• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Luckiest in-game moment

Years
    What was your luckiest moment in game? When did you feel on top of the world?
    Whether it be scoring a critical hit to faint Cynthia's Garchomp with 5 health left, catching Mewtwo with a Poke Ball, or anything else, feel free to post it here.

Personally, my luckiest moment (considering my horrid luck) was finding a feebas spot, WHILE I was searching for a feebas in Mt. Coronet. The best part was the location, the LOWER LEFT corner of Mt. Coronet, I was enthralled.

Before I ramble on about my own fortune, what was your luckiest moment in-game?

XBA

Goth Pokemon FTW.
    Years
    You actually mentioned one of mine. :D
    First time playing Fire Red, I only had a level 60 Fearow left against Mewtwo.
    I only had 5 regular Pokeballs left.
    I figure, "Hey, I guess I'll just waste all these too."
    So I threw one, and caught it. o.O

I also have one more.

I was facing Wattson, and it was my Breloom vs. Manectric.
    Last Pokemon for both of us.
    I'm down to yellow health.
    He's in the green.
    He uses Quick Attack or something of the sort on me.
    I use Mach Punch and knock him into the very low red.
    I fall into the red.
    But Breloom's ability (Effect Spore) kicked in.
    And it poisoned him.
    I won the match because of my lucky Breloom. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Okay, I don't know if this was luck for if my dragonite was a beast. I was going through the elite four in Blue one time and was just having this awful luck. By the time I got to the rival, all I had left was a level 57 paralyzed dragonite with 1/2 health. I don't know how I did it, but almost every attack was a critical or super effective and I beat him.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I caught Moltres in an ordinary Poke Ball in LeafGreen. I also had not one, not two, not three, but four shiny Pokemon, all encountered through dumb luck in Platinum (Roselia, Sneasel, Marill and Blissey).

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Was randomly walking around route 1 in my firered after beating the E4 for the first time... and a pokemon suddenly appeared! I almost pressed "run" but when i saw what appeared... it was a SHINY RATATTATA!!!! Still kept it in my pc in my diamond.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I'm not sure if this counts because this happened in a rom hack, but here it is: In an older beta for Pokemon Prism, I got pokerus when I was somewhere near the first gym! The luckiest moment of mine that happened on an actual cartridge was on Diamond, when I got a shiny Bibarel, which is now my main HM slave!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Yellow version. Blaine's lv.54 Arcanine against my last pokemon, my lv.15 HM Slave Lapras. Confuse Ray hax + Surf = "Player has won the VolcanoBadge!"

Kelp

<3
    Years
    I somehow managed to find a shiny Abra while chaining at only a streak of 4. x)

But if I told you how that ended, it wouldn't be considered lucky anymore. xD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Finding a shiny Whismur, Golbat, Fearow, Ekans, and Fushide. :D Haha, any shiny I consider lucky! As for battle moments, in Yellow, my Pikachu managed to defeat the highest level Pokemon against Koga, Sabrina, and Blaine. I'm not sure how that happened. Oh, and when I was trying to raise point from the Pokethlon for a Water Stone, I managed to actually win each competition. And I had so many disadvantages. For one, I couldn't read it since my SoulSilver is Japanese, and I also hardly had any Pokemon to pick from, and the ones I did have didn't have the greatest Pokethlon stats. So...idk. XD

-Pacman-

*Insert title here*
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    This didn't happen to me, but to my friend in Soulsilver...he was going to catch Suicune. He threw an ultra ball without ever attacking. He got it.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    My Garchomp SURVIVING a Dragon Rush from Cynthia's Garchomp with 13HP, managing to pull off a Dragon Rush myself, then surviving a Flamethrower with 1HP, AND Pulling off ANOTHER Dragon Rush for the win! Luckiest moment EVAR!!!!!!

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    On another ROM Hack, Pokémon Brown, I was against the electric leader (can't remember his name), all my party out and all I had left was a little Cubone which I had forgotten about until now. Electric dude is down to his last Pokémon too, but it's a beast of a Raichu with almost full HP.

The Raichu only knew Electric-type moves.

Luckiest in-game moment

Luckiest moment ever. With a Lv. 24 Cubone I managed to defeat a Lv. 66 Raichu. It was so epic I took a screenshot. WIN FOR THE LITTLE GUY!! :D

Years
    That I got the pokérus virus in my pearl version. :3

And haha, that must be a strong little cubone. XD

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    Happened today in Pearl. Finished a battle and my Starly evolved and immediately following his evolution, my Shinx evolved. I lol'd.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Catching two shiny Pokemon, I guess. :) A Shiny Steelix in Pokemon Platinum at Victory Road (I've lost the game, though. :() Also, I caught a shiny Meowth at the route near Moo Moo Farm in Pokemon Soul Silver. :) It looks ugly though, but shiny Persian looks alright, so I'll have to evolve it at some point. I guess I also got lucky when I traded a Poliwhirl for a shiny Glameow. I bet they thought the Poliwhirl was holding a Kings Rock. It wasn't. XD

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    Catching Zapdos with a Pokeball on my old Red. I swear to God I lost some iQ points from screaming and running around so much that day.

Years
    In HeartGold on Christmas a few days ago, I beat all the Kanto Gym Leaders with a team of my highest level being 53 at the end of my match with Blue along with catching Zapdos in a Pokeball, Articuno after it struggled and KO'd itself four times and Mewtwo in an Ultra Ball I threw by accident

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Would definitely have to be today, when I critical hit Tate and Liza's Lunatone with one move after they'd just healed it. Took him down and the battle was done. I was running low on revives and potions, so, I was scared I'd lose that one. I considered it very lucky.

Back