• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love for Twilight? :o

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • I will, however see the movie. Edward Cullen isn't that bad-looking, :P Besides, who could resist some good vampire action scenes?

Spoiler:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Actually Gummy, it IS implied in the book. Take this from someone who has read the book going on their 5th time -shot-

Spoiler:

But oh well ~o~ I think the movie will be good, not as good as the book of course, but what novel based movie is? :o

I think we're all titled to our own opinion :D That's why I hate it when the kids at our school fight over the book @-@ It's just sort of like...chilll XD;; I simply like the plotline, Stephenie did a good job of telling the story, which makes it so engaging. I'm not really in it for the romance, but the characters mostly.

<3 Alice x3

Last edited by a moderator:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Kay, just wanna give fair warning to any and all who post after this. Please keep spoilers in spoiler tags. >_>; It's really not that hard to do and I, for one, haven't even opened my copy of Twilight, so I don't want to get spoiled before I even start it.

Along with that, I won't be seeing the movie, as I have no interest in the series so far. I'm quite tired of seeing every kid at school holding a copy though. XD It's the main discussion for some reason, but oh well. :D

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Actually Gummy, it IS implied in the book. Take this from someone who has read the book going on their 5th time -shot-

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Almost done with New Moon!
    Spoiler:
    So boring now!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I used to like Twilight back before it went popular and gained mainstream success, now I see it as overrated and the fans (particularly the fangirls) as going overboard.
    The series is good but doesn't rate as the best as many say it is.
    Being a fan of vampire stories, I wouldn't quite consider Twilight a vampire story. It's more just a romance story with a touch of the fantastical and although entertaining, the romance to me seemed a tad superficial as opposed to 'deep' as many put it.
    I don't hate or like Twilight (the story's OK) but I definitely think it's not worth the hype. It's not even that original a story (some scenes echo LJ Smith's Vampire Diaries quartet) so it really angers me to see the extent to which fans will go to defend it as the best literature in existence.
    Personally I'm thinking the movie's going to suck. I don't find Robert Pattinson attractive at all and from what I've seen so far, it doesn't look like something I'll enjoy.

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
  • Oh %^%&% no.............
    I was hoping it wouldn't spread here T.T
    The book repels me, not just since everyone in my school is reading, my girfriend is making me read it and I would rather chew tinfoil than read it!

dawnxmasquerade

a nocturnal concerto
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2008
    Gummy,

Spoiler:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I used to like Twilight back before it went popular and gained mainstream success, now I see it as overrated and the fans (particularly the fangirls) as going overboard.
    The series is good but doesn't rate as the best as many say it is.
    Being a fan of vampire stories, I wouldn't quite consider Twilight a vampire story. It's more just a romance story with a touch of the fantastical and although entertaining, the romance to me seemed a tad superficial as opposed to 'deep' as many put it.
    I don't hate or like Twilight (the story's OK) but I definitely think it's not worth the hype. It's not even that original a story (some scenes echo LJ Smith's Vampire Diaries quartet) so it really angers me to see the extent to which fans will go to defend it as the best literature in existence.
    Personally I'm thinking the movie's going to suck. I don't find Robert Pattinson attractive at all and from what I've seen so far, it doesn't look like something I'll enjoy.
    One of my friends (online, but still :B) saw the movie last night. She loves the series, although she realizes the writing isn't that great, and was joking that "the movie can only be better than the books" and apparently it is. Sounds like the characterization is well done and it moves at a decent pace so... I guess it's worth seeing.

I still havent decided when I'm seeing it. :( I don't want to be in the theatre with a tooooon of fangirls so I'm gonna pose the question here: If you are seeing the movie, when are you going and how many times are you going to go? I have no idea when the theatres are going to quiet down enough for me to see it so maybe this'll shed some light. xD

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    I think Twilight is a somewhat a bad example for girls.

I saw someone else bring up something similar in a different place, I thought about it and agree that it does set a bad example for young girls who are easily influenced (12-14 year olds)…they may not think it is directly impacting their view of love but it could definitely subconsciously affect how they deal with future/current relationships.
    Bella's dependency on Edward is to the extreme. Shutting down when she is without him, insisting that he stay with her. Should girls be like this inlove? Surely this isn't a representation of true love but obsessive fixation on something supernatural? Stephenie's attempt to portray True Love is poor in my view, what about yours? & Discussions on what true love is are perfectly fine too.

*is hoping others have read the book(s) here*

I like the story of twilight in my own imagination as I read it but the characters are weak and the writing poor.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • I have not read the books just yet but thinking about it.

I am going to see the movie this weekend with my sisters.

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
  • @ Lightning: It's getting along well with fans of the books. They say its a good adaption. The mainstream of negative reviews of the movie come from those who wouldn't like the book in the first place.

Being a male Twilighter though, I'll more than likely see it once, this Saturday night.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Oh god XD;

I'm a die-hard Twilighter, and I stayed up until 12:01, waiting in a line for the premiere for 6 hours...

Spoiler:

Years
  • I think Twilight is a somewhat a bad example for girls.

I saw someone else bring up something similar in a different place, I thought about it and agree that it does set a bad example for young girls who are easily influenced (12-14 year olds)…they may not think it is directly impacting their view of love but it could definitely subconsciously affect how they deal with future/current relationships.
    Bella's dependency on Edward is to the extreme. Shutting down when she is without him, insisting that he stay with her. Should girls be like this inlove? Surely this isn't a representation of true love but obsessive fixation on something supernatural? Stephenie's attempt to portray True Love is poor in my view, what about yours? & Discussions on what true love is are perfectly fine too.

*is hoping others have read the book(s) here*

I like the story of twilight in my own imagination as I read it but the characters are weak and the writing poor.

I agree with your opinion of Twilight being a poor example for young girls. Being a feminist, I was somewhat irritated by Bella's constant dependency on Edward as well and how many girls who read the books said they wanted a man like that for themselves.
    I've even heard of cases where boys have been heartbroken after a girl they liked didn't want them anymore because they were 'not like Edward'.

Oh god XD;

I'm a die-hard Twilighter, and I stayed up until 12:01, waiting in a line for the premiere for 6 hours...
    so not worth it. I went in there expecting something different from the books, obviously, but the fact that they said they were trying to stay close to the books and the fact that they totally did but killed it, made me sad lool~ There were SOME cool special effects, but WTF D< The acting was like, uber fail on Robert's part. His facial expressions were so out there o-o Bella was over dramatic, Charlie became an alcoholic, and, and and >< Oh well. Just my opinion -sigh-. It was decent, but not worth the wait.
    Personally I thought the bad acting came through enough in the trailer. + I always thought they could've chosen better actors, especially to play Edward's part. A friend of mine said a classmate downloaded the film to find out what the hype was about and then found the whole thing laughable...especially how he is portrayed as glittering which he apparently said looked really fake.
    I'm still going to see the move...but not with any high expectations of it. To me it seems like another cheesy teen movie and despite reading the books (prior to the whole stupid hype), not to my standards.
    I also have a feeling the reviews aren't going to be all superb either. Just wait till they're on RottenTomatoes or some site like that...I expect them to be rather average...
    Hopefully this whole Twilight thing is just another teen fad in passing...

Last edited:

Vkazuic

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    I've only read the first book, and it was okay. I only just read it because my friends were and something about vampires interests me. XD;

Haven't bothered to read the other books, due to the fact I don't really like to read.. :x

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • Spoiler:

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Correct me if i'm wrong but:

Spoiler:

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    I agree with your opinion of Twilight being a poor example for young girls. Being a feminist, I was somewhat irritated by Bella's constant dependency on Edward as well and how many girls who read the books said they wanted a man like that for themselves.
    I've even heard of cases where boys have been heartbroken after a girl they liked didn't want them anymore because they were 'not like Edward'.

Personally I thought the bad acting came through enough in the trailer. + I always thought they could've chosen better actors, especially to play Edward's part. A friend of mine said a classmate downloaded the film to find out what the hype was about and then found the whole thing laughable...especially how he is portrayed as glittering which he apparently said looked really fake.
    I'm still going to see the move...but not with any high expectations of it. To me it seems like another cheesy teen movie and despite reading the books (prior to the whole stupid hype), not to my standards.
    I also have a feeling the reviews aren't going to be all superb either. Just wait till they're on RottenTomatoes or some site like that...I expect them to be rather average...
    Hopefully this whole Twilight thing is just another teen fad in passing...

I'm going to see the movie but I don't have high expectations of it. Apparently as Edward they could have had Gaspard Ulliel..or however you spell it..the guy who played the young Hannibal in Hannibal: The Rising..... he would make such a hawt Vampire.

Awww I feel sorry for the guys who went through that, that must have been a blow to the self esteem.

Imagine if a girl said that to her boyfriend without realizing he was slightly insane.. and he bit her just to prove a point XPPP

Back