• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love...

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I hate love. C:

Seriously. I've never been in love, or with anyone in my entire life. It upsets me when I think about it.. because people say I'm pretty and all, aye? Well.. I think the reason I have a hard time believing such comments on my appearance, and because I have such low self-esteem, is because I haven't been with someone to MAKE me feel I am pretty.. My crushes? Never returned. Which makes me feel x10 worse about myself. Makes me feel I won't find anyone.. even though people say I will someday, I also have a hard time believing that too because my crushes are never returned.

I am sick of seeing 12 year olds going through girl/boyfriends like it's their last day on earth. They don't even know the darned meaning of the word love. While me? I'm sitting here wishing and hoping someone, just someone I like would like me back for once. All the time, all the freakin' time I am led on by guys I waste my time liking. So now, I just keep crushes to myself. It's ruined friendships with numerous friends I had here. So yeah, thanks a lot love.

When I see couples in the street.. I always say in my mind "I hope that can be me someday.. being held in someone's arms.. to be loved."

I get so sad over love and the stupid negative emotions it gives off.

So yes. I hate love. Until I find someone to love as my own.. and to feel the positives emotions of it, I will always hate it.

/rant over

This is pretty much exactly how I feel every day. I hate seeing other people in love. So much, in fact, that every year, on valentine's day, I try to ruin at least one relationship.

Yeah, I know. It's "mean". But when you're this lonely, it makes you feel temporarily happy.

Even worse is that fact that I KNOW I'll never find anyone. And why?

It's because nearly all the girls in my town are total ****s. They go around having sex with every guy who plays sports, or looks "hot".

I hate them more than anything else in the world. Because of them, I'll never find anyone.

But Valentine's Day is coming soon. And I can't wait to destroy somebody else's "love".

Gwahahahahaha!

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Love is overused, and overrated. :I
    Well, that's my opinion. Alot of my friends have suffered because of "Love". Even though it's not really love, but lust. Confess, get rejected, etc.
    Some people also overuse the term love. Especially over the internet.
    Yeah, I've never been in "love". But I do think that true love is caring for somebody and being by them when they need help, or are in trouble. I love my friends, and my family.
    I also hate how most teenagers are controlled by their hormones, and then label it as love, and then say they are sick of love later on. This makes me angry because they don't understand what love is. <_>

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This is pretty much exactly how I feel every day. I hate seeing other people in love. So much, in fact, that every year, on valentine's day, I try to ruin at least one relationship.

Yeah, I know. It's "mean". But when you're this lonely, it makes you feel temporarily happy.

Even worse is that fact that I KNOW I'll never find anyone. And why?

It's because nearly all the girls in my town are total ****s. They go around having sex with every guy who plays sports, or looks "hot".

I hate them more than anything else in the world. Because of them, I'll never find anyone.

But Valentine's Day is coming soon. And I can't wait to destroy somebody else's "love".

Gwahahahahaha!

I know that this is your life and all, but just because you yourself are unhappy with the whole love thing doesn't give you the right to intervene on someone else's happiness. It's rude and inconsiderate, especially since I'm sure the case is that none of those people did anything to hurt you directly. While I may hate seeing other couples in love and I feel lonely at times, I'm not going to go trying to break them up or anything. It's not my job to come in and screw around with other peoples' lives. And I hate to sound rude, but you say you know why you'll never find someone, but you gave the wrong reason. And not every girl is a hussy, for the record. From what I've seen here, and from various other posts, the reason it would be hard for you to find someone is because you don't make yourself out to be someone anyone wants to love.

"Anyone that interferes in the romance of others should be kicked by a horse and die."

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • I agree. You know, not all relationships are bad. Sure, it might be annoying seeing couples together. But you really shouldn't ruin that. If the two don't match each other, they'll eventually break up anyway.
    Also, this might sound.. preachy? Anyway,
    Imagine if sooner or later, you get into a relationship, and then somebody ruined it on purpose. Wouldn't you feel somewhat miserable?

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    The only "couples" I interfere with are those that are most definitely NOT based on love. Those relationships based solely on lust are the only ones I would wreck. And why? Because every single day at my high school, I see girls being abused by their so-called "boyfriends". Being treated as sex objects.

I don't like it.

Call me what you want, but those relationships aren't love.

And those girls are better off single.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Love is a complex human emotion derived from the primitive feeling of sexual attraction with a strong basis on religion. That's not to say love is religious, but it does contain the same amount of mystery in its true understanding and function.

Through a family relationship, love is default and strong, but not unconditional. People say its unconditional, but natural human emotion and decision will always be capable of the breakage of that bond. This kind of love is simply an infrastructure to the desire to ensure welfare and honor blood relations and culture, all natural to humanity.

A relationship, obviously, will contain a different definition of love. Primitively, natural sexual desire is the base of love. From there builds another certain emotion that marks why love cannot be completely defined: Caring. It's definitely not a primitive emotion, it is shown in nature besides humanity, but the emotion does not contribute to the management of homeostasis, therefore it's not completely natural. This emotion is the base as to why people in love act the way they act. This is completely human, and made as a result of our increased intelligence and complement to our ancient religions

</microthesis>

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • The only "couples" I interfere with are those that are most definitely NOT based on love. Those relationships based solely on lust are the only ones I would wreck. And why? Because every single day at my high school, I see girls being abused by their so-called "boyfriends". Being treated as sex objects.

I don't like it.

... :I
    Okay, go nuts. Girls being abused is awful. Especially as sex objects.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    ... :I
    Okay, go nuts. Girls being abused is awful. Especially as sex objects.

You know. The sad truth is... You're the only guy within my general age group (2 years difference) I've ever seen who thinks that.

I give you a round of applause.

Slow-Clap.gif

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The only "couples" I interfere with are those that are most definitely NOT based on love. Those relationships based solely on lust are the only ones I would wreck. And why? Because every single day at my high school, I see girls being abused by their so-called "boyfriends". Being treated as sex objects.

I don't like it.

Well yes, those relationships are one to end, however we're not to judge that they're not real love. But they should end, regardless of whether or not the two love each other, because as much as the abused one in the relationship can hope for, the abuse will just keep happening. It won't end, and it's best you get out of there immediately. Abuse is a horrible thing, emotional or physical. Been on that end of the rope before, and although I got out of it, I wish I had done it sooner; I felt threatened during that time and didn't know what to do, though. But I didn't want to be in that position anymore.

But with abuse and such in mind, then yes, those girls are best single, and deserve much better. The guys that bring upon abuse (and hey, even girls can be abusive) should get help. And if they refuse that, I hope they stay alone in their lives. No one is worth their time or the pain they can bring.

Regarding the first thing you said though, I thought you meant couples that actually had a chance. And if you were "ruining" an abusive relationship, you probably should have used another term. Like rescue, saving, etc.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Yeah, I suppose I could have worded it better.

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
  • I don't really care much about romantic love these days. I think it's nice, but overrated and unnecessary.

I've had a friend that I've known for... probably eight years now. We were best friends in middle and high school, practically like sisters. We went through everything from typical high school woes, bad breakups, the suicide of a mutual friend, and family issues together.

When I think back on the "good old days" now that we're so much older and more distant, I'm awash in so much happiness and appreciation for everything we have and have ever had together, that I don't know how I could ever want more from someone than true friendship. Maybe it's just because I've been so nostalgic lately. I've been with her since we were preteens who had just started dating, and now she's a grown woman who's getting married and graduating college. It brings out a lot of feelings.

Romantic love has so many strings attached, so many demands, expectations, and bothers on top of all the usual ones, that I don't see how it could possibly be worth it for someone who's childfree, anyway. Chalk it up to bad experience or the same broken thing that makes me not want a family, maybe, but there's no shortage of anything relationships give elsewhere.

I define love as a deep, moving appreciation and often selflessness towards someone. By the way.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    I think the concept of love is pretty stupid. Sure I can or watch romance novels or movies, but it's all a script. I mean, the word is so misused anyway. It all just gets in the way~ I mean it's good to have ...um... moments? of love I guess? But I don't really believe real love exists. In relationships, I don't really think it's love.... maybe "lust at first sight" (quoted from a friend) but not "love at first sight" Besides, those people who think they're gonna go and get married right outta high school are idiots. They'll just add to the divorce rate -_-" Anyway, no, not really a big fan~

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    True love is indescribable. Having never been in true love, I don't have anything else to say about it.

But I do find people who consider love to be something they hate broken individuals with misguided souls due to harm in their life or overbearing protection from getting hurt. When you put love on the line, you're opening up to a world of good, but you're also setting yourself for your entire world to crash down, which is why I think people should be a little more careful when they go sprouting the word love at everything and everyone as if it's some type of candy.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • Love? How hard is it to describe a four letter word? Very indescribable.

Love...it means to be with someone who get's you. Someone who knows you. To fall in love with someone you know is when you have feelings for that certian someone.

On the other hand, love can be just a illusion. You think it's there, but it's not because in the end some may have found it to be nothing but just a lye. Or a deception. Something too good to be true.

That's why love is hard to describe~

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Me? I believe in love. I believe there is that "honeymoon period" when everything is wonderful and brimming with firworks and passion and all that stuff they talk about in the movies or whatever. But after a while, the initial spark fades doesnt it? And naturally so. This is where I'd branch off into my "tweenies thinking they're in love and breaking up after a month" argument but you guys have pretty much covered it for me. :)

This is where I feel the line between infatuation and love lies. If you can stick together well beyond the honeymoon phase [i.e. the loss of the initial passion and reproductive instinct] then I believe it should be classed as more than infatuation. I think its wrong to believe that people stay together for 10, 20, 50 years still in that honeymoon stage and without any argument or misunderstanding. Loving relationships take work but in return you get companionship, loyalty, a best friend as well as a lover. There's going to be doubts, confusion, grey areas [we're all only human] but it's up to you to decide if you love this person enough to fight through that.

I'll sum it up with a quote from Scrubs: "I always thought that when relationships were right, they were easy and even when things got hard.....they were easy." [Sorry if its not the exact quote, its just off the top of my head n.n']

Back