• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ludicolo or Sceptile?

Years
    Is Ludicolo or Sceptile better? What would be good movesets?

My current Battle Frontier team is:

1. Blaziken
    lvl 76
    Moves:
    Slash (going to replace this with rock slide after I get enough BPs)
    Sky Uppercut
    Aerial Ace
    Flamethrower

2. Swampert
    lvl 76
    Moves:
    Protect
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Surf

3. Ludicolo or Sceptile?
    Moves: ?

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Blaziken[adamant]@choice band
    -rockslide
    -overheat
    -sky uppercut
    -earthquake/focus punch

Swampert[brave]@leftovers
    -earthquake
    -ice beam
    -surf
    -protect

Sceptile[timid]@petaya
    -leech seed
    -leaf blade
    -substitute
    -thunderpunch

I'd suggest snorlax/Regice over sceptile...you'd need a special wall.
    Ludicolo isnt a favourite of mine..but he can make a decent special wall

Ludicolo[calm]@leftovers
    -surf/ice beam
    -leechseed
    -synthesis
    -giga drain/ice beam/sesmic toss

Years
    Yeah well, I'm going for a pokemon who can take down water pokemon easily. Hm...though there's the problem once again of too many pokemon with leftovers...I can't make up my mind still...

Pax Deorum

I probably hate you
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Sceptile is better ingame because all Ludicolo can do is stall.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

^Ummm, why would you put Solarbeam AND Rain Dance on the Pokemon. Also, I'm sure your sig is too big.

Anyways, go with what Ice demon said. Snorlax and Regice can take down Waters just as well as any Grass type, since 99% of Water Pokemon have Ice attacks.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    animelover120 said:
    Hm...thanks! Though, what would be a good moveset for snorlax? By the way, is Jolteon a good choice?

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    - Curse
    - Shadow Ball / Earthquake
    - Rest
    - Return / Body Slam

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    - Double-Edge
    - Shadow Ball / Earthquake
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Jolteon isn't that great of a choice, unless you can get a good Hidden Power like Ice, Grass, or Water. I guess it can do a decent Sub pass, but I'm sure that's not what you look for in a fronter team.

Grey-Eyed Wolf

Magikarp killer
    Years
    Coming from a jolteon trainer, I say he's a good choice! I f your going for a high special attack and special defense, and speed of corse :) . His defense may be a bit of a worry, but it can be perked up using Iron (kinda pricey usless you use the amulet coin often :) you can't go wrong with snorlax either, but I'm not familiar with his moves. hope this helps

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    instead of raindancing + thunder why don't u just thunderbolt twice?
    HP ice helps it take out grasses,grounds and dragons while HP grass helps with swampert and all other grounds..HP water doesnt exactly live up to either of those as its only use is to tackle ground types.

If you did manage to get HP water with a decent base power ingame then good for you.

Grey-Eyed Wolf

Magikarp killer
    Years
    Ice demon said:
    instead of raindancing + thunder why don't u just thunderbolt twice?
    HP ice helps it take out grasses,grounds and dragons while HP grass helps with swampert and all other grounds..HP water doesnt exactly live up to either of those as its only use is to tackle ground types.

If you did manage to get HP water with a decent base power ingame then good for you.

well once you use rain dance you can be sure that thunder wont miss. till the rain stops anyways. not my type of a battle but I suppose you could just keep using thunder instead of lil thunder bolts

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Thunderbolts are anything but "lil". Consider this, in the same time it takes you to Rain Dance first, and then Thunder for 120 Attack Points, I have attacked twice with TB at 95 AP each, for a total for 190. Even after 3 turns, you (1 RD, 2 Thunder) have dished out 240 AP while I (3 TBs) have dished out 285. Even after FOUR rounds, you stand at 360 AP while I am at 380. So, as you can see, it takes FIVE rounds in order for Thunder to do as much damage as Thunderbolt, and that is typically when RD runs out, meaning you have to spend another turn doing that, and making Thunder less effective again. The highest AP moves (Thunder, Hyper Beam, etc.) are not always the best move to use.

As for Jolteon, with its weak HP and Def, you are still better off going with something else, especially in-game where you cannot perfect any HP moves.

Back