• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Low-rated anime, but you enjoyed it anyways.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Loveless full stop. Yes it's got gay romance but that's not the main focus. It pays more attention to the issues the characters are going through than the "Oh let's make out" stuff.

I agree with the Pokemon on this. I don't like it as much anymore but at least Ash is getting somewhere.

Origin: Spirits of the Past was amazing and from a lot of commentary I've seen in places, hated. The plot wasn't very interesting, people said but to me it was very beautiful

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yup many times, and I loved them.

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, ranked pretty low but I loved it.
    Mayoi Neko Overrun!, ranked low but I still enjoyed it.
    Omamori Himari, also ranked low, but I got into it.

Among with some others.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I can't actually think of much. I tend to steer clear of series that get generally bad reviews. D: I guess there's things like Mainichi Kaasan that no one else I know even watches that I really like... and I suppose I don't know anyone else who liked Love Hina as much as I did, but for the most part I don't watch things that rate badly. u_u I barely have the time to keep up with the stuff everyone loves and says I should watch, nevermind things that slip through the cracks. D:
    People really hate the Hong-Kong-made English sub of Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I love it because the subs for it are so bad.
    ...how can anyone hate that? I absolutely loved those! Not only was it really the only way for me to get ahold of (and somewhat understand) the original series, but it was comedic gold!!

My favourite was in the first season when every name except Yugi's would change every few episodes. Bakura was the worst, I think he had like 6 names in 8 episodes at some point. And Kaiba was Seahorse Lion or something. Good times!

Though now I suppose YGO can totally count as something I really enjoyed but was overall not very good when I stand back and look at it. Oh well. XD;

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    ..and I suppose I don't know anyone else who liked Love Hina as much as I did..

I did enjoy it a lot, as well xD It was hilarious.

As for me, I recently watched Sands of Destruction, an anime rated badly on MAL and ANN, nevertheless, I enjoyed it a lot. Indeed, the story is in fact cliche and you finish it with many unsolved events, but it was entertaining it watch and I liked the characters. It's not on my favorite anime for sure, but it was a nice short 13-episode series.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I was going to say Natsume Yujinchou.. but that series eventually ranked pretty well.

Even though it's still not as well known as some, it seems to have a smaller cult following. xD;

Although, I love, and have seen multiple times I, My, Me, Strawberry Eggs. It can't really decide on whether it's a fan-servicey Shonen series, or a slice of life Shoujo, but it's cute as heck in an odd way. Now it's considered an older series, since it's 2003-ish, and hardly anyone knows what it is, but oh well. I have no idea why, but it ranks up there with Angel Beats, Bleach, etc on my list of favs. All pervy-ness aside, it has a good story.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I can't actually think of much. I tend to steer clear of series that get generally bad reviews. D: I guess there's things like Mainichi Kaasan that no one else I know even watches that I really like... and I suppose I don't know anyone else who liked Love Hina as much as I did, but for the most part I don't watch things that rate badly. u_u I barely have the time to keep up with the stuff everyone loves and says I should watch, nevermind things that slip through the cracks. D:

...how can anyone hate that? I absolutely loved those! Not only was it really the only way for me to get ahold of (and somewhat understand) the original series, but it was comedic gold!!

My favourite was in the first season when every name except Yugi's would change every few episodes. Bakura was the worst, I think he had like 6 names in 8 episodes at some point. And Kaiba was Seahorse Lion or something. Good times!

Though now I suppose YGO can totally count as something I really enjoyed but was overall not very good when I stand back and look at it. Oh well. XD;

For serious. How can anyone hate a show with such awesome subs? D:

Back