight and jealousy.

I really hated it 5 months of hell,

Now, sex just complicates EVERYTHING.

It's best to wait until marriage.

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
    For me love is something you and a person share together and it can only be between two people that truly care about each other, therefore if you are hurt by a supposed love it is not true because the love was never there.

Sheruda Kachinuki

Go and escape(^^)
    Years
    Good question... as for me, IT DEPENDS, because WE RE ONLY HUMANS, and no one of us is PERFECT, so as for love, (and as for the problems they confessed to me) I believe it is both inspiring and hurtful.

Years
    Of course there's going to be some downsides; everything we do has something or other that makes doing it less pleasurable. I guess it really comes down to what love means to you. Personally, I don't mind having to put up with the drama and what not. True love is worth so much more than that, in my opinion.

So no, my answer would be it does not hurt.

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    Well, I've been in love a couple of times. Although these relationships were internet-based, I have learned so much. I think I've learned more that I would have learned if my relationships were "real-life"-based. I put "real-life" in quotation marks because I believe the distinction between the two "worlds" is an unfair stigma, and needs more thinking of what the REAL world truly is.

Anyways... back to love. Love is okay. It's good, but it's bad. It hurts, but it also heals. Love is just like anything else: it can be a bless and it can be a curse. In the end, it depends on who you are and whom you're with. In my case, my ex-gf was such a pain, and I could not get any attention, any comfort, or any good experience from her. Therefore, I suffered a lot because of her, and thankfully it's over now.

However, just because this is the experience I've been through in my relationships does not mean this is the general trend. I have seen many happy couples who have been nurturing their love for years and years. Although I've experienced negative relationships, I'm still hoping for a positive one! XD

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    Love, is amazing. However, you have to BE in love, true love, for it to be blissful. And true love is very difficult to find.

I agree. It's like finding a shiny pokemon in Fire Red.

Anyways, prolific_rhapsody, are you interested? ;)
    Nah, I'm just kidding. I'm not gay, lol.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Here's a nice quote from Ed from Ed, Edd n Eddy:

"Love is like a onion, Double D. The more you peel away its layers, the more it stinks." *takes a huge bite out of the onion* :laugh:

Hmmm, what is love? That's a hard question to answer, since you can love just about anything. And in differant ways, too. The love you have for your cell phone is different than the love for your best friend, and the love you have for your parents, and the love you have for your husband....you get the point. It's a REAAALLY complicated emotion.

CyberForte

Calculmancer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 15, 2022
    Love is a strong feeling, to my perception, of attachment and emotional dependance. As such, it is impossible to love without feeling pain as a result of caring so much. Be it a result of carelessness, disagreement, or even something just hurting the person you love, there are things which will hurt when you care deeply for someone, and if you cannot feel that hurt, then I cannot believe you truly feel that strongly. In my case, it can be overwhelmingly powerful to the point that even being apart bothers the both of us greatly, but I understand most lovedoesn't go to that level. Still. caring enough to say you love someone should and will mean there will be pain; it is unavoidable. What makes it worthwhile, though, is that the happiness, companioniship, the dedication and exclusivity and comfort that make up the positive effects far, far outweigh the painful ones, at least in a healthy, reciprocated relationship. Or, so my experience tells me.
    -CF

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    From my experience, love is not always the one that does the hurting. Love is a wonderful feeling, when you feel that for the correct person. Otherwise, that's when it could end up hurting badly. Like me: in the last 6 people I've felt it for(girls, to be specific), I haven't seem to have found it. And each time, it hurts less and less...

But still hurts :(

Years
    It depends on the people, the feeling (love) is in there, the people are the ones who can destroy that love and turn it into hatred. But yes, love hurst or should I say, people hurt.

Years
    A good friend of mine's poem said:
    When you see the one you love flirting with someone, it is enough to put a crack in your heart
    But it can still be repaired
    Even when you see a ring on her finger, it is enough to break your heart

Even when you see her kissing someone, it is enough to smash your heart
    But when she says she hates you, your heart is gone
    Beyond any hope of repair

Love. Wonderful. But when it's taken away from you, it hurts. Like hell.

It's different when you're ****/bisexual (I am the latter; EDIT: they won't let me post that? Oo), because usually you think someone of the same gender as you is most likely straight, but you keep trying. If they are straight, the rejection hurts double.

And it also sucks really bad when you develop a crush on a girl...and then her brother too. ;w;

But love...protect yourself, but don't be too protective. You'll find someone eventually. Just keep looking.

Last edited:

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    It's different when you're ****/bisexual (I am the latter; EDIT: they won't let me post that? Oo)
    It depends what word you had typed. If it could be thought of as offensive, it will be starred out.

Anyway, back on topic, I've never fully had a grasp of love. From what I can see, it hurts and I've never met anyone who's convinced me otherwise. ;;

*MitSuKi*

Look I'm your friend, see?
    Years
    Love??? What the heck is that again?
    He, sorry. Love is like...a bittersweet feeling. It feels so good yet it also hurts.
    >.<

Flex-Mon

The Key is in here <3...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    Heh, Its kind of funny when it comes too love because its like a love hate relationship you know....one secound your happy to be in love and the next once someone you love does something wrong like cheat on you or give you a big problem you hate it, but ill quote something someone once told me before "Love isnt something you just do its an Ability that devolpes with the person you have feelings for" ^_^ thats just my opinion

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I agree with what Audy came to realize on the first page. :mudkip^_^:

Love isn't the direct cause of pain after a relationship. I can safely say feelings can get a person really screwed up and it can take a long while to fully recover, but everyone heals in the end. Sometimes it can just take an understanding and appreciation to fully accept what you have as opposed to dreading what you've lost. Love can be found in all the little nooks we have on Earth, but it takes dedication, hope, and a little cleverness to find the right nook.

Back