• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lucario..

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
  • Do you think it was a good idea to make Lucario a common, non-legendary pokemon? Personally, I didn't quite like it, I felt that it damaged the effect of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, because when Lucario rejoins Aaron, the effect would be greater should Lucario be a pokemon that was unique, and only one. What's your opinion?

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Yeah, I agree.. perhaps because I'm just too used to watching movies which feature a legendary.. so I'm not too used to it as well =/

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years
  • Lucario was mean't to be a Legendary but Nintendo made him a common because a pokemon developer had already made a pre-evolution form of him..so they made him a common...I actually don'[t get it since Manefly had a pre-evolution form and it's a legendary/promotional pokemon.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • Yeah

Not only that, the effect of a movie...for example if they made a movie about an Alakazam that dies at the end, it wouldn't be so drastic and eye-watering. The effect of the movie is sadly really destroyed, for it would be great if you saw a legendary pokemon who arose from many years of sleep to join its friend, Aaron. In comparison, try putting a common pokemon in there...it doesn't seem to work out. Also, even if it was a pre-evolution that the developer made, would you demolish a movie just for that one sprite?

And Mario Famous, when you breed Manafi, (not Manefly lol) you don't get a pre-evolution, you get a weaker version of Manafi. That version will NEVER evolve into Manafi. So technically its not a pre-evolution.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Not only that, the effect of a movie...for example if they made a movie about an Alakazam that dies at the end, it wouldn't be so drastic and eye-watering. The effect of the movie is sadly really destroyed, ....

yes, I agree.. and referring to movie 5 (Lati@s), it was sad when Latios died a the end..

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • confusion

yeah, it doesn't make the game in comparison to the movies accurate and that can really confuse you. Latios dying, you think its a legendary, but then why can you catch it? Then you go into things like "Oh, the time of the game is before and that or after that,etc." They should really have considered previous movies before making the games. Or at least have a scene where Latios is "reawakened by Latias" or something like that to flow with all other Pokemon Media Productions.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    yeah, it doesn't make the game in comparison to the movies accurate and that can really confuse you. Latios dying, you think its a legendary, but then why can you catch it?

But the game and the Anime are two seperate continuities. They don't even encounter Pokemon in the same places. So comparing them is a moot point.

Years
  • I think it was like the Unown in the third movie: a rarity to enhance the plot, not revolve around the plot as that's what the Legendaries are for (normally). Of course, they also want to promote the heck out of D/P, so they probably chose one that was good to go, while the others were being coded. I have nothing to back that up, though.

Besides, you got Mew and the Regis in this movie, so you had your Legendary fix anyway. Does it all matter? Heh.

And to be a tad off-topic, SBaby, I'm in awe of your icon. If nothing else than being one of the few to actually know and love Bucky O'Hare. I'd squee if I could? Heh.

Back