• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ludicolo or Sceptile?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Well, if it is special attacks, then there are plenty more Pokes that do a better job than Jolteon. Alakazam, Sceptile, Raikou, Starmie, Espeon, and Gengar (not to mention Deoxys-F, Mewtwo, and the Lati@s) have comparable speed and either higher special attack or better movesets than Jolteon.

Years
    Whoa...I really need to check back here more often. Anyways, I'm trying to decide between Blissey, Snorlax, and Ludicolo. I'm so undecisive...Can Blissey learn any moves that are good against water types?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

It can learn Thunderbolt, but Ice Beam is preferred because that's the only way Blissey will get rid of Dugtrio (besides Counter, but Counter is only useful as a first-time surprise).

Snorlax is much better for the Battle Tower because it can actually Attack.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

CipherDakim12

Don't mess with this baby...
    Years
    Blissey can be good if it is given a Bold nature to raise its defense. Good set for Blissey can be Seismic Toss/Softboiled/Substitute/Toxic.

Snorlax deserves an Impish or Adamant nature. A good set for Snorlax I think is Return/Rest/Shadow Ball/Earthquake.

Ludicolo, like I said, can learn many Sp. Atks of different types. Bold nature can help its defense or a Modest nature to raise Sp. Atk. The ability Swift Swim can double Ludicolo's speed from rain! A good set for Ludicolo is Giga Drain/Leech Seed/Rain Dance/Surf.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Grey-Eyed Wolf said:
    None of them are faster then jolteon (part from latias i think and deoxys speed form)
    LOL What you don't understand is while Jolt may have higher speed, the only Poke that is faster than Zam that isn't also faster than Jolt, is Jolt itself. The only Pokes that are faster than Sceptile that aren't also faster than Jolt, is Jolt/Zam/Duggy. That is why I said their speed is comparable. I would definitely give up speed against a couple Pokes for a much better movepool.

As for a special tank, go with Snorlax, especially if you can breed Curse onto it and give it a Careful Nature.

Back