• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lucid dreaming!

Years
  • I had one, once. I was completely aware I was having a nightmare, and I tried to wake up, but I couldn't. Have any of you ever had one like that?
    Yeah.Anyway,I did have a rather unusual dream,a couple of nights ago.I was going to school in the middle of the holidays,then I realised I didn't have a shirt on(And I'm overweight!)Then I went back home the way I usually do,when I had spun around.I came down a unusual street,when a mad American said I shoudn't be on that street,and tried killing me by throwing objects at me.I saw a Suicune in that dream.Anyway,he killed me by hitting me on the head with a hammer and then put me on a electric chair.I reckon that dream was influnced by Jason(You know,the guy with a machete and a hockey mask?No,not Micheal Myers.).And then,the night after that I had a really funny dream.I reckon that continued from the first dream and I was in Heaven.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I've had 1. I was in an unknown classroom (with only 1 person I actually know) and realised it didn't seem at all right and deduced I must be dreaming, I then made the best of the situation and started dancing naked on my table (my clothes just sort of vanished). After a while I just lay down on my table and started talking to the girl I knew (still naked mind you, though it seemed perfectly logical at the time), told her it was a dream and just lay there until I blinked, causing me to wake up (this is how most of my dreams end).

In hindsight I wish I'd made more use out of my effective god-like power in that dream and flown or something cool like that. Hindsight sucks.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Ohohoho... Prepare for some mind explosions, because they are about to go *Boom*! XD
    When I enter this state, I usually create a world for me to live in. This procces is hard, because if I think intensly of something, it happens, so if I think of monsters while I'm creating the world, they appear there. Even If I think: "Please don't turn that puppy into a monster" or "Don't let the monster stare at me in a scary fashion" it happens. I liked the dream where my mission was to kill all the wolves in the canyon by using pillows. XD
    One time, I was this supa-ninja-human-bunnie from Hellø. XD
    I had traveled forward in time by using a mad hatter, and I got a jetpack and sword. I was in a dessert, in the middle of a war. I could fly and slaymy enemies, and they could never catch me. I loved to scale the Mountain, only to discover it looked a lot like a level from halo 3.
    XD

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I have these every night and I never get sick of them! XD Playing around with my OCs in my dreams is so much fun. And that's where they're always gonna stay--in my dreams.

I think it's because I don't actually sleep at night, I either totally pass out or I stay awake for a long time. I have a habit of waking up at 6 AM everyday for school. I sleep during math

The problem is, I wake up every minute or two (even at say, 3 AM) and it's impossible for me to properly sleep (what I call totally passing out. That's when I get all my random dreams). In my case, lucid dreaming requires me to be in a half-asleep state, yet awake enough to think about things (sounds ironic, I know, but it works for me).

See, I visit different universes I create every day. Sometimes it's from an anime/manga, sometimes it's IRL (usually a city like New York). But I always keep the same OCs because I love them so. :'D

Sometimes the dream will start out like an RPG--I'll be forced to go on some sort of quest and really creepy things will happen to me. For some reason, it's always in a modern world and I can't change that. o.0 I must be crazy, obviously

Wikipedia said:
    Good dream recall is often described as the first step towards lucid dreaming

Well, I'm usually able to recall my dreams quite accurately. Yay!

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • Well, the only lucid dream of mine I can remember right now is one I had a few years ago. In it, there was a crocodile in my grandparent's front yard. I knew I was dreaming at that moment, so I let the crocodile eat me. Just as it started to, I woke up.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I have almost always noticed I'm dreaming... I always thought that was normal. T_T

Well, they are cool. You get to do anything... ANYTHING you want. :P

Ive had a few that weren't though...and it was scary. :O :P

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    You can't wake up at will even if you are lucid?

I'm trying to use WILD method, and it's too hard

Latiace

I'm back!
    Years
  • Ohohoho... Prepare for some mind explosions, because they are about to go *Boom*! XD
    When I enter this state, I usually create a world for me to live in. This procces is hard, because if I think intensly of something, it happens, so if I think of monsters while I'm creating the world, they appear there. Even If I think: "Please don't turn that puppy into a monster" or "Don't let the monster stare at me in a scary fashion" it happens. I liked the dream where my mission was to kill all the wolves in the canyon by using pillows. XD
    One time, I was this supa-ninja-human-bunnie from Hellø. XD
    I had traveled forward in time by using a mad hatter, and I got a jetpack and sword. I was in a dessert, in the middle of a war. I could fly and slaymy enemies, and they could never catch me. I loved to scale the Mountain, only to discover it looked a lot like a level from halo 3.
    XD
    Heh, I am never bored of your randomness! XD

I wish I could dream like that... I'll try harder.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This sounds exciting. Unfortunately, I've never had one of these before. Usually, whenever I realize that I'm dreaming it's when I wake up... like a normal dream. :(

From what I'm told by others, I've entered one of those deep sleeps, though. I think those are when you're sleeping, but you can hear what's going on around you and talk and all that. If that counts for something.

Back