• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Luckiest moments on Pokemon X and Y?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Woohoo! Just caught my first shiny after getting the shiny charm. It's a gorgeous blue Ditto with the Imposter ability! :D
    I am anxious to get the Shiny Charm. I am practically done with acquiring Pokedex entries for all of the regular Pokemon. Now I just need to start finding good trade-bait for the legends.

Congrats on Ditto!

Years
  • I am anxious to get the Shiny Charm. I am practically done with acquiring Pokedex entries for all of the regular Pokemon. Now I just need to start finding good trade-bait for the legends.

Congrats on Ditto!

Thanks! :)

I traded an extra shiny that I already had (Ninetails) for a Regice and then chain traded legendaries until I had them all! :D

In other good news, the Pokebank is finally available in the US and I got my Celebi! ;)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Dunno if I posted this in here or not. Spent a week searching for Shiny Honedge. Was getting both tired and frustrated. While at work I decided to finally give up and went to leave the route where Honedge was found. As soon as I took a step I found a Shiny Honedge with my first encounter of the day. On my lunch break no less. I was all bouncy for the rest of my work shift which my bosses found amusing.

Years
  • So I had a 31/x/31/31/31/x female Timid Larvesta that I had just bred. I bred it from a 31/x/31/x/31/x female Larvesta and one other Bug-type who what it was has escaped me. So I used that same previous Larvesta and bred with a 31/x/x/x/31/31 Ditto. I gave the Ditto the Power Anklet, and Destiny Knot on Larvesta, in the hopes of getting a 31/x/31/x/31/31 male, regardless of nature.

In one batch of five eggs, I got a Timid Larvesta with 31/x/31/31/31/31. Without either parent having 31 Sp Atk or an Everstone. I kid you not. That i'd say was an outrageous pull.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • my lucky moment has to be having transferred all the Pokémon from a copy of Y i bought cheap to resell and realising quite a few are IV bred. Managed to get a Zekrom for a 5IV Eevee and hopefully someone will trade a Reshiram for the 5IV Dratini I posted on GTS earlier. I'm thinking I'd have done well to breed the Eevee to get some more IVd Eevees before trading it off but I still have a 4IV available for that....

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2014
    Catching Whirlipedes in FS. 2nd one I found had Speed Boost. Took it to IV guy to see what it had: 31/31/31/x/x/31. Took it to IV breed with ditto. 3rd egg hatched. Speed Boost Venipede with 31/31/31/x/31/31.

All this took 10 minutes. I had only just had IV breeding explained to me. Was worried about the 'might take a long time' warning.

Catching Whirlipedes in FS. 2nd one I found had Speed Boost. Took it to IV guy to see what it had: 31/31/31/x/x/31. Took it to IV breed with ditto. 3rd egg hatched. Speed Boost Venipede with 31/31/31/x/31/31.

All this took 10 minutes. I had only just had IV breeding explained to me. Was worried about the 'might take a long time' warning.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I got my shiny Suicune!! :D :D

I snapped it up on the GTS this evening and my heart is still racing! ^_^

Unfortunately, it does not have the English name (which I would prefer), but it does have the default Japanese name (スイクン), which is the next best thing to me. :)

I may still try to get one with the English name, but for now, I'm thrilled!! :D

Years
  • Getting my first 6 IV Eevee within 20 or so eggs. Getting it with the right nature and ability is proving to be more challenging, however!

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • Caught a shiny Maractus today whilst looking for an female Ivysaur for the GTS in a Safari, would have preferred the shiny Ivysaur, but oh well :)
    My 9th shiny in the five weeks I have had the game :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2014
    not sure if you would count this as lucky.
    but when i started my game my trainer id was 07777

and thanks to poke transporter i was able to move the pokerus i origionally got in sapphire forward along with 300+ pokemon

Years
  • Just transferred my competition and shiny pkmn from y version to my x version via bank, and restarted my y. I got to the first route that you can catch pkmn in and caught about 10 pkmn for wonder trade, I really just wanted to rack up some poke miles and maybe get something I could trade for a pumpkaboo on the gts early on ( I have a pre planned team for this play through ) so I get a nincada that has no color, its white and grey all over, I'm not sure what the deal is with that but I kept it, then I traded a spewpa and got a modest xerneas... while at first I felt really bad, although it wasn't my intentions to scam on wt. It is part of the system and goes along with the nature of the beast, I'm pretty sure its a clone or either someone just doesn't care about what they wonder trade, however this was probably a true stroke of luck

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I should be thankful, but while trying to complete my Pokedex, people keep sending me Legendary Pokemon that are keepers.... ugh.

Shiny/Timid Latias with perfect-spread, and a Raquayza with 5 IVs... Good thing people like Sylveon; breeding them to trade is the only way I can keep getting back in "the game" :)

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
    Years
  • The last couple days had to have been lucky ones for me, first pokebank came out, so i got my celebi! Then i traded up all my Legendaries and such to X :) After a couple wonder trades, i got a Japanese ditto! Then hit the GTS, after trading a spare rayquaza for a regigigas,the regigigas for a groudon completing the Kyogre Groudon Rayquaza trio. Then a regirock for registeel, and a registeel for a 6IV REGICE!!! Lastly about a week ago i traded a Xerneas for Yveltal in the GTS, got a Korean Yveltal with pokerus! Like i said some good trades were made for me...

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2014
    Realizing that i had practically nothing (5 balls) on me to catch Zygarde with and got him with the 4th. They were all repeat balls >.<

Years
  • Just got home from work a little while ago and am currently doing laundry. Turned on my X game to do some more shiny hunting and my first encounter of the day was a shiny Lillipup AND a critical capture! ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    My luckiest moment on pokemon x/y that i putted a level 1 Togepi in gts trade and i asked for a Latios and basically got it in an hour. :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    So I was breeding N's Zorua and an Eevee with the move Synchronize to get more eevee babies with Synchronize and hopefully get a shiny one. I go on the GTS to get a better Eevee, and the third Eevee for trade is a Shiny female and the trainer wants a Cresselia in exchange for it. . . Guess who's got a Shiny Eevee now! I'm going to evolve her into a Sylveon =w=

Back