• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lucario

PokéMartin

The Lonesome Drifter
Years

• I've been thinking, shouldn't Lucario be Fighting/Psychic type? I know there is already Medicham that is Fighting/Psychic, but I just feel that it is more suited to Lucario than Fighting/Steel

What do you think???

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Phycic/Steel wouldnt be bad, I guess. I honestly dont see its point in being Steel. xD

Phycic seems the better choice, I must admit. xD

Years
  • I actually believe that the Steel typing works perfectly. I can not see a Lucario that is typed Psychic. Just. No.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I like its typing, and the fact that its only got that typing because of three spikes.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • fighting and dark would be cool but i rather have a gallade and lucario is ok as is even though it could be better

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • I wouldn't want Psychic, just fighting. Believe me, I was pissed when I found out he would be part steel type. :P

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • The "steel" part never made sense to me, because no part of Lucario seems really quite "steel-like" (you could possibly argue the spikes, but there's no data or anything confirming this)

Lucario always looked like a plain fighting type to me. I can see where people are getting the psychic type part from, but I just don't see it going through all the way.

Years
  • The "steel" part never made sense to me, because no part of Lucario seems really quite "steel-like" (you could possibly argue the spikes, but there's no data or anything confirming this)

Lucario always looked like a plain fighting type to me. I can see where people are getting the psychic type part from, but I just don't see it going through all the way.

Yeah, I sometimes almost forget it's part steel...it just doesn't "look" steel to me. I think just plain Fighting would have been good.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Actually, if you think about Lucario's fighting skills, he can almost be related to Superman without flight or lasers, Superman as you obviously know, is referred to as "The Man of Steel"....

...I know that was stupid, but what else could there be? -_-'

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I dont have a clue how it's steel :\. I mean,to me it looks like a plain fighting type :\ (Maybe it could be a Fighting/Psychic type but...:\. Honestly, I still can't see how its steel. :\

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    i thought it would be better as a psychic too, but over time i grew better to the idea that it was a steel/fighting type. i like it :)

except it's weakness to ground and fighting. i hate that.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I've been thinking, shouldn't Lucario be Fighting/Psychic type? I know there is already Medicham that is Fighting/Psychic, but I just feel that it is more suited to Lucario than Fighting/Steel

What do you think???
    Lucario looks nothing like a Psychic, so it doesn't deserve to be a Psychic.

I still think Lucario should just have been a pure Fighting type.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Actually, if you think about Lucario's fighting skills, he can almost be related to Superman without flight or lasers, Superman as you obviously know, is referred to as "The Man of Steel"....

...I know that was stupid, but what else could there be? -_-'

Well, both Lucario's abilities involve flinching, so we could argue Lucario's "iron will"...

Okay, that wasn't any better, but I have no problems with it being Fighting and Steel anyway, so...

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Possibly because of being able to "bone" attacks, which is a bit like steel-ish lol. Lucario also spends all its time living in mountains (Rock-, Ground-, Steel-types live) training to become better at its skills. Its name derives from the part of Japanese spelling orichalcum in reverse which shows its mystical design and being a Steel-type. Lucario is also based off of a Egyptian god Anubis which has the head of jackal. Anubis was also called He who is upon his mountain, saying he was a protector of the mountains and the deceased. Maybe the way Lucario attacks like Flash Cannon is in a way of magnet forces and such? =P I actually don't know...

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years

• I've been thinking, shouldn't Lucario be Fighting/Psychic type? I know there is already Medicham that is Fighting/Psychic, but I just feel that it is more suited to Lucario than Fighting/Steel

What do you think???

Agreed. The only metal part on him are the spikes on his forehands.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I never see Lucario as a part Steel type.

His aura attacks are kinda Psychic-like ....

.... Lucario is Pokémon's version of Superman?!

Back