• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lucid Dreams - Have you had one?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    This happens to me a lot, as well, but I usually remember my dreams.

I also have what I call hyper realism dreams, in which everything seems more detailed than real life. It's kind of hard to describe, but its like being in a dream in which everything has been enhanced by a photoshop professional. I even have 3D dreams, which are the strangest things ever: it's like I can perceive the space inside my head, and the scenes are taking place in complete 3D in that space.

So yeah. Strangeness abounds in my mind.

I've had those too, but for that 3d view thing, I can do that anytime. Take right now for instance, I'm sitting on my bed typing on my computer, I can perceptualize in 3d me standing in front of the Fridge or the view of myself driving from outside the car. and its not just myself I can put anyone in there. its really weird and would probably make me a really good interior designer, but I'll stick with photoshop.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I've probably had one, but I could never remember it. x_x;;

That reminds me, a great tip for everyone. If you really want to remember on the occurences of your dreams, you will get best results if you force yourself to wake up from your dream and back to reality. Leave your eyes closed and try to recall out something that happen in your dream, you should remember at least something about your dream.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Aye. You seem to be quite the expert on the world of unconsciousness.

I usually don't think about it much, but I have these types of dreams
    very often, or not at all. I have them more often when I sleep for
    long periods of time, but since I'm on the verge of becoming
    insomnious, I'm losing my dreams completely.

I've learned to force these "lucid' dreams upon myself, though.
    After I get home, I am able to lie down on my bed and think for
    hours, then fall asleep and do anything I please.

Though, I spend most of my time in my dreams, ironically,
    sleeping; or not so ironically, falling.

When my brother has these dreams, he becomes a somniloquist
    and mumbles incessantly about World of Warcraft -__________-

Sometimes, I even regain consciousness in my sleep, but when I try
    to get up in this dream-state, I find that my body is completely
    immobilized (well, obviously, since I'm still asleep). It's just so
    irritating when you want to get up.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I have extreme trouble remembering what I dreamed.. a few seconds after waking and I can completely forget what happened, but I'm pretty certain that I've never had a lucid dream ever before- they sound incredibly fun, though.

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
    V.Valentine said:
    I have extreme trouble remembering what I dreamed.. a few seconds after waking and I can completely forget what happened

Hehe, me too. I have such a bad memory, I never really remember my dreams about a couple of seconds later.

Anyway; I believe I do have lucid dreams.. actually I get it a lot. Where I say.. "This is a dream! This is a dream!" only when things go bad in the dream.. like.. I think I was like jumping around like there was no gravity.. and then suddenly I see a dead person and I say that. Strange.. and incredibly stupid.

Oh! And I had a dream where my dog passed away, and I started to cry, and then I suddenly woke up, my stomach felt heavy and my eyes were really wet, like I was actually crying. Funny. >:

I was thinking of keeping a dream diary.. since I just love my dreams. <3 But does anyone here actually do that?

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Of course, they specifically referred those kinds of diaries as dream journals. Some people actually use these journals to not only keep a good dream into memory, but to interpret their meaning with your life on reality. If you keep sharp attention toward your dream world and write down many things about it, you may start to see a pattern on how it can relate to your real life self. It's life seeing the future, but not necessarily. It's more of grasping the hidden thoughts that lie deep within your subconscious.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I used to lucid dream quite regularly. Lately, though, I haven't really done it. I used to have very in-depth and weird lucid dreams, and write detailed chronicles of them, but as of late... It feels rather as if something I was accustomed to was wrenched from me.

DMNT

Prismatic.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    Well, I have sometimes been aware that I'm dreaming, but I've never actually been able to control the dream.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    XD; Just had one this morning.

I was basically in a real-world Oblivion and I knocked killed a guy, then pick pocketed him for all this nice looking gear. Then I had to fight two giant hands throughout the port town.

Don't ask. My dreams are weird. But, yeah. I controlled it all. .__.;

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I've had those too, but for that 3d view thing, I can do that anytime. Take right now for instance, I'm sitting on my bed typing on my computer, I can perceptualize in 3d me standing in front of the Fridge or the view of myself driving from outside the car. and its not just myself I can put anyone in there. its really weird and would probably make me a really good interior designer, but I'll stick with photoshop.

Hooray for extremely late posts. I, for one, cannot control this type of dream. They usually happen while I'm in bed right before I go to sleep (don't know if they'd be called dreams in this case, but I can't control them and they seem to do whatever they want, so I'll just say they're dreams). Anyways, it's a little different than imagining a 3D space...it's so hard to explain. It's like I'm literally looking into my mind, and then some type of object appears, as if it was actually physically lodged within my head. I can see it as well as feel it, so to speak.

Its like a real-life object has suddenly materialized inside my non-real-life thoughts. I sometimes wonder if I'm like creating what I see somewhere else, like I'm imagining it and it's materializing on someone's nightstand in Japan or something, and I'm watching it being created. I probably sound like a lunatic now (which doesn't mean I'm not), but that's the best way I can describe it, unless I wrote a book about it or something.

Dark Magician

The Black lightinig
    Years
    Actually I had one about two or three days ago. I joined kickboxing not two long ago and Ive been wrestling for a while, then I watched the comercial for the upcomming MMA movie (dont know the name of it) and it got me really pumped then I fell asleep and had a dream of some friends and I getting a job at McDonalds and it was a lonely night. No constumers at all and I has just cashed my check. Then some people came in demanding money, we told them he didnt had luck with costumers that day, they told us to give them all our money and we all acted like we were broke, but i has my wallet with my money in it in my back pocket. On of them reached into my pocket and felt my wallet and tried to take it but I ran away. He kept on trying to pull me and I woke up... Then I was like man I hope I have the same dream again, C'mon Im a wrestler. So I fell asleep and my dream started where it has left off, so I went for a double leg take down and by know I was aware the this was all a dream and the more I took control of my dream the slower I moved until it got to the point to where I just woke up

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Actually everyone dreams, you completely forget 90% of them and can't recall them at all (even seconds after waking).

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Well back in my younger days I watched Power Rangers *cough* so I so wanted to be a real one (I am dumb T_T) So I forced myself to dream I was one XD

Embrace

>Chikorita<
    Years
    Once is the only time I can remember. I was in the lake district but my IBS wasn't playing up so I knew it was dream, it is quite fun. ( God i'm tired )

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I have before.

Usually they're when I have bad dreams (except when I'm sick, I always get bad dreams when I'm sick and I can never control them), so if my parents were being murdered or something in a dream, I always find a way to save them.

And also when I dream about anime. LOL

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Yep, Darth Maul from Star Wars was in my house ready to battle me, I was stubborn, and I kept on saying "Come on WAKE UP!" or, "When Will I wake up?"
    So finally, right before I was getting ready to bring out my super-de-duper lightsaver, one of my cats woke me up. Yep, true story.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Waah, yes! XD

I never really do anything except close my eyes really tightly though in the dream a few times and then end up waking up IRL, because it's usually a nightmare when it happens.

Back